[DC18] TinyQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TinyQ

If you have any questions, bug reports or suggestions about TinyQ feel free to post here.

Hi,

plugin doesn't load in any DAW (AU on OSX 10.11 tried in Live9 and Twistedwave)

"Large" size is still tiny... and the knobs are blurry.

Kinda irritating...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll have a look about loading the AU in macOS 10.11.

With the "large" size it still remains a "tiny EQ". :)
Due to the time constraints (I started rather late) the large GUI is mainly resized. If I find some time after the DC I can change the images for "large" which should result in a clearer look.
What screen resolution are you using? I didn't test on a retina Mac for example.

Was it inspired a lot by the Sonar track EQ?

Mr. Spock wrote:plugin doesn't load in any DAW (AU on OSX 10.11 tried in Live9 and Twistedwave)
Are you sure you're using 10.11? I tried on a 10.7 and 10.10 machine where it won't load but the build machine also runs 10.11 where it works. I just uploaded a fix where I could load the plugins on 10.10. For whatever reason it still won't work on 10.7. Can you check whether it works on your machine?
TMaudio wrote:Was it inspired a lot by the Sonar track EQ?
The GUI is quite obviously inspired by Sonars track EQ but the dsp is different. Sonar has various modes (E/G/Hybrid) which TinyQ doesn't feature.

The EQ is almost perfect... Probably need/deserve some more character on curves filters (near some other hardware emulation), some sublte exiter/saturation stage and some starting presets for newbie but actually my favourite! :-)

Turello wrote:The EQ is almost perfect... Probably need/deserve some more character on curves filters (near some other hardware emulation), some sublte exiter/saturation stage and some starting presets for newbie but actually my favourite! :-)
Leaving aside the "analog" color, why do you say almost perfect? Something regarding the filters?

heavymetalmixer wrote:
Turello wrote:The EQ is almost perfect... Probably need/deserve some more character on curves filters (near some other hardware emulation), some sublte exiter/saturation stage and some starting presets for newbie but actually my favourite! :-)
Leaving aside the "analog" color, why do you say almost perfect? Something regarding the filters?
Forgive my imperfect english (not my first language), i talk about the curves of the filters (peak, shelf etc, not the HPF/LPF), always for increase the "color" but this is just my opinion, very usefull tool :-)

TinyQ 1.0.1 should now also run on macOS 10.7.

Regarding color: TinyQ isn't designed as a color EQ but rather a universal tool. Therefore no saturation or gain-dependant Q-shaping is implemented.

Clean sound, really low on CPU (almost as ReaEQ) and very good filters (given that it doesn't have oversampling). This just became my second favorite after TDR NOVA 2.

There are only two things I don't get about this plugin:
1) Why make it so small?

2) Why doesn't it have an output gain knob?

Really great EQ. Just the slightly blurry look when set to large is meh

heavymetalmixer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:22 pm Clean sound, really low on CPU and very good filters

Why doesn't it have an output gain knob?
+1
Awesome Eq :clap: Could you continue your development? Please :pray:
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Yesterday I