DMGAudio updates for all plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

We've been on a crazy mission to fix all bugs. Everything reported and reproducible is fixed (that we know of). There's also an "install everything" installer too, which saves a lot of effort when installing.

Everything is up at https://dmgaudio.com/ and you can grab the installers from https://dmgaudio.com/downloads.php

Loads of new features added too - only catch is that we now require OSX10.7 on mac (Apple have made it really difficult to support 10.5 and 10.6 nowadays).

You can see the list of updates for each product on its page under the History tab.

Hope you enjoy!

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Some tasty updates here! Equilibrium VST3 has got some some weirdness with Ableton Live though, when adding bands (VST2 is fine):

Found and fixed :)

And again... new versions out. :)

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:15 pm And again... new versions out. :)

Dave.
Fantastic, thanks for keeping these 'fresh".

Thanks ! Using this stuff every day ! :)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Thanx ! Also using this stuff every day :)
More BPM please

Nice to see the wonderful COMPassion getting some love - thanks Dave!

Dave.
Is there a read me file about updates?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Dave.
rsp
Click on the Product Page, then the link that says "History." That shows all the release notes.

Thanks FET.
rsp
sound sculptist

By looking at the change logs it looks like there are a lot of customers on old systems (XP, mac 10.8, etc) since that legacy support was put back in. update people! soon DMG will have to depricate support for these old systems in order to move the products forward. were any comprimises made for current OS support/features in order to support these older ones?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:03 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Dave.
rsp
Click on the Product Page, then the link that says "History." That shows all the release notes.
If you're finding this from getting the email, it's worth knowing that it's the last TWO versions that will be of interest :)
I didn't mail out after the first because I'd inadvertently dropped XP support, so we fixed it and a bunch of other bits and rolled out another update :)

Dave.

plexuss wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 pm By looking at the change logs it looks like there are a lot of customers on old systems (XP, mac 10.8, etc) since that legacy support was put back in. update people! soon DMG will have to depricate support for these old systems in order to move the products forward. were any comprimises made for current OS support/features in order to support these older ones?
Hi,

Honest answer, we have ONE XP user that we know of, and no reports of OSX before 10.8. What happened is that we took the opportunity to upgrade to the latest development tools and compilers and in doing so the minimum OSX version rolled up to 10.7 from 10.5 and windows rolled up to anything post XP. Turned out we could keep XP with no extra costs (but still keep all the C++11 loveliness), so that's in this update. I'm also roughly maintaining support for non OpenGL 2.0 (which means OOOOOOLD machines - we're talking ~15yrs). OpenGL2.0 gets us stuff like beautiful resizability, Retina/HiDPI and really fast renders; but honestly if you care about that kind of thing, you're almost certainly using a more recent machine. So, in summary, no compromises made, just a little extra legwork to keep older stuff working. And there, what I really mean is there was a little legwork to keep XP (I actually didn't notice that VC19 dropped support until a user reported it), and really no work at all for OSX.

Dave.

cool! thanks for taking the time to explain. I enjoy knowing a little more about the background of the tools I use, just because it's interesting. thanks!

Return to “Effects”