Let's talk reaktor 6.4

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor Reaktor Player

simmo75 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 pm Does anyone own both the unfiltered Audio EuroReakt and the Toybox Bundle, which is the better value, if you could only buy one, which one would you buy?
I can only afford one...
Thanks in advance.
both have there merits, both are great. both have great utilities. and modulators, etc.
toybox is perhaps more accessible, in making different kind of modular systems, but for experts there is also enough. it has samplers and a wavetable module, or even 2?

euroreakt you can use in ensemble mode, or the build mode, it is still available as a user library, but as an ensemble.

look at the modules they give, decide on what modules you like most.

i opted for toybox, because i have already more soft modulars, even one with some hetrick modules. and euro reakt is still there on my hardr drive, with 2 other great user block placks. and i do mind patching in build mode.

in the end i will buy the euroreakt rack blocks, once my budget is under control again...

you can't go wrong, in both you can play endlessly. but look at the sites, the modules included, and you get an impression what they can.

WasteLand wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am
simmo75 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 pm Does anyone own both the unfiltered Audio EuroReakt and the Toybox Bundle, which is the better value, if you could only buy one, which one would you buy?
I can only afford one...
Thanks in advance.
both have there merits, both are great. both have great utilities. and modulators, etc.
toybox is perhaps more accessible, in making different kind of modular systems, but for experts there is also enough. it has samplers and a wavetable module, or even 2?

euroreakt you can use in ensemble mode, or the build mode, it is still available as a user library, but as an ensemble.

look at the modules they give, decide on what modules you like most.

i opted for toybox, because i have already more soft modulars, even one with some hetrick modules. and euro reakt is still there on my hardr drive, with 2 other great user block placks. and i do mind patching in build mode.

in the end i will buy the euroreakt rack blocks, once my budget is under control again...

you can't go wrong, in both you can play endlessly. but look at the sites, the modules included, and you get an impression what they can.
Thank you, very helpful.

I can only afford one...
Thanks in advance.
I don't know if you took the plunge yet, but I now have both. I have been using VCV almost exclusively for the last year and a half but fancied having another go with Reaktor now that front patching is in place and picked up both whilst they are on sale.

They are both superb works of art, design and functionality and it would be hard to choose between them. I have been particularly impressed with the patches that have been shipped with them to show them off.

I would say that, in the broadest possible terms, Toybox leans slighty to the East and Euro Reakt to the West. You can see that in the patches that ship with them, Toybox leans towards plugging your keyboard in (I run Reaktor standalone) whereas most of Euro Reakt's patches are generative.

If I had to choose one then it would be Euro Reakt because I tend towards the generative myself, even though some of it duplicates modules I have on other platforms.

I think you should think about what you want to do with them.

lnikj wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:11 pm
I can only afford one...
Thanks in advance.
I don't know if you took the plunge yet, but I now have both. I have been using VCV almost exclusively for the last year and a half but fancied having another go with Reaktor now that front patching is in place and picked up both whilst they are on sale.

They are both superb works of art, design and functionality and it would be hard to choose between them. I have been particularly impressed with the patches that have been shipped with them to show them off.

I would say that, in the broadest possible terms, Toybox leans slighty to the East and Euro Reakt to the West. You can see that in the patches that ship with them, Toybox leans towards plugging your keyboard in (I run Reaktor standalone) whereas most of Euro Reakt's patches are generative.

If I had to choose one then it would be Euro Reakt because I tend towards the generative myself, even though some of it duplicates modules I have on other platforms.

I think you should think about what you want to do with them.
yes, that is difference i forgot to mention; euro reakt west coast based, you can see in the paper, the phd paper, or how is it called in english, dissertation?
toybox is more east coast.
i like both, i little more west coast, but i do that within another soft-modular environment, although reaktor base/primes, gives you already west coast...

i bought, i couldn't resist also unfiltered audio euro reakt, that is essentially made by michael hetrick, thelizard here.., with some recycling of blocks or core stuff. but it is his "vision".
so i do own all toybox packs (and there will be new ones, if they are interesting..) and UA euro reakt.
if you own the full reaktor, i do. with those packs, and primes/base, yoy have a very powerfull, and very versatile soft-modular. and you can modify modules... if they aren't closed.. or build your own..

so i took the plunge also with UA; to speak @lnikj....

i don't regret it... 300 modules, i guess, of suberb quality. as lnikj formulates it quite well:

They are both superb works of art, design and functionality and it would be hard to choose between them
i examine all the racks patches, made i few already myself, small ones, that create immense sounds...

