Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does someone know how long the izotope sale goes? thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

dermage wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:19 pm When will k13 be released approximately? Mid 2020?
If they stick with their traditional release cycle, it should be late 2020.
Caine123 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 pm does someone know how long the izotope sale goes? thx
End of June. Time&Space lists the end date July 1st.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:50 pm The sale of warez'd plugins on eBay is really going rampant these days. Just got an official eBay marketing email advertising the sale of a "Windows-only version of Dune 3 (instant delivery)" for $5.99. So much to buyer protection on eBay.
Not sure if buyer protection can account for stupidity. If you see Dune 3 for such a low price, it should ring all bells. Just like a $100 Rolex.

And, if noone reports the seller, i doubt the system could automatically ban him/her based on the sale. After all, it's your decision whether you want to sell Dune 3 for $100, or $5.99. That's generally an issue on eBay. People don't question when someone offers Windows 10 for $9.99. They just buy it, and are happy about their "deal of the century".

I hardly use eBay anymore. It's a hoard for scammers, and people who mistake it for a bazaar. It used to be a very nice place, but, now it's sh** for the most part of it.

cprompt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:11 pm
omiroad wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm It turns out I can't really tell the difference between Kontakt 5 and 6...
Yeah... I was kind of tempted by the kontakt 6 upgrade... As a developer of Kontakt instruments I was hoping for more, much more. And as a user I was hoping for something better too. At best, I would say this is a point release for Kontakt 5 not a whole new version that requires money to upgrade. Quite disappointing if I'm honest.
To be fair, they've given free point updates for kontakt 5 for, how long? 7 years?
I think they deserve some update fee once in a while.

Uncle, how long is the deal on nova good for? I need to mess around with the regular version a bit more before I commit to the GE.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 am I hardly use eBay anymore. It's a hoard for scammers, and people who mistake it for a bazaar. It used to be a very nice place, but, now it's sh** for the most part of it.
They sometimes send out coupons and JRR has a shop there. It is one of the few possibilities to get additional discounts on certain "sale-resistant" plugins. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 am
mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:50 pm The sale of warez'd plugins on eBay is really going rampant these days. Just got an official eBay marketing email advertising the sale of a "Windows-only version of Dune 3 (instant delivery)" for $5.99. So much to buyer protection on eBay.
Not sure if buyer protection can account for stupidity. If you see Dune 3 for such a low price, it should ring all bells. Just like a $100 Rolex.

And, if noone reports the seller, i doubt the system could automatically ban him/her based on the sale. After all, it's your decision whether you want to sell Dune 3 for $100, or $5.99. That's generally an issue on eBay. People don't question when someone offers Windows 10 for $9.99. They just buy it, and are happy about their "deal of the century".

I hardly use eBay anymore. It's a hoard for scammers, and people who mistake it for a bazaar. It used to be a very nice place, but, now it's sh** for the most part of it.
I mostly buy used books, craft stuff and costume jewelry there. Never had a problem, but I also don't expect it to be the best stuff. I guess it depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to pay.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 am

If it's too good to be true it's usually not kosher stew. One of the rules of life.

I saw some guy selling Ableton Suite 10 for $50 on eBay. Not eligible for future upgrades and digital download only. But when you check the seller feedback, it's some guy from Russia selling cracked software from music to office. :)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:54 am If it's too good to be true it's usually not kosher stew. One of the rules of life.
Yep, yet i see so many write in forums that they got a Windows 10 key for 10 €, or a Office Pro Plus key (which is the most expensive version of MS Office...) for a tenner. Yeah, right. :roll:

TBH, i think they all deserve to get their developer keys, or keys bought with stolen credit card data banned by Microsoft. The reality is that many get away with it, though (well, usually not with keys bought with stolen credit card data...). Microsoft can also not ban every single illicit Windows 7 copy in China or India.

mgw38 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 am I hardly use eBay anymore. It's a hoard for scammers, and people who mistake it for a bazaar. It used to be a very nice place, but, now it's sh** for the most part of it.
They sometimes send out coupons and JRR has a shop there. It is one of the few possibilities to get additional discounts on certain "sale-resistant" plugins. :)
+1, I wouldn`t unhook the bay as well.

Not a place for private bargains anymore
but to get some good deals across established local music shops.

Bay coupons via mail at times,
special sales only at bay out of competition or to get new customers, B-stock etc.

Not bad, hw in particular.

Let`s not forget cowbells, the bay is always good for a cowbell.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

This should be interesting...

Absolutely :tu:

DubLifeSD wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 pm This should be interesting...

He’s going to drop the price of the subscription to $9:99 per month :)
He said that he would a long time back.

DubLifeSD wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 pm This should be interesting...

Sir Paul Young should sue them for royalties. :)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

No more subscription from Slate maybe?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”