FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

If you really want to oppose the architecture of per-voice LFOs you can emulate a free-running LFO by randomizing the LFO init phase. But it sounds like you want a free-running anchored LFO which is what the global modulators are for. This idea of a "global LFO" is pretty old and common in many synths (take a look at Reason's Thor and the global LFO2 next to the global envelope, as opposed to the per-voice LFO1).

Free running LFO:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:06 am
bite_me wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:02 am How do I make Lfo´s free running - not triggered by anything - Dubstyle ya know? :) :?:

Use a global LFO, located at the lower right of the interface.
The average bored guy

This really is a great and powerful synth. It would be even better if it actually looked like a synth and not like the settings screen of my DAW. Melda really needs to hire a GUI designer.

It may actually be one of the most powerful synths ever made, but yeh, its not exactly pretty or intuitive. Its still beta however, and ridiculously cheap, so I have no real complaints.....I think (in no particular order)

Naming Convention needs workong on, its not obvius what things are or how they relate to each other- we have terms that I was not familiar with before that may be unique to Melada

The actul 'synth' part is pretty well hidden away, I was stuck when I firt tried it on the relationship between the opening page (instrument?) and, the presets for that page, the presets at the top (synth?)and having to press edit to actulay get to the 'synth' (and if I was editing the instrument or a new synth etc.)

Took me a few videos to work out multi-controls (or whatever they are called) and how they programed the first page to make an instrument etc....where 'arp' 'step sequencers' and midi control was hidden...it's all a lot to take in whe you just wasnt to give it a quick demo.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:02 pm It may actually be one of the most powerful synths ever made, but yeh, its not exactly pretty or intuitive. Its still beta however, and ridiculously cheap, so I have no real complaints.....I think (in no particular order)

Naming Convention needs workong on, its not obvius what things are or how they relate to each other- we have terms that I was not familiar with before that may be unique to Melada

The actul 'synth' part is pretty well hidden away, I was stuck when I firt tried it on the relationship between the opening page (instrument?) and, the presets for that page, the presets at the top (synth?)and having to press edit to actulay get to the 'synth' (and if I was editing the instrument or a new synth etc.)

Took me a few videos to work out multi-controls (or whatever they are called) and how they programed the first page to make an instrument etc....where 'arp' 'step sequencers' and midi control was hidden...it's all a lot to take in whe you just wasnt to give it a quick demo.
I couldn't find arp / step seq'ers mind to share the location ?

I'm not new the synth, but its on the last tab/bit on the far right at the bottom (tiny button says 'ARP')
Step sequencers are all over the place in LFOs and even oscillators!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:21 pm I'm not new the synth, but its on the last tab/bit on the far right at the bottom (tiny button says 'ARP')
Step sequencers are all over the place in LFOs and even oscillators!
Thanks SLiC, I found the arp button. I was wondering why Mpowersynth has such feature but MSF doesn't. Sorted!

Reefius wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:59 am This really is a great and powerful synth. It would be even better if it actually looked like a synth and not like the settings screen of my DAW. Melda really needs to hire a GUI designer.
I'm not sure how they could do that given it's not really "a synth" so much as it's a synth creation environment.

There are some ready made synth presets with easy GUIs, or you can roll your own synth with an easy GUI if you want/need it.

Nobody complains that reaktor or m4l don't look like synths - yet melda catch a ton of flak for not banging this square peg into a round hole.

When does the intro price end?

What is the upgrade price from MPowerSynth?

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm What is the upgrade price from MPowerSynth?
Login to your account and it will tell you.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 pm
bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm What is the upgrade price from MPowerSynth?
Login to your account and it will tell you.
I don't have MPowerSynth yet, but am considering purchasing it.

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm I don't have MPowerSynth yet, but am considering purchasing it.
I'd say get MSoundFactory.

mevla wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm
bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm I don't have MPowerSynth yet, but am considering purchasing it.
I am trying to determine, though, if it would be less expensive to buy MPowerSynth second hand, and then upgrade to MSoundFactory. Thus, I am trying to figure out the upgrade price.

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm
mevla wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm
I am trying to determine, though, if it would be less expensive to buy MPowerSynth second hand, and then upgrade to MSoundFactory. Thus, I am trying to figure out the upgrade price.
This may help- 20% off the already cheap 99E! (I also get credits if you use the voucher- win win!)

Referral coupon

MELDA5387469 - Any new customer who uses your code during checkout gets a 20 % discount

Return to “Instruments”