How to delete/deactivate account?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hahaha, I think they could get in trouble though no, for not offering that, in certain countries now?

The option of deleting accounts of other KVR guys as well should be seriously discussed.
There are upside opportunities!

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:22 pm I'd like to be able to delete my account too, you can do it on most other forums these days.
you've been here for sixteen years so you know the drill - Op to change the password and then type nonsense with your eyes closed.

See ya :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:40 pm
you've been here for sixteen years so you know the drill -......type nonsense with your eyes closed.

Easy as :tu:
ftfy :wink:
Welcome to the family....

:hihi:

You always say that, but that's not deleting your account, that's making it difficult for you to login again! You could always click the "I forgot my password" link then again too. This is absolutely not what I am getting at, at all, you are totally missing my point.

I didn't say I wanted to delete my account, I said I wanted the OPTION to. I think we we should have control over our own data, and in many countries now, not allowing that is breaking the law.

OP never got deactivated. Good luck... :P

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:19 pm Hahaha, I think they could get in trouble though no, for not offering that, in certain countries now?
i think it depends where theyre based, not where the user is.

when you say control of your data, what data exactly have you given to kvr?
other than an email address?

its not like social media sites where you tell them everything from age and gender to what you had for breakfast and how many dumps you've had today...

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm i think it depends where theyre based, not where the user is.
I would think the same. Although it shows the whole problem. They make rules regarding data privacy here, and, where should those rules be aplied on the internet? I already saw US news websites, which obviously need to comply to EU rules of data privacy, when i visit them as a EU citizen. Nuts.

Anyway, i see absolutely zero harm from abandoned accounts. No idea why someone would want to delete, or deactivate account. There's no compelling reason for it.

I can think of loads!

It's your decision, of course. But, what would be reasons for you to do so? :)

Perhaps he‘s regretting some posts and wants to clean up his digital footprint in anticipating to become the next French prime minister?
Last edited by martinjuenke on Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

You got it in one! :)

Although I'm not sure an English dude who doesn't speak any French would be very successful in that endeavour... :D

Well, there was an Austrian actor speaking badly english became the king of california...
Btw. If you insult the mods you get banned for life time. Has sort of the effect of deleting the account. On the other hand, there is no way that the internet will forget anyway and you should think twice before posting on a public forum... (not sure if I did that while hitting send)

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:54 pm I can think of loads!
all sorts of useful user-names being tied up ...
:lol: :x :lol:

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:53 am You got it in one! :)

Although I'm not sure an English dude who doesn't speak any French would be very successful in that endeavour... :D
wheres your british resolve?
just shrug at the end of every sentence, no one will notice youre not speaking french...

Return to “Site Stuff”