FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm What is the upgrade price from MPowerSynth?
My discount as a PowerSynth owner was 20€ off.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 pm
bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm
mevla wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm
bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm I don't have MPowerSynth yet, but am considering purchasing it.
I'd say get MSoundFactory.
I am trying to determine, though, if it would be less expensive to buy MPowerSynth second hand, and then upgrade to MSoundFactory. Thus, I am trying to figure out the upgrade price.
This may help- 20% off the already cheap 99E! (I also get credits if you use the voucher- win win!)

Referral coupon

MELDA5387469 - Any new customer who uses your code during checkout gets a 20 % discount
Thanks, but I already have other Melda plugins, so the code doesn't work for me :).

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:14 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 pm
bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm
mevla wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm
bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm I don't have MPowerSynth yet, but am considering purchasing it.
I'd say get MSoundFactory.
I am trying to determine, though, if it would be less expensive to buy MPowerSynth second hand, and then upgrade to MSoundFactory. Thus, I am trying to figure out the upgrade price.
This may help- 20% off the already cheap 99E! (I also get credits if you use the voucher- win win!)

Referral coupon

MELDA5387469 - Any new customer who uses your code during checkout gets a 20 % discount
Thanks, but I already have other Melda plugins, so the code doesn't work for me :).
Then nobody can tell you what your discount will be. The effect is cumulative. I owned MPS, MUnison, MTurboDelay and MTurboReverb and got MSF for $55. For you, it could be something different depending on what you already own.

Just demoing....

So, uh - holy crap, that's a lot of stuff! The effects alone...

I'm confused about the whole instrument/preset thing - didn't even realize at first what "devices" were. And of course the whole GUI thing is really an artifact of creating and enormous amount of audio building blocks (their whole product line) quickly by reusing a GUI framework and not coding per device, but it's functional.

Really hard not to spend $99 on this. If there were an FX version just routing audio to effects, that might be worth the price alone.

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:14 pm Thanks, but I already have other Melda plugins, so the code doesn't work for me :).
It might:
cptgone wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:13 pm
2020 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:38 am If anybody needs a referral code for first time purchse, here's mine:

MELDA1069759
I own MXXX, but didn't buy it from Melda directly (got it from Plugin Boutique) and this coupon works for me.
(On the other hand, I wasn't offered any further discount, except for 10 Melda "credits")

JoeCat wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm Just demoing....

So, uh - holy crap, that's a lot of stuff! The effects alone...

…If there were an FX version just routing audio to effects, that might be worth the price alone.
There is; it's called MXXX, and is 10x the price:) We're all waiting to see how long a sample we'll be able to load into MSF…(well, I am!)

Specific questions about Device/Edit-Mode differences?

David wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:08 pm There is; it's called MXXX, and is 10x the price:) We're all waiting to see how long a sample we'll be able to load into MSF…(well, I am!)
Please explain.

A long enough sample would mean being able to process a full track via the FX in MSF

I am looking forward to the MSF sampler and any module that works with samples or any WAV.

Looking for modules that are similar to;
Iris
Slicex.
Form
Pitchmap
SkannerXT
Melodyne

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 pm A long enough sample would mean being able to process a full track via the FX in MSF
Yes the longer the better.
I thought you meant how long time wise it took! :oops:

Reefius wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 am The regular LFO's are per voice modulators, which means they only run when a note is played, with a separate instance of the LFO per note. So if you play a 4-note chord, there will also be 4 LFO's running independently.

The modulators are global so they're more suitable to use as a free running LFO.

Wags, you're a stubborn dude :P
Having something per voice doesn't mean it can't be free running (aka random phase on trigger). It's not exactly uncommon you know.

It's possible to emulate though with any of the randomize options, using those on the phase.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Question: does the TurboFilter module let you make other filter models? One thing I'd like is more flavors for basic filter types, but I'm just not enough of a nerd to figure out something like TurboFilter so I'll let somebody else do it :)
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pmLooking for modules that are similar to;
Iris
I read somewhere (this thread, probably :) ) that spectral synthesis is planned (I hope something with a similar way to select sections of a spectral image). Also granular is planned. Up in the air as to when that will be developed.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pmLooking for modules that are similar to;
Iris
I read somewhere (this thread, probably :) ) that spectral synthesis is planned (I hope something with a similar way to select sections of a spectral image). Also granular is planned. Up in the air as to when that will be developed.
That is good news.
Any module that works with samples is ok by me.
Let me add one more to my list:
An image to audio sample module.

Somewhere IIRC Vojtech stated that he will be working primarily on the MSF for the next year.
How bad is my memory?
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 pm A long enough sample would mean being able to process a full track via the FX in MSF
Perhaps MSF can have some features like in Wavelab, Soundforge or Audition.
To be able to do multi-track editing and use the Melda fx.

Return to “Instruments”