What happened to Admiral Quality (Poly-ana)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:33 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:21 pm for some its disposable, like a ring pull on a can :shrug:
To be fair, having four skins seems a bit redundant :shrug:
One might prefer smoking the larger 'roll-up'.
I defer to your expertise :tu:

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:21 pm for some its disposable, like a ring pull on a can :shrug:
With 12 skins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObknmaH9po

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:49 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 am The best way to support is to buy the products.
Not possible with the site down, I can't even access what I have bought
Have you tried emailing him? He's always been very fast to reply to emails. I'm sure he'd send you the installers and explain what's up with the site.
Mike's on the case now :)

Site should be fixed soon.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm
With 12 skins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObknmaH9po
that better be 12 king size skins.
it is breakfast after all :)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 pm
I defer to your expertise :tu:
Like the tory leadership contenders, one doesn't partake these days - just makes me knackered, and I'm also wary of it leading to making bleeping noises using old telephone exchanges for hours on end..

:o

And i thought he changed his name to Commodore Quality, and had to change his domain respectively.

From Facebook:

“Apparently we've got some website difficulties, many clients are getting 503 errors. Didn't notice it ourselves until today when we tried some different browsers. It's nothing we did, we're pursuing it with our hosting provider. Sorry about any inconvenience, we expect it to be back up for everyone shortly.”
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Working for me now...
Though poly ana supports MPE, its way too expensive. He would sell more than twice as much if the price would be half as much...

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:57 pm Though poly ana supports MPE, its way too expensive. He would sell more than twice as much if the price would be half as much...
Arguable. It's on the market for a long time now. I don't see much advertising for it. It's a bit of a "secret tip" synth, for analog fetishists. Doubt that it's very popular.

I bet the "Admiral" just read this, and lets off steam on Facebook right now. :hihi:

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:57 pm Working for me now...
Though poly ana supports MPE, its way too expensive. He would sell more than twice as much if the price would be half as much...
He does several sales a year with up to 75% off. Got mine for about 45€ or so. Just wait a bit, sales will come :)

Yeah it’s often half price which I think is a good deal. Full price is a little expensive. I’d say 139 or so would be more enticing to people.

For those looking for alternate skins, I always recommend Ingo’s skin if you like a flat look. It’s a little cartoonish but I find it very clear. It wasn’t posted on the site as I think the dev didn’t like it but you should be able to find it floating around.

I wonder how history may have played out differently if Mike had been more flexible during the early days when his original skin got so heavily criticized, he stuck by his guns, ignored good advice and in doing so took a lot of flak which possibly made him become toxic?
We shall never know.
The new skins look way better which begs the question why do some developers ignore good feedback?

I was assuming the phaser was long out of beta by now, just too lazy to go get it - looks like I'm not the only energetically selective one...

Return to “Instruments”