Eventide H3000 Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bet the next offer will be the H3000 Band Delay...

I hope they continue to brush up some of the older plugins - so far I haven't found the H3000 factory particularly useful - I try it and I'm not really knocked out and when I need FX when I'm working on tracks some how the H3000 Factory FX never gets used. I guess that's mainly because I'm not really a fan of software modulation FX with a few exceptions. They don't sound that great on the H9 either.

Never really clicked so far with Ultrareverb either.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:33 pm I hope they continue to brush up some of the older plugins - so far I haven't found the H3000 factory particularly useful - I try it and I'm not really knocked out and when I need FX when I'm working on tracks some how the H3000 Factory FX never gets used. I guess that's mainly because I'm not really a fan of software modulation FX with a few exceptions. They don't sound that great on the H9 either.

Never really clicked so far with Ultrareverb either.
What I like about the H3000 is it has that classic Eventide sound that nothing else has.
It may not be as flexible as some of the newer stuff but it does have a sound that was used on countless classic recordings.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

If it fits for your musical stuff it’s quite good. Better than other crazy hyper-modern designer effects which are notoriously unmusical...

Back in the day the hardware was the envy of many a world-class recording studio and expensive....
Great for that retro sound.

It’s all right. To be honest, I tried it before and I really wasn’t blown away by it. If I didn’t have plugins like MXXX and I was in the market, maybe I’d feel differently but It just doesn’t seem that compelling to me. I’d rather save up and buy Unfiltered Audio’s BYOME.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

So, I heard some really nice demos of H3000 Factory that are making me question my previous stance.

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... 00-factory

But, I must have demoed it a long time ago, as I’m unable to initiate another demo with iLok. So stupid. So, I have a question that someone might be able to answer. What’s the automation and MIDI control like? I’m hoping it’s something I can control within Bitwig with external MIDI controllers, specifically a Maschine and a Touché.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yeah I hate single demo ilok

Hate speech reported.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:43 pm Hate speech reported.
It's allowed, coz anti iLok. Only pro iLok hate speeches are disallowed.

my bad. :oops:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Maybe right the wrongs of the past by actually helping and answering my questions? :oops:
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:03 pm Maybe right the wrongs of the past by actually helping and answering my questions? :oops:
(...What’s the automation and MIDI control like?)
Drop down menus per/Preset Parameters (e.g.Delay Time, Filter Cutoff Freq, etc.).

There's 10 Midi pre determined CCs available as sources.
E.g. Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Midi Volume...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nordickvr on Sun May 26, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

At 75% off this weekend at Plugin Boutique, it is tempting but personally I am going to pass mostly because I find I only have one use case and i can get an effect that sounds comparable or better elsewhere.

I think users of the original hardware might be pleased at the flexibility. It is cool to have all the modulation possibilities of the H3000 rack unit.

Program 521 (micro pitch slap) is very useful for thickening and by proxy widening vocal tracks. But I can get this effect with either the CLA effects plugin or CLA vocals. Also Boz Lab has a pretty cool delay plugin that has its own unique spin on this effect.

Would be curious to know how others like this plug for pitch shifting vs the microshift plugin as I don't have any experience with that one.

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:42 am So, I heard some really nice demos of H3000 Factory that are making me question my previous stance.

But, I must have demoed it a long time ago, as I’m unable to initiate another demo with iLok.
I was a bit under-impressed with demoing the H3000 years back. Whenever it came back on sale, I wanted to try it again so contacted Eventide about another demo period, which they quickly granted. They actually did this for me on a couple of their titles over a period of a few years.

Contact support, and I am sure they'd be glad to renew a trial for you. I'd suggest using the soft-ilok option for demos.

Return to “Effects”