Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

mitchiemasha wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 pm
ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:12 pm 70% with some presets.
Tell me the name of that preset and I will try it on my machine.
Try for example Leads -> LD Festival 1, 2, 3 and trigger/play them quick. 70% on an i9! almost 80%.
And sorry. The setup is OK. Have tried also with LatencyMon and it said it's nice.
Every synth run smooth under 10% CPU even with 12,4 ms (256 Samples) Asio Buffer Size. :D
With Avenger i need to set the Asio Buffer Size to 47,7ms (1024 Samples). :shrug:

I got the information, that Avenger run Multicore. But that answer can you get from someone else. I'm not sure about this.

Btw. I am actually working on version 1.4.7 VST2. Above doesnt really run smooth here.

Sorry, if it can not always be praise. The synth is awesome. But unfortunately way too CPU intensive.
And I think that it can be optimized. :help:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Rebound...you're getting that issue with an i9!!! that's not right.
I think more right i can't proof it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:19 pm Try for example Leads -> LD Festival 1, 2, 3 and trigger/play them quick. 70% on an i9! almost 80%.
I tried all of those presets and the highest I got was 11%. That was rolling my hand fast across the entire keyboard.

To get anywhere near 70%, Avenger needs to be generating over 700 Oscs, and that was turning legato off, cranking the max to 64, and using my arms to pressing every key on the keyboard at the same time. Which after the initial press settles down to a much lower %, while still pressed, pressing others, alternating the pressure of my arms, fast, which is just insane!

Something must wrong with your set up if you're getting 70% with normal behaviour. Nothing to do with latency mon. You're MB or CPU must be throttling or not clocking up right. As though you have a much slower processor speed.

My buffer is set at 512 as it's the best setting for the Virus TI and other hardware routed through Cubase as a VST instrument (yes, that is an amazing cubase feature). Tightening the buffer all the way to 32 and still only a few % more.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 pm I think more right i can't proof it.
Yes, as I suggested, that's not right. Even at the tightest buffer setting (32) the highest I get for that preset is 20%.

I have an i7 you have the i9. I wouldn't expect to see better performance form the i9 in this department but it shouldn't be worse. Have you tried turning off HT? The i9 only really excel in the best of the best motherboards.

You're version of the preset is generating 90 more osc (not sure why as it's legato and yours is maxed at 32, mine 64) but even if I change it to generate more, turn legato off, generating over 500 oscs still doesn't get anywhere near 70%
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

I've turned off the HT now in bios.
That brought a little more performance indeed. :clap:
But the Festival 2 Sound still jump up to 50% 60% here. (it has a very long release which is cheesy!)

Don't get me wrong.
I just see it relatively simple:
When all plugins work fine even the CPU Monster Serum and the Avenger not....
Is it my PC Setup then? I'm not that sure about. But i'm open to learn. If you have ideas to speed up my computer, lets check it out.

Add me on Facebook if you have an account...
Last edited by Demuvi on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

But HT off is not the option! :)
After that my RAPID doesn't work anymore. :shrug:

OK i found the problem together with the one who created my new computer.
We found out, that my Windows 10 were in a balanced mode (by default).
I have set it to maximum power and now i don't come over 20% anymore.

Btw. i updated to Version 1.4.10 now. (Vst2).

ReboundAudio wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 am OK i found the problem together with the one who created my new computer.
We found out, that my Windows 10 were in a balanced mode (by default).
I have set it to maximum power and now i don't come over 20% anymore.

Btw. i updated to Version 1.4.10 now. (Vst2).
What do you mean balance mode?
control panel?

What do you mean balance mode?
control panel?
Yeah the system control on Windows 10 (power saving mode).
It was default on "balanced" and now it's on maximum power. Now it works great.

(I have a german Win10 and don't know where to find in english versions)
Last edited by Demuvi on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

It will be the power settings.
Control Panel -> System & Security -> Power Options

ReboundAudio - I'm glad you fixed your problem ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

ReboundAudio - I'm glad you fixed your problem ;)
Thanks, Me too!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was so disappointed at first that I have such a poor performance with the avenger again but now I am very satisfied. If it stays that way, everything is fine for me. :love:

And maybe this Energy-Settings in Windows helps others with their performance problems. :tu:

Yes. That's good news. Your CPU wasn't "clocking up right" accelerating quick enough. In high performance mode your CPU will already be at the faster clock speed, there's no chance of that sudden demand to be seen as harder impact.

Feature request (again... sorry)

I was watching a distortion plugin video on youtube and one of them featured was the RC-20 Retro Color. When he went to move the focus slider, LP/HP, clicking the middle and dragging moved both at the same time... I knew that was a good idea.

I'd love to see this built into all the FX. It feels like how it should be. Not setting up Macros. When we jump into a preset and want to adjust and examine the FX, narrow the LP/HP close together, have a sweep through clicking dragging the middle, find the sweet spot, expand the LP/HP.

It might take a lot to code to introduce it to all, but it would be a simple improvement to give more power to the users. A nice extra touch. It flows and would feel natural to work as such. Seeing it in action supported my beliefs.

msvs wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:17 pm https://youtu.be/KkTRLZpJxvs
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Instruments”