Your opinion on the best Compressor (Klanghelm DC8C, Pro-C, Ozone8, H-Comp) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's no such thing as a a best gal for any genre. Why do so many noobs today believe that myth? :dog: And not there's no such thing as any best gal or any other plugin. It's all about which one you like the best to use.

:dog:

my opinion on the best compressor for edm?

if there was one, my opinion would be "its the best compressor for edm".

martinjuenke wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:49 pm There's no such thing as a a best gal for any genre. Why do so many noobs today believe that myth? :dog: And not there's no such thing as any best gal or any other plugin. It's all about which one you like the best to use.
:dog:
ok, ok, I had all this abuse for 3 pages, even after I said this on the first page, I admitted I worded the title wrongly...
"
MasterTuner wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:57 pm thanks...
maybe my sin is asking, "what is the best ..." when it should have been "what is your favorite and why..."
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

I wasn't abusing you. Unfiltered Audio Zip is seriously awesome for EDM because of the modulation options.
Every parameter can be controlled with LFO's, step sequence, sample and hold, etc.
There's very nice saturation or bitcrushing, nice filters, auto-treshold which is fantastic if you have heavily modulated sounds with a lot of dynamic range, auto-gain that works.

It's really the best compressor for EDM I can think of.
The best one for a beginner tooo because it's easy to set up, extremely versatile with great visual feedback. Not too many options to get lost in, like mid/side, channel linking etc. It just works. It's also damn affordable if you catch it on sale. I got mine for 29 dollar iirc.

I'm a big Unfiltered Audio fan but Zip is the only one of theirs i'm lukewarm on. I used it as my only compressor for some months but it always sounded slightly nervous and grabby and i never found much place for the modulation options or the audio analysis part either. I'd also love an input fader to drive it harder (similar to Track Comp).

Nervous and grabby it definitely can be, but sometimes that's a good thing. Also why I wouldn't use it as my only compressor! Technically it could though.

I love the modulation for drum and sound design. But it definitely has subtler applications in mixing as well.
It's handy for sidechaining effects obviously. But add some saturation to just the transients, or bitcrush the tails for a transient shaper (like) effect. Add some tiny variations in the attack and release on a clap or snare sample to make it sound less looped. Once you get in the mindframe of using it, you'll find more and more uses for it.

Yes

The one that gives your audience the best possible aural experience and satisfies your own creative process.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

DC8C3 and Density.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

DC8C and any Fairchild emulation. Also LA2A are naked but sound good. Anyone make a more tweakable LA2A? I have TRacks Max. Has some good stuff in that. Some just OK stuff too.

Easy;
MJUC or Supercharger GT on tracks
Satson CS or any NY compressor on a Bus

Sometimes you need a special flavour but by then you will know it.

DC8C3 is a highly capable compressor, and it will hold its own against others that are pricier, imho.

Interesting that this thread has been going on for a while now without a single mention of Boz' Manic Compressor - which feature-wise actually isn't that far away from Pro-C b.t.w., sounds fabulous and almost uses no CPU at all...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Loud, Dirty,

T-Racks5 - Opto Comp, Black76, Classic Comp.
Voxengo Marquis Comp
Hornet Magnus MK2
PSP OldTimer, MixPressor2.
McDSP 6034
Arturia VCA-65
u-he PressWerk
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

:lol:
jens wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:12 pm Interesting that this thread has been going on for a while now without a single mention of Boz' Manic Compressor - which feature-wise actually isn't that far away from Pro-C b.t.w., sounds fabulous and almost uses no CPU at all...
This is the one i was gonna come and mention. Honestly i never bothered to check it out until it went on sale for $30 because i thought the name was stupid (dumb reason i know. But with so many compressors...)

It sounds fantastic and gives you lots of control with an intutive, speedy interface and several different compressor models

Shout out to presswerk too. I feel like it never gets the respect it deserves from audio communities. The vocal comp, drum comp and limiter "modes" are excellent for getting quick results that sound great

Return to “Effects”