Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:35 pm Looking good crimsonwarlock :tu:
Thanks. Your space is very nice too. Although I have left my hardware synthesizers behind at the turn of the century I still like seeing analog stuff in a studio :D

The only real analog hardware I still have is a non-working Ragnarok, you can see it right in the back on the first picture 8)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

I tried going completely "in the box" in the early 2000s, but I missed the hands on experience of hardware, despite owning several midi controllers. Now I have more hardware synths than soft synths ... 8)

I know what you mean, that's why I have a lot of controllers :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

This came on Friday but I only opened it 10 minutes ago.. looks amazing but where the f**k is the headphone out so I can try without having to rewire gear from the interface?? :o Oh wait it doesn't have one lol DUH!
Anyways I'm gonna have a few hours play on this and see how it kicks :tu:

I've got my studio mostly setup at the new house. Still need to get audio from the keyboard stand routed to the patchbay and then I will start mounting my diffusion panels.

I have bass traps on the floor but not in the corners of the ceiling. I'm going to see how far I can get with an acoustic panel on the ceiling. The wide window makes it tough to get bass traps in the corners.

Looks like you got a good thing going there...
although, maybe some side panels...
BTW.. is that an old analog tektronix oscilloscope I see under the waldorf ?

Yep, Tektronix 2215. I have some old function generators in the garage too.
Yes, I'll put some panels on the sides and on the ceiling. I just wanted to get the fun stuff hooked up first!

justin3am wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:09 pm Yep, Tektronix 2215. I have some old function generators in the garage too.
Yes, I'll put some panels on the sides and on the ceiling. I just wanted to get the fun stuff hooked up first!
OFC>>> :tu:

I got an oldy tek as well... needs repairing... so I got one of those DSO things for £20, only single channel... but OMG, so useful in the modular world )))

Looking forward to your output Justin ))))

justin3am wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:53 pm Still need to get audio from the keyboard stand routed to the patchbay
Interesting avant-garde approach; it is not the technology which produces the art, rather those which support it in its endeavours. Have you thought of entering for the Turner Prize?

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:11 pm
justin3am wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:53 pm Still need to get audio from the keyboard stand routed to the patchbay
Interesting avant-garde approach; it is not the technology which produces the art, rather those which support it in its endeavours. Have you thought of entering for the Turner Prize?
I didn't know that it was such a novel approach. Next you will be telling me that not everyone uses the line out from their desk chair to get the purest of fart tones. :hihi:

justin3am wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:53 pm I've got my studio mostly setup at the new house. Still need to get audio from the keyboard stand routed to the patchbay and then I will start mounting my diffusion panels.

I have bass traps on the floor but not in the corners of the ceiling. I'm going to see how far I can get with an acoustic panel on the ceiling. The wide window makes it tough to get bass traps in the corners.

Looks fantastic Justin :tu:

Have you used Quantum much yet? Just asking to see if you've fed any of your synths to the Quantum inputs and did any resampling?
I'm thinking of feeding the main out of Tanzbar 2 in to Quantum and see what kind of crazy stuff comes out of there.

Rob

Yes, I've used the Quantum in a song I put out earlier in the year, two songs which I'm working on, a demo video for the Vector sequencer from Five12 and some work that I did for a client.

I fed some modular sounds and guitar to the inputs. It's a lot of fun to use it as a granular delay. It's also cool to send CV to the expression input. I've also loaded it with a ton of samples and some custom wavetables I've been working on. I've made about 50 patches so far (nothing worth sharing). It's a very inspiring synth to work with.

justin3am wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:10 pm Yes, I've used the Quantum in a song I put out earlier in the year, two songs which I'm working on, a demo video for the Vector sequencer from Five12 and some work that I did for a client.

I fed some modular sounds and guitar to the inputs. It's a lot of fun to use it as a granular delay. It's also cool to send CV to the expression input. I've also loaded it with a ton of samples and some custom wavetables I've been working on. I've made about 50 patches so far (nothing worth sharing). It's a very inspiring synth to work with.

Great... I got the Tanzbar 2 the other day and I'm sampling Quantum.. Stabs & Bass shots and been loading them up to the drum machine and they sound fab. It has parameter locks so you can have different samples per step woohoo.. the 2 kick drums sound FAT.. I'm in need of a new mixer now I was thinking the Mackie 1604vlz4 and some pedals.

Rob

I got a new bass guitar ...

tcc_thunderbird_01.jpg
tcc_thunderbird_02.jpg
tcc_thunderbird_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tcc_thunderbird_04.jpg
tcc_thunderbird_05.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”