i noticed one behavior, with the hetrick patches, i see midi note on flashing, on some patches, only two, not all have midi note in.. one i understand, it is with a logical utility.
i have press a key, midi note on flashes, no sound, i press, again, sound.
strange.
a added a scope, connected to the midi in utility; the gate gives a different value, according to how hard yoy strike a key.
a gate does not work that way? it can, of course, but a gate is +5 voltage (in modular world), in reaktor world the values are -1 to 1 (i believe). but a gate is a gate. or am i wrong, i shall try VM, has a scope, softube modular (i have it too, with all the modules, except heartbeat..) does not, but there is a way to see how much voltage a gate creates, i think, or see. that is beside the point here.

the midi in utility, doesn't have trigger. which can be usefull, but perhaps i am transposing now how other soft-modular works onto reaktor...

i am not an expert, do not own hardware modules/modular stuff, nor synths or samplers. completely ITB (except vocals, and guitar).

i am intermediate, it seems to be called.

EDIT: about a gate, yes a gate can be several levels, but it is on (for a time) at a certain level, there is a threshold level. but still a gate is gate and with manipulation you can make anything a gate signal, or use logical modules, so perhaps a gate is not always a gate, but in this instance it is strange that the gate signal represents also the velocity.

EDIT 2: VM has a scope too, the gate is +5 or 0, nothing in between. just another behavior i guess. i wonder why.

the velocity output stays at its last level in reaktor, not strange i think...

EURO REAKT made me playing around the whole afternoon ...
Really inspiring stuff!

Sound designer CinningBao getting cuddly with some FMed supersaws!

https://youtu.be/12Fw1r-fNc0

David@TOYBOX wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:21 pm Sound designer CinningBao getting cuddly with some FMed supersaws!

https://youtu.be/12Fw1r-fNc0
TOYBOX will be played tomorrow! :phones:

Sound designer CinningBao demonstrating how to build a basic synth and then use the ‘Macro Preset’ block to create a set of preset sounds to morph between:

https://youtu.be/t7PgxZlQjQk

CinningBao getting robotic with the TOYBOX Analog Vocoder block :)

https://youtu.be/07sFW9ytXok

Just a thought , but what about recording the wet output only ? :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

i could look up toybox bundle but i dont wanna right now. maybe later.

it sounds like a bound child stowed in a toy chest type of idea, which makes me wonder, since english is so easy to understand, why would you do that? since it slides beneath the surface, i guess, for most people? i'll expose it, and i guess, weaponize the title of the software package, by making it a real concept in peoples minds. you see now, it's not generally a public statement, this one, its generally something you say to spook your friend who got into making music recently. the damage, unquantifiable, truly.

Here's a script for Logic users to control plugins using the Reaktor MIDI-AU plugin -->

Code: Select all

// Transforms incoming MIDI Messages

function HandleMIDI(event) {
      midichannel = GetParameter("Channel");
      ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 1");
      sendeventsthru = GetParameter("Thru");
      eventccnumber = event.number;
      eventvalue = event.value;
      inputchannel = event.channel;

if (inputchannel == midichannel){

if(event instanceof ControlChange && eventccnumber==ccnumber) {

var newEvent = new TargetEvent();               //create new Target Event
        newEvent.target = "Target 1";                 //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
        newEvent.value = eventvalue/128;              //set the event value
        newEvent.send();                              //send the event

}
        else{

ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 2");

var newEvent = new TargetEvent();                //create new Target Event
        newEvent.target = "Target 2";                  //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
        newEvent.value = eventvalue/128;               //set the event value
        newEvent.send();                               //send the event

}
            else{

ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 3");

newEvent.target = "Target 3";                  //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
      }
            else{

ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 4");

newEvent.target = "Target 4";                  //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
      }
            else{
        event.send();
        }
        }
        }
        }
    if (sendeventsthru){
    event.send();
    }
    }
    else event.send();  
}

var PluginParameters =
[
{name:"Target 1", type:"target"},
{name:"Target 2", type:"target"},
{name:"Target 3", type:"target"},
{name:"Target 4", type:"target"},
{name:"Input CC Number 1", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Input CC Number 2", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Input CC Number 3", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Input CC Number 4", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Channel", type:"lin", minValue:1, maxValue:16, numberOfSteps:15, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Thru", type:"checkbox", defaultValue:0}
];
Like this (just copy and paste the script into Logic's Scripter MIDI plugin):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There isn't a workaround or hack to use vsts inside reaktor 6.3, right? Using the midi out to control synth in a daw doesn't help because you can only control one vst and it's not easy with controlling parameters. And this hack doesn't work for vst FX, so no it's not a solution.

That's the main reason I'm looking at vcv and voltage at the moment.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”