DS404 Multi-timbrality

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is DS404 multi-timbral in all hosts or just CMuzys?

Thanks.

Good question! I still have not figured how this VSTi can be used MT in either Sonar or FLS.

DS404 is multi-timbral in *any* host that supports sending multiple MIDI channels to a single plugin's MIDI input. That includes Sonar, but in FLS you'll have to muck about with MIDI out devices just the same as you would with any other multi-timbral plugin.

I explained this just recently for someone on the CM forum:
http://forum.midiaddict.com/viewtopic.php?t=47887

...and don't forget the multi-timbral tutorial at:
http://www.computermusic.co.uk/tutorial/multi404.asp

Regards
Dave

Thanks Dave.

I need to slave over this a bit. "cause I still can't get to go in Sonar 3.1.1. I use SampleTank 2 and Kontakt 1.53 MT routing all the time with ease. DS404 is very different I guess.

Best,
Gordon

You can access DS404's multitimbral capabilities in Sonar in exactly the same way as you would SampleTank's. What you do in Sonar is not different at all.

What you do in setting DS404's multi's is probably more relevent. Take a look at the tutorial I mentioned.

Regards
Dave

What you do in setting DS404's multi's is probably more relevent. Take a look at the tutorial I mentioned.
Thanks Dave,

My problem exactly. I get completely turned around when I try to load patches or even worse try load wav. I do it so rarely that I can never remember the sequence of tasks. I'll have to read the tutorial again I guess.

Best,
Gordon

I don't have any DS404 patches handy but I just tried to set up some wave samples to test MT in Sonar got lost. OKI was able to map a wave file into channel 1 and save it. When I than dialed up channel 2 and loaded/mapped another wav I found that the first channel no longer produced sound even though I can still see the loop in edit view and it reamined mapped to the same keys. Very strange.

I am clearly missing something. I have seen an article or two on this in my collection of CM's. I am hoping that there may be an easier to follow set of instructions available on line.

Thanks,
Gordon

Beardedone wrote:I don't have any DS404 patches handy
Go to CM's site computermusic.co.uk.
There are tons of free DS404 patches there for downloading, just head to the CMStudio section, click on the DS404 image and you'll see a link for presets there.

Thanks I have them on my main DAW at home. I have re-registered at Muon too so I can download then as soon as I get my pw. I am at work now and wanted to fuss with this now when I have a few spare minutes.

Return to “Muon Software”