1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

jinotsuh wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 am The only opinion some people will accept is REAPER is the best, that's fine, it's also fine that I don't agree with that, whatever.
I'm not saying it's the best. The best is what you are used to and gel with. Also horses for courses and all that :D

What I'm saying is that functionality wise reaper is pretty superior (I think that is not in dispute) and if you are used to that deep functionality I can't see you move to something else that pretty much do less for you. So basically if you move away from reaper, that means you are not depending on what reaper has to offer :hihi:

Maybe you can tell what Studio One has that reaper wasn't capable of..... or was it just that reaper was to 'difficult' in some way or another.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Dude, It's really of no concern to me, I was just responding to your statement that seemed to say once someone used REAPER for any length of time they wouldn't ever move on, that's simply not true. As I said earlier, as long as you are happy with what you use, and what you use does everything you need it to do and does it to your satisfaction, then who cares what someone else uses or thinks, it's a non issue. You like REAPER the best, well good for you, I'm happy for you, as it happened I also found something I am happy with after 8 years of using REAPER, and if at sometime in the future I find something I think is better or better suits me, I'll use that, it doesn't make me a DAW hopper lol :D :lol:, I just prefer to use something I think is a better product, and something that suits me better, I don't think changing DAW's once in 12 years entitles anyone to the title of DAW hopper :D :lol:

You seem to expect everyone to agree with your opinions/thoughts, ain't gonna happen, and sorry to burst your bubble, but I think you'll find far more people that disagree with you than agree (perhaps no at KVR or the REAPER forums). Just be happy you can use something that suits you and does what you want how you want, that's all that matters, no need to worry about what others use or think.

(except if it's Cakewalk, then all bets are off) :wink:

I don't expect everyone to use or like Studio One, nor do I care if they don't

So I'll leave you with it, enjoy, and all the best on your journey :tu:

REAPER RULES :tu: :tu: :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

Yeah
Reaper's great.

jinotsuh wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:06 am You seem to expect everyone to agree with your opinions/thoughts, ain't gonna happen
I don't recall asking anyone to agree with me, expecting people to agree with you is a pretty stupid idea when posting on a forum like KVR :dog:

Besides, why discuss something if everyone would agree :hihi:

However, in your replies you manage to steer clear from my point about deep functionality of reaper, which is not opinion but fact :D
crashedthecar wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am Yeah
Reaper's great.
:party: :D :tu:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:24 am
ChamomileShark wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:49 am Perhaps people started with Reaper and moved on?
People who actually START with reaper (work with it for an extended period as opposed to clicking around for a day or two) don't 'move on' :D
Hmmm. Nice confirmation bias anecdote, but needs proof.
Funny that when you look at interviews with audio professionals (as in 'it's my day job' professionals), Reaper pops up more and more as their weapon of choice. I still have to see an interview where someone states he/she has worked with reaper for a long time but now 'moved on' to another daw :P
And yet in studio shots of audio professionals, PT still completely dominates, whether or not the outliers get a little bit more usage.

Dont remember the last time I saw Reaper in a proper 'working shot' of a film/TV/game sound designer or composer.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

crimsonwarlock wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:09 am Funny that, because it is pretty much an accepted fact that reaper is superiour to everything else on the market in regard of its routing capabilities.
No, its not an accepted fact, its an opinion. And the UI for routing is fecking primitive. And its nowhere near superior to Bidule's routing.
It is the most stated reason for choosing reaper among the professionals that use it.
Never seen a professional say that. Have seen a few talk about the configurability. Lack of limits on tracks certainly appealed to some PT users. Soundsnap (a sound effects resource for audio professionals in film/TV/games) reckon the most common reason is 'value'.
Routing? Nah.

But hey, fanboi all you want about what suits you. Just stop with the speaking for others as appeal to authority silly, its pretty tiresome.

