Kind attention - Stargardtian | RESOLVED - Thanks all for the help!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stargardtian bought Komplete 11 Update from me yesterday (that too after a lot of bargaining). I happily reduced the price beyond my already low asking price. After payment, I immediately delivered the serial, which he successfully registered in NA.

Now the not so funny thing. I clearly mentioned it to be "Komplete 11 Update" (you all would have seen), but because this guy did not see or did not know what it is, asked me where are the 10 Expansions. I said it is Komplete 11 Update, which does not come with Expansions and the Expansions were only added in K12. He asked for a refund if possible, but since it was already registered by him, I said I unfortunately cannot do it. We are talking of $34 here by the way. He also accepted that is OK.

This guy has now opened a PayPal case now and is asking for a refund saying item not as described. Really? The item was perfectly described and there was no confusion. In fact while sending the serial also I mentioned "Komplete 11 Update" before the serial.

Because of his ignorance, why do I have to bear this? Isn't this ridiculous? He accepted in PM that it was his mistake and now he is asking for a refund after agreeing to move on?

Can anyone please suggest what should I do?

EDIT: I forgot to mention (realized a bit late actually) that the chargeback actually happened because the buyer was seeing some products as demo and thought it is a demo license, which was clearly not the case and it is not even possible - there are no Komplete demo licenses. I initially thought it was mainly because he might have expected K12 Update, but that was only a small part of the main problem of demo products. This indicates the buyer might not have had prior version of Komplete in his account or some activation problem at NI site (I have seen a few people mentioning this at NI forums). Sorry for any confusion from my side. But the problem remains. Buyer could have approached me with "proper details and communication" of the problem before taking it through PayPal, which he did not.

EDIT 2: In the end, the conclusion was pretty straightforward. Stargardtian returned my license back and I refunded his money back. Case closed. Thanks!
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Stargardtian, if you are facing any problems, we could resolve it in PMs. I would be happy to help you and even include NI support in the matter. But I am not happy with the way you have gone about this, so unfortunately, I had to post this topic.

If you want to get it resolved without much fuss, just let me know. I will delete this topic and let everyone know that we have resolved it and that you are good.

My PayPal is showing negative balance and is asking me to add funds. What the heck does it mean?

Any help?

Very shity Situation but first of all you should write the PayPal Support and clear that Situation. Attach your PMs, the Forum Post, where you offered your item. And if that all won´t work just be as ignorant as this guy is: do not add any funds to your PayPal account, even if PayPal should close your account you can open an other one with a differnet bank account.

Sometimes you have to be the bad guy if others force you to. At least it´s what i wolud do.

Maybe he made a genuine mistake but unless he can return the serial to you, then you loose everything (including some standing with PayPal). He gets to damage your reputation, keep the product, and be refunded. I assume there are PayPal fees to consider too.

Present your case to PayPal in fact based detail (no emotional rants). He got what he paid for.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have sent a message here and on PayPal to the buyer requesting to reverse the claim. Is it possible for the buyer to do it and then everything be normal including reversal of my negative PayPal balance? Because that would be the simplest way to close this matter.

I don't want to rush, and have asked him to respond today. Otherwise, as suggested, I will have to escalate to PayPal. I have all the proofs with me, so I am not worried about that.

It can be tricky with intangible goods as PayPal tend to rely on proof of physical postage.
Ask the buyer to transfer the license back to you maybe, assuming you have an account that can accept it!
Good luck with this.

If the buyer choose to resolve the dispute, everything will be normal. Paypal will proceed the funds to your account and your negative balance should be restored. All it takes is a click of a button on the dispute page.

If he don't want to do it, I think the best procedure would be to ask him to return the serial and refund him. He can't transfer it using the automated system because it's newly transferred, but if he contacts NI support, it can be done manually. You'll still have the negative balance if you've used the fund he sent you for something else, but you can then re-sell the serial to a new buyer.

shidostrife wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:40 am If the buyer choose to resolve the dispute, everything will be normal. Paypal will proceed the funds to your account and your negative balance should be restored. All it takes is a click of a button on the dispute page.

If he don't want to do it, I think the best procedure would be to ask him to return the serial and refund him. He can't transfer it using the automated system because it's newly transferred, but if he contacts NI support, it can be done manually. You'll still have the negative balance if you've used the fund he sent you for something else, but you can then re-sell the serial to a new buyer.
Thanks, that was helpful. This is exactly what I have proposed to the buyer. I would expect the buyer to do the first thing you have mentioned (especially because NI needs to remove serial manually and it will take a while), but I am happy to go through the second option if required.

I am not here to create with disputes with anyone and would like it resolve without any escalation. Hope the buyer shows a good understanding. But I seriously did not want to see this happen, it is literally a wastage of time for me as I did everything correctly.

I will keep everyone updated.

Just for the record - I bought some stuff recently from LoveEnigma18 - no problems whatsoever

I would ask the user to transfer the license back to you, if they don't do this and receive a refund they're practically scamming you.

I'm sure you can sell K11 for much more than you did, so maybe this will end up being a good thing if you get the license back.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

You also might consider modifying the topic title to something softer than "Beware of...."
He/she might be more inclined to read it and further discuss with you a possible resolution.

want me to rub him out?

0degree wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:49 am Just for the record - I bought some stuff recently from LoveEnigma18 - no problems whatsoever
Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Kongru wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:15 am I would ask the user to transfer the license back to you, if they don't do this and receive a refund they're practically scamming you.

I'm sure you can sell K11 for much more than you did, so maybe this will end up being a good thing if you get the license back.
Yes, that's right. I have requested him to do that, otherwise I am happy if he keeps the license and I keep whatever I got. I don't want PayPal to show any negative charges and want the buyer to reverse the claim.

Return to “Site Stuff”