Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 pm
guys, please stop requesting features which are already there ;)
But have you considered a feature that lets us scrub through several waveforms? Like a table of waveforms. You could even call it a wavetable, if you like :D

while you're at it, an arp module would be great

Future request for the arp or real sequencer please add the ability to tie notes to create slides or add slide notes on the upcoming real sequencer and also it would be awsome to add in certain steps different modulation like filter cutoff or distortion or fm just in certain steps :pray:

this all is already possible with a little bit of mod-matrix knowledge

msvs wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 pm this all is already possible with a little bit of mod-matrix knowledge
Yes you are right and I did all with the mod envelopes but as far as tieing the notes for nice legato. I couldn't find a way I did use pitch bend with mod env but didn't sound what i wanted. How about if we can make the notes in the arp pass a little over to the next note to make this nice slides

But I don't think this would work since its monophonic but hopefully the real sequencer behave like a piano roll so this could be possible. Thank

Can you please fix the CPU spikes in Avenger 1.4.10 VST3 ? Thanks!
3 instances of Avenger with standard Presets from the Library and my new i9 9900X CPU says good bye!

Thank you!
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

100tifiko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:40 pm
msvs wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 pm this all is already possible with a little bit of mod-matrix knowledge
Yes you are right and I did all with the mod envelopes but as far as tieing the notes for nice legato. I couldn't find a way I did use pitch bend with mod env but didn't sound what i wanted. How about if we can make the notes in the arp pass a little over to the next note to make this nice slides
just use portamento legato on the OSC which goes into the ARP. This means that all notes, which are tied to each other will slide. To untie, you can either shorten them a bit or use the GATE knob of the ARP. Even a gate of 99% will make them untie and stop the glide. Sovyou could now automate the gate knob with the steq sq and do a modulation on certain steps, or instead just work with longer and shorter ARP notes to make the slide on the areas you like. You could also automate the porta legato switch on the pitch env page to to the same. No need to automate and pitchbends etc...!

hello :) does anyone know when it will be Avengers Update to version 1.5.0 and where can it be purchased? :wink:

no one here can know beside me, and I dont even know...
- it will be free btw

msvs wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:43 am
100tifiko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:40 pm
just use portamento legato on the OSC which goes into the ARP. This means that all notes, which are tied to each other will slide. To untie, you can either shorten them a bit or use the GATE knob of the ARP. Even a gate of 99% will make them untie and stop the glide. Sovyou could now automate the gate knob with the steq sq and do a modulation on certain steps, or instead just work with longer and shorter ARP notes to make the slide on the areas you like. You could also automate the porta legato switch on the pitch env page to to the same. No need to automate and pitchbends etc...!
Thank you your awsome I just got it to do what i wanted to do also a great tip is to use the chord mode on single and add the sub and makes some cool glides on poly mode.

Hi,

I've a very old machine (> 8 years) with a Core I7 and updated it to a Ryzen 7 1800x. Before upgrading my hardware, I've tested it with an Trance2 XP preset which results in ~24% CPU usage. On my new machine, the same preset also tooks about ~24% CPU usage - is this normal?

Best regards,
Marc

kaju74 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm Hi,

I've a very old machine (> 8 years) with a Core I7 and updated it to a Ryzen 7 1800x. Before upgrading my hardware, I've tested it with an Trance2 XP preset which results in ~24% CPU usage. On my new machine, the same preset also tooks about ~24% CPU usage - is this normal?

Best regards,
Marc
Do not worry, Marc. I have the same problems with an Intel i9 9900X CPU with 4,600 MHz overclocking including water cooling and Avenger still reaches 70% with some presets. :D
After lengthy debates with the programmer and msvg, and after being banned from the facebook group, I will stop asking for performance issues. :shrug: I just say: Fix it please and I hope it gets fixed soon.

It seems they see this as a personal insults and not as an aid in making this synth the best synth ever.
Because it isn't the best yet. It is like a racing car with cut through brake hoses. You can not just drive as it would have to be driven.

Take it as it is. We can just hope they will awake one day.
Regards!
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Ohh---okay, I thought, it is optimized for modern cpu architectures - that's why I've bought a new computer with better hardware due of the bottleneck on my old machine while processing audio. On my old computer, I've also problems while using multiple instances of Neutron 2 plugins. In this case, Neutron 3 runs a way smoother on my old machine and doesn't peak so much on my new one. Hoping, VPS will be optimized in the future. I love this synth and what you can do with it....

Rebound...you're getting that issue with an i9!!! that's not right. I upgraded to the new i7 because i love Avenger and my old 3.4 wouldn't cut it. My i7 9700k is at 4.8, I can push 5.0, but my MB isn't the best, VRM's start to current throttle too much, which would result in more potential glitches if a project ever reached that point.

Kaju... Ryzen 1800x, that was your mistake. Yes you get lots of fast cores with HT but 3.6 base boost to 4... isn't going to improve much. I'm pretty sure Avenger due to how DAW audio works, runs only on 1 core. A demanding chain of audio needs the fastest core possible. HT in this instance can become useless and more of a potential threat.

My 3.4 couldn't even handle some presents before any extra processing or master chain. My i7 doesn't even spin up the fans, that's Avenger running into Neutron Mix Buss and Ozone on the master. All well known for being CPU hugs.

Regardless to all that. One thing I can be sure on is we will see Avenger improve. Man still uses Cubase 5 (I think) I wonder what machine that's running on. Surely he'd want huge performance improvements if they were that serious.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:12 pm 70% with some presets.
Tell me the name of that preset and I will try it on my machine. I don't have many expansions (although I wish I did) so stick to factory. You have a bad set up. There's no way you'd hit 70% on the new i9. The VRM's on your motherboard might be getting too hot due to the nature of your water cooling, depends how you have that set up. Still it shouldn't be hitting 70%, not even 24%.

Lets not forget some presets are an entire track onto themselves. If you're playing this preset like a full song, expect high usage but not 70%
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Return to “Instruments”