Kithairon's YouTube thread

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deastman wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm I don’t mind the YouTubers who are promoting themselves as a personal brand along with the content that they generate. Everyone needs to make a buck somehow, and if they can find a way to do it by providing useful, intelligent, and entertaining content, I’m fine with that. I don’t require every technology video to be dry, to the point, and devoid of all humanity.
It's not an either/or situation. Look at the official Cubase videos, for example. Their guy is friendly and very personable (and he's one of us). But I don't know what he looks like and I don't need to know.
I do have a few bones to pick with them, however. As they grow more successful, these people start to take on more sponsored content. It isn’t just that they have advertisers, but that the actual content of the show is driven by companies with products that they want featured and reviewed. Naturally, you’ll never see a critical review. If a reviewer doesn’t like the product they’re being paid to showcase, they’ll usually go over the features and demonstrate its use, without offering an opinion. The problem with this agnostic approach is that they are implicitly endorsing the product by choosing to review it, even if they don’t personally like it.
Here, again, why would you care if they like it or not? I don't want their stupid opinion, it is almost certainly going to be worthless, I want information so I can make up my own mind.
perpetual3 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 pmI’m a fan of Cuckoo.
He was the first person to get his hands on TRK-01 and I couldn't watch even one minute of his video. He pissed me off something chronic, I just wanted to punch him in his stupid face. So I just bought TRK-01 based on the demo sounds and hoped for the best. (Turned out it was even better than I had hoped/expected.)
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yeah Cuckoo is interesting. I do like his videos for the Pocket Operators (metal series) quite a bit.

I haven't liked much else, but to be honest I haven't tried to watch much more.

When it comes to the music stuff, I'm the same. I need the person to stick to the gear, get to the point, leave their face out of it and I'm only interested in relevant opinions.

For photo/video... I'm okay being entertained.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 am He was the first person to get his hands on TRK-01 and I couldn't watch even one minute of his video. He pissed me off something chronic, I just wanted to punch him in his stupid face. So I just bought TRK-01 based on the demo sounds and hoped for the best. (Turned out it was even better than I had hoped/expected.)
I get that, at first I was wtf but then he just films himself going through the features, jamming out, and when he does that he gets so into, he just seems so much more genuine, absolutely uncontrived. I probably never would have checked out Plogue PortaFM if it hadn’t been for Cuckoo’s vid. But I’m not looking at Cuckoo for comprehensive tutorials, more like a demo vid.

I’ll check out the Cubase videos to see what you mean.

As far as terrible videos, to me that goes to
Softube.

I admit, considering your no BS attitude, I have to get around to checking out the TRK-01.

You should have got your hands on the free versions they offered over Xmas. They remove a lot of the learning curve without taking away the things that make it sounds so good. And the upgrade from that is cheap at the moment, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

[muted]
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

im intrigued what the car has to do with it?

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 am You should have got your hands on the free versions they offered over Xmas. They remove a lot of the learning curve without taking away the things that make it sounds so good. And the upgrade from that is cheap at the moment, too.

So, I checked my email and luckily I did get TRK01 Play, but due to school and holidays I never got around to installing it and forgot about it.

And I agree - it sounds great. I love it actually.

Is the full version with the sequencer worth the money? Or would you be happy with Play?

The only things you miss out on are the sequencer, which is fairly standard but has "trigs", and the master effects, which are graphically very impressive but otherwise no better than doing it outside the plugin. Since getting the Play version I haven't touched the full version.

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:19 am The only things you miss out on are the sequencer, which is fairly standard but has "trigs", and the master effects, which are graphically very impressive but otherwise no better than doing it outside the plugin. Since getting the Play version I haven't touched the full version.
Ah, good to know. Thank you.

Agreed. And are they implying I'm not normal? ;)

bmanic wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am Could we please kick this YT spammer? It's getting severely annoying. KvR is a friggin FORUM, not a youtube "hey look at me!!" add space.

.. or at the very least, create a new section of the forum where all these YT spammers can post their stuff and feel special.
+3

+ 4
Also, he's posted the vid on the wrong forum ffs...
I don't see many, if any "normal" ppl on KVR.... :ud:
:roll:
:P
:tu:

bmanic wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am Could we please kick this YT spammer? It's getting severely annoying. KvR is a friggin FORUM, not a youtube "hey look at me!!" add space.

.. or at the very least, create a new section of the forum where all these YT spammers can post their stuff and feel special.
You mean like a simplified way of spamming for normal people?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 am Agreed. And are they implying I'm not normal? ;)
you're not. ive met him.

Return to “Production Techniques”