Arpeggiator vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last update was... 2 years ago?

*edit* Cthulhu I mean*

Yeah, shows 2017 in my account ( i just bought it). If it works, it works... :)

Check your rewards section on PB, in mine there's a voucher for 50% off Kirnu Cream, might be useful for anyone considering it

chk071 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:29 am I've been wasting my time i guess. :hihi:

Found a good deal at Plugin Boutique, and will snap the next days. :) Although i found 1 or 2 bugs in the demo yesterday. E.g. the value of the rate parameter only seems to update when you close and open the plugin window again, and, there was a crash too, even though i'm not sure now if that wasn't Studio One's fault.
There are a few weird graphics things going on with the velocity stalks as of the last version, but other than that, it should work perfectly. It has for me since forever. I really love it because it's like the Swiss army knife of pattern building. Xfer Records Nerve is the same thing for drums.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

What I like about Xfer's stuff, also with Serum, is that it's so straight forward. Only need to consult the manual for very few things, like the arp note hold function. Very user friendly. And probably has all the features I'd ever want from a arpeggiator.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:51 pm What I like about Xfer's stuff, also with Serum, is that it's so straight forward. Only need to consult the manual for very few things, like the arp note hold function. Very user friendly. And probably has all the features I'd ever want from a arpeggiator.
Exactly. Believe me when I tell you that I've thoroughly tested every arpeggiator plugin out there, stock, free, paid whatever. Cthulu and Nora are the most reliable, and most versatile arpeggiators I've ever used.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Orbit-50 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm Exactly. Believe me when I tell you that I've thoroughly tested every arpeggiator plugin out there, stock, free, paid whatever. Cthulu and Nora are the most reliable, and most versatile arpeggiators I've ever used.
Did you test ANA2's CMD ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjGE-uMxf3U

Hm.. I've forgot that Nora. It might be exactly what I've been looking for.

Digivolt wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:00 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm Exactly. Believe me when I tell you that I've thoroughly tested every arpeggiator plugin out there, stock, free, paid whatever. Cthulu and Nora are the most reliable, and most versatile arpeggiators I've ever used.
Did you test ANA2's CMD ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjGE-uMxf3U
I should have been more clear with my statement. I meant the best as far as dedicated arpeggiator plugins. Dude, discussing or recommending the built in arpeggiatiors that are built in to VST synths, is way to big of a conversation for me. I will say this, those are are all pretty much great in one way or another. I haven't met one that I thought was crap. Hell, I wish some of those developers would make their built in arpeggiators separate products to be honest. Thanks for the ANA2 reminder though.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm Hm.. I've forgot that Nora. It might be exactly what I've been looking for.
It's really great. It's ability to make arpeggio patterns of any length is it's specialty to me. There are many other features that others would find outstanding, and would greatly improve their workflow.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:29 am I've been wasting my time i guess. :hihi:

Found a good deal at Plugin Boutique, and will snap the next days. :) Although i found 1 or 2 bugs in the demo yesterday. E.g. the value of the rate parameter only seems to update when you close and open the plugin window again, and, there was a crash too, even though i'm not sure now if that wasn't Studio One's fault.
Glad you like Cthulhu :hyper: I know it's not much help, but I can change the rate parameter instantly in my setup with no problems.

I always have it loaded in my default DAW project use Cathulu in following way:- Link it to a VSTi. Start Record in my DAW and record Cthulu's MIDI output whilst creating the arp pattern in Cthulhu. Once I hear something I like, I stop my DAW recording. Go back, cut out the MIDI I want from the Cthulu's MIDI output track that I have just rcorded and then place it on the actual VSTi track (I then disable Cthulu). I can then edit the arp pattern's MIDI notes to taste within my DAW. I find this method gives me so much more scope for experimentation. It is quite easy to setup and use. But rather more difficult to explain the process as this all depends on your DAW. Plenty of video explanation on Youtube though. Good luck :tu:

I do have the HY Plugins' Sequencer Collection but haven't yet got round to using it.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Xfer Records Cthulhu it is then...seems to be well regarded around here. cheapest I can find is 29£ on PB. If anyone is aware of any deals anywhere please give us a heads up ;)

The HY stuff looks interesting, if a little complex. Will come back to those another time as Cthulhu seems a lot more intuitive and useful for my needs.

frank1985 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:06 am Xfer Records Cthulhu it is then...
Great! You won't regret it, and remember, if you ever need help with anything, just give a shout out. Also, as a registered user, you will have access to the official Xfer Records Cthulhu support forum. Steve is a saint, and he's always willing to explain stuff, so that should help you out as well if needed.

Thanks orbit

Return to “Effects”