Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

AVX2

Okay. I may need to upgrade my system :). My I7 3770 does not support AVX2.

The i7 should support AVX, so I think it will still work.

Yes, it supports AVX, just not AVX2. It has been a while since I worked with this. I hope that it will fallback to AVX if AVX2 is not supported.

FathomSynth wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:26 pm By the way, Ambietic Atmospheres is now part of the Film Score Bundle.

You can get the full Film Score Bundle now for $15 bucks.

Ambietic Atmospheres
Solidtrax Science Fiction
Scrubbing Monkeys Purple Mist
Mountain Climber

Also, includes the full Mountain Climber Ableton host project file.

This is a very limited time offer, it is normally $45.00
I wish I would have known that. I bought Film Score + Ambietic Atmospheres. I have two copies of Ambietic!

Send me a PM, I can either give you a refund or one of the other banks for free.

Do you have Solidtrax Bass?

FathomSynth wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:43 pm Send me a PM, I can either give you a refund or one of the other banks for free.

Do you have Solidtrax Bass?
I will PM you!

I’ll tell you, I played with the CM version of Fathom and bought the full version a few days ago. This is a killer synth and an amazing value! It is better than synths costing 5X as much! If you haven’t bought a copy of Fathom, what are you waiting for. It is one of the best designed UIs I have ever seen. The only issue I have with it is CPU usage but that can be managed and the dev is working on optimizing the code. Investing in the Fathom platform is a no brainer. Just do it!

Tony10K, Thanks for the killer recommendation!

This is probably a good time to mention it, but it's been a while since any Fathom KVR user reviews.

Sales usually go up to $100 per the day if there is even just one review.

So if you like Fathom, please enter a brief review, on Fathom's KVR product page.
It does not have to be long, even just a one or two sentence blurb is all it takes.

Yes CPU is going awesome, I'm actually almost done converting all my processor instructions to Intel AVX.
More work is needed to update the new code from the interface but the AVX code itself is almost done.

The new AVX code will crunch through all 8 detune voices in one shot with no loop !!!

FathomSynth wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 pm Tony10K, Thanks for the killer recommendation!

This is probably a good time to mention it, but it's been a while since any Fathom KVR user reviews.

Sales usually go up to $100 per the day if there is even just one review.

So if you like Fathom, please enter a brief review, on Fathom's KVR product page.
It does not have to be long, even just a one or two sentence blurb is all it takes.

Yes CPU is going awesome, I'm actually almost done converting all my processor instructions to Intel AVX.
More work is needed to update the new code from the interface but the AVX code itself is almost done.

The new AVX code will crunch through all 8 detune voices in one shot with no loop !!!
Done...I am doing everything I can to get the word out. I am trying to convince family members and friends to buy it. I believe in supporting the work of small developers who create great products.

Will the AVX code definitely be supported on AVX (non-AVX2) processors? E5-1620 v1 here - and no issues yet with the current release, although I haven't been beating it up with detuned oscs, either.

8 register wide AVX 2 will be released first.
Then I will go back and do AVX1, followed by 4 register wide SIMD, and AMD processors.
AVX1 is very strange since it seems to be missing some essential instructions.
I will have to check the instruction set and see.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the update after the next one. I have to say your responsiveness is amazing!

FathomSynth wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 pm
Anything to help.
Thank you for your hard work!

Wow, thanks everyone for the reviews, we're back in the top 100 again!

Return to “Instruments”