If it isn't mr. knowitall himself.....
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:39 am And yet in studio shots of audio professionals, PT still completely dominates, whether or not the outliers get a little bit more usage.
https://www.wizardtonestudios.com/gear - reaper

http://www.stonesouprec.com/gear/ - protools and reaper

https://jeffkaiser.com/why-reaper/ - reaper

https://www.soundspiralaudio.com/studio - reaper and protools

https://www.postelectricstudio.com/gear - protools and reaper

https://islandstationmedialab.com/studio-gear - reaper preferred

https://www.musicolrecording.com/studio ... io-a-gear/ reaper and protools

http://freeenergydevicestudios.com/gear-list/ - protools, harrison, reaper

https://theproaudiofiles.com/mastering-daw/ - reaper, his facility website is here: https://www.mysteryroommastering.com

In many cases studios have a protools rig because it brings in clients (as admitted often in interviews), while listing reaper does not (yet) have that attraction so they must have better (technical) reasons for using reaper me thinks :D

But you are completely right of course (because you always are :roll: ), I must be completely delusional for thinking that professional facilities would choose reaper over anything else. By the way, I didn't see anything else like Cubase, Studio One, Logic or even Nuendo for that matter, besides that one reference of Harris Mixbus.
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:39 am Dont remember the last time I saw Reaper in a proper 'working shot' of a film/TV/game sound designer or composer.
Yeah, because that would be the only validation of 'professional use' :dog:

crimsonwarlock wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:56 pm If it isn't mr. knowitall himself.....
Says the guy making all the knowitall claims in the first place. :lol:

Nice to know there are 9 people using Reaper, though. That sure learned me.
In many cases studios have a protools rig because it brings in clients (as admitted often in interviews), while listing reaper does not (yet) have that attraction so they must have better (technical) reasons for using reaper me thinks :D
Yeah, makes sense. They're all secret Reaper users... :clap:
But you are completely right of course (because you always are :roll: ), I must be completely delusional for thinking that professional facilities would choose reaper over anything else. By the way, I didn't see anything else like Cubase, Studio One, Logic or even Nuendo for that matter, besides that one reference of Harris Mixbus.
Are you trying to pretend I claimed that no professional studios used Reaper?

Or just that your claims of what 'professionals' were doing, and why, was clearly projection of your fanboyism, and inherently suspect.

Hmmm, now I cant remember. Your version sounds so compelling.
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:39 am Dont remember the last time I saw Reaper in a proper 'working shot' of a film/TV/game sound designer or composer.
Yeah, because that would be the only validation of 'professional use' :dog:
No, it'd just be one of the ones people like you miss out on when you start trying to tell the rest of us what 'professionals' are doing.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:17 pm Nice to know there are 9 people using Reaper, though. That sure learned me.
Seriously :dog:

Man, you'd think we were talking about drake in this thread :hihi:

reggie1979 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:29 pm Man, you'd think we were talking about drake in this thread :hihi:

c**t played bowls.

crimsonwarlock wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:27 am Maybe you can tell what Studio One has that reaper wasn't capable of..... or was it just that reaper was to 'difficult' in some way or another.
Coherence, permanence? I tried making a very customized personalized REAPER setup like everyone recommended. Lots of scripts from the community, custom scripts and commands, custom modifiers, etc. I had to reprogram half of it because in the 1-2 years since the community scripts were made REAPER changed a lot of the functions they relied on. At a certain point I asked myself if a custom (now broken) script that ran a well-integrated drum machine and a (constantly breaking) range selection approximation was worth it. Spoiler alert: it wasn’t. I moved to a DAW that had all the stuff I needed, Studio One. All the stuff I could do in REAPER but have no time to do was a small price to pay. Does that just mean REAPER was too hard for me? You decide. But I know I’ve got way too few hours on this earth to reprogram some pseudo-open-platform DAW when I’m writing songs and mixing music that have deadlines and timetables :)

Not trying to hate on REAPER, it’s great for what it is, but I’ve seen some people get stuck in it tinkering around when they should and could be finishing music and furthering their creative work. Probably because it’s free or something I guess, not that REAPER’s to blame for that.

When I need to run some specialized repeatable batch processing on audio or track an impromptu vocal on a computer I found in the trash, that’s when I dust off my REAPER memory stick and it shines :)

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:17 pm Nice to know there are 9 people using Reaper, though. That sure learned me.
Have you ever seen a 'professional' use Nuendo, Cubase, Samplitude, Sequoia... or just anything other than ProTools?

How many 'professionals' do you know/have seen working?

Thanks.

perfumer wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:21 am Have you ever seen a 'professional' use Nuendo, Cubase, Samplitude, Sequoia... or just anything other than ProTools?
Yes.
How many 'professionals' do you know/have seen working?
More than 9.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”