Nice free convolution reverb !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Turello wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 pm @Impulse Record: would be appreciated if you can do a non-installer version with all in one folder, i.e.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins\Impulse Record"...
Thanks in advance

:help:
+1
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Bug Music wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 am
Giova942 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:01 am I would really love the option to install the IR library on a different location/partition.
"Symbolic links" are your friend ! :)
Do a Google search on how to create them for your particular OS.

I have moved this IR library, as well as most of my other sample libraries and plugin content to my secondary internal ssd, using symbolic links.
Even the most finicky plugins, and DAW sample content content all work flawlessly (for me anyway) using this method.

SymLinks work like an alias but they are a lot more robust, the downside is you cant move the originals around once you've created a symlink to it.

As long as the target of the symlink is not going to be moved around, it is the perfect solution for putting sample libraries in a secondary fixed location where they are going to stay put.

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay
Agreed on all points!

If you're on Mac OS, SymbolicLinker is a really neat and simple app (and it's free, too) that adds a Service to your system. After installing, following the instructions, all you have to do is right-click on the object that you want a symlink of, go to Services in the drop-down and select Make Symbolic Link. That's it!

The symlink will appear right next to your object, with the suffix 'symlink' that you'll want to delete once your symlink is in its desired position. And you don't even have to mess around with Terminal.;-)

SymbolicLink works fine on my Mojave 10.14.4.

https://github.com/nickzman/symboliclinker/releases

/Joachim
Last edited by Spitfire31 on Sat May 11, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Bug Music wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 am
Giova942 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:01 am I would really love the option to install the IR library on a different location/partition.
"Symbolic links" are your friend ! :)
Do a Google search on how to create them for your particular OS.

I have moved this IR library, as well as most of my other sample libraries and plugin content to my secondary internal ssd, using symbolic links.
Even the most finicky plugins, and DAW sample content content all work flawlessly (for me anyway) using this method.

SymLinks work like an alias but they are a lot more robust, the downside is you cant move the originals around once you've created a symlink to it.

As long as the target of the symlink is not going to be moved around, it is the perfect solution for putting sample libraries in a secondary fixed location where they are going to stay put.

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay
Beautiful, it worked. :tu:

Giova, Glad that worked for you !

Spitfire, I'm on Mac too and SymbolicLinker is exactly what I use, it's really a slick little tool !
I'm not sure if there are any tools available for Windows that automate the process as easily as SymbolicLinker does.

The only music software that I've had trouble with, not respecting symlinks in the past was Cubase's installers.
But it seems like ever since version 10 of Cubase, the installers now recognize them as valid links when doing updates.

SymLinks are a neat trick that more folks should be aware of IMHO.
Always happy to help spread the word. :)

- Jay

Just stumbled across this thread. Great freebie! No problems here besides some cpu spikes here and there.

There is Link Shell Extension for Windows

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html

pottering wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:28 pm There is Link Shell Extension for Windows

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html
Nice !
Thanks !

- Jay

Thanks for adding my request to save the default browser location in the latest version! Works great. ;)

Wyrrdbryyngr wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 pmin the latest version!
How did you get notified a bout new versions ? Is there a newsletter, or an integrated update checker in the plugin ?

I wasn't sure about how to get news of updates either.
Although I just checked their website to see if there was a news section, and I noticed that there is now a manual posted for Convology.
https://impulserecord.com/wp-content/up ... Manual.pdf

Nice !
It would be great to have some way of checking for updates though.

- Jay

Can you people use the Samplicity's Bricasti IRs in this plugin? I can't.

heavymetalmixer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:46 pm Can you people use the Samplicity's Bricasti IRs in this plugin? I can't.
Yes, I have the true stereo Samplicity Bricasti quad files working in the latest version 1.16

goldglob wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:24 am
heavymetalmixer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:46 pm Can you people use the Samplicity's Bricasti IRs in this plugin? I can't.
Yes, I have the true stereo Samplicity Bricasti quad files working in the latest version 1.16
But what about the Stereo ones?

heavymetalmixer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:26 am
Yes, stereo ones working.
Just checking you know that for the non quad files: The one you want for normal stereo is the M-to-S file (Mono source to Stereo). The L and R files you see there are for loading into a true stereo engine that doesn't read quad files....the L is actually a stereo file...the R is actually a stereo file...the two stereo files amount to the same thing as a quad file.

And note that when you load a file from 'File Browser' the preset name up the top doesn't change (but you should see the name of the loaded file beneath that preset field).

goldglob wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 am
heavymetalmixer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:26 am
Yes, stereo ones working.
Just checking you know that for the non quad files: The one you want for normal stereo is the M-to-S file (Mono source to Stereo). The L and R files you see there are for loading into a true stereo engine that doesn't read quad files....the L is actually a stereo file...the R is actually a stereo file...the two stereo files amount to the same thing as a quad file.

And note that when you load a file from 'File Browser' the preset name up the top doesn't change (but you should see the name of the loaded file beneath that preset field).
Not even the M-to-S files load, I know because the waveform doesn't change, and the bottom name doesn't either.

Return to “Effects”