2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The difference is that I came from that and never want to go back. The Prophet 12 is a lot different to what I had assumed it was. It's not quite the knob-fest you might want, though, with oscillators sharing controls and LFOs sharing controls and a mod matrix I can't even find on the front panel. If all you want is an analogue filter, there are much cheaper ways to get one. But I can see what it is you are looking at with a synth like this, I am just a bit skeptical about whether or not you will find it a good experience. It seems to me that it's trying to take on softsynths but it's a game DSI can't win. I reckon my $200 MicroMonsta is probably not too far off the pace.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Decided to embrace mobile so bought an Apogee Jam 96k, Korg Microkey Air 25 and a Røde ixy microphone.

Planning to test Apple’s ‘fully-fledged recording studio in your pocket’ to the limit.

Seriously contemplating adding or changing controllers. Top of the list are adding the Crumar mojopedals and/or KM 12Step. Equally looking at lighter 88 note keyboards. Specifically the SL88s since it weighs 16lbs less and has variable sensitivity than my VMK. Also considering either a second one or SL73 or the Nektar LX88 for the spouse. And possibly the Arturia Keylab 88, although the triple sensor boards get first choice and I don't ever want another white keyboard.

I think the only thing I've bought in HW this year was the Mackie headphone amp.

werp wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:48 am started in Eurorack a couple of months ago so I’ve filled up a trogotronics/collier 368 case without really having a target. I figure that the waldorf nw-1 will be replaced fairly soon by the 4ms swn. The hole in the middle is an XAOC Zadar which I’ve had to send back to Poland (should arrive there today) due to a dead screen at two weeks old :-( Externally there’s a PM Lifeforms sv-1, Make Noise O-coast and an empress fx Zoia. The learning curve be steep.
Bloody hecknig thingy...
that is some system for a couple o months.... about the same time I started>>> late March.

I took a different approach ... started simple, and cheap ;)
Got to know my modules and build...
I see we have a few same modules... the Filter 8 :love:
Distings ( me 2)
Pico alogic... I'm waiting on a logic.
NW1... which I love... not impressed with Waldorf's manual or editor... and once over the novelty of modulating the thing like crazy... have done some cool things.

and last... we share Pammy... got to enjoy the workouts.. ;)

but the other stuff... woweee. looks pretty heavy duty kit. :tu:

I ordered a Behringer ADA8200 today to shove ADAT up my old EMU 1212m PCI audio card, giving me 10 audio inputs from the rack...
had enough of mixing stereo from my mixer... need tracks/stems.. ;)

I bought an Epiphone Explorer bass guitar ... it was so cheap (second hand) that I couldn't resist it. Great having a bass in the studio again. :)

toonertik wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 pm
werp wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:48 am started in Eurorack a couple of months ago so I’ve filled up a trogotronics/collier 368 case without really having a target. I figure that the waldorf nw-1 will be replaced fairly soon by the 4ms swn. The hole in the middle is an XAOC Zadar which I’ve had to send back to Poland (should arrive there today) due to a dead screen at two weeks old :-( Externally there’s a PM Lifeforms sv-1, Make Noise O-coast and an empress fx Zoia. The learning curve be steep.
Bloody hecknig thingy...
that is some system for a couple o months.... about the same time I started>>> late March.

I took a different approach ... started simple, and cheap ;)
Got to know my modules and build...
I see we have a few same modules... the Filter 8 :love:
Distings ( me 2)
Pico alogic... I'm waiting on a logic.
NW1... which I love... not impressed with Waldorf's manual or editor... and once over the novelty of modulating the thing like crazy... have done some cool things.

and last... we share Pammy... got to enjoy the workouts.. ;)

but the other stuff... woweee. looks pretty heavy duty kit. :tu:
It helps that a small business focussed on Eurorack looks to be exiting the business world. I scored the Rossum Electro gear plus a few others at fairly low prices. I’d have been silly not to take advantage of that. I also keep an eye on Reverb for items of interest. I wanted the Assimil8or for percussion duties (which it fulfills admirably) rather than waste space on dedicated drum modules that have a particular sound.
Unfortunately, I know me. This thing will get huge over time. I have an addictive personality but I don’t drink anything but coffee, hardly ever go ‘out’ and only take drugs which are prescribed. My guitar collection is stagnating at around 50 and I’m not sure what those zebra crossing things are about on keyboards. Sometimes I wish I’d develop an interest in harmonicas, stamps or little round pebbles that just lie around waiting to be claimed. No chance.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

stagnating guitar collection at "around 50" :o

ps: guitar through modular is awesome :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:38 pm stagnating guitar collection at "around 50" :o

I may look into that one day (I’ve owned midi-guitar 2 since it was an alpha release) but I’d really prefer to keep them separate. :-)
I only have a little sanity left..

Hey guys! I planing for upgrade my audio interface, just for mixing and mastering (hip hop music), not recording. So between the Audient ID14 and Focusrite Clarett 2Pre USB, Which one is better? Thank you!

Finally settled on a Konig and Meyer

With a second tier stacker.

$350 Australian including shipping from Thomann...If I was to buy it from an Australian retailer it was going to cost me $550 Australian!!! I am getting sick to death of these Aus music shops and their bullshite prices on everything. Then they tell you "but with us, you get a full Australian warranty". The last 2 purchases I made from Australian shops had a "full Australian Warranty" and BOTH had to be sent back (I suspect something to do with the fact that they nearly always send floor stock without stating it as such) and it is always like pulling teeth to get these muppets to honour consumer rights.

This year I decided to return to a hardware-base studio for an underground Deep House and Detroit Techno side project. As of today, I have added the following items to my studio in support the said endeavor in 2019:

* Arturia BeatStep Pro Black Limited Edition (2 qty.)
* Arturia DrumBrute Creation Limited Edition
* Arturia MicroBrute Creation Limited Edition
* Arturia KeyStep Black Limited Edition (2 qty.)
* Arturia MiniBrute 2
* Korg Minilogue XD
* Moog Sirin
* Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms SV-1 Blackbox (2 qty.)
* Roland Aria TR-8S

Hopefully, next year I will start expanding the two Lifeforms SV-1 Blackboxes into a Eurorack setup.

Edit: Added Arturia KeySteps.
Last edited by Silaris on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Cry Baby 535Q died, so I invested in a Vox V485.

Might still try to fix the Cry Baby though

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:38 pm stagnating guitar collection at "around 50" :o

My buddy has over 60 and doesn’t even play the guitar. Haha! He just likes to collect them apparently.
*Not cheap ones either, his dad left him $15 mil.

pekbro wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:04 am

My buddy has over 60 and doesn’t even play the guitar. Haha! He just likes to collect them apparently.
*Not cheap ones either, his dad left him $15 mil.
Sounds like my kind of guy. He should adopt you. Then he should adopt me.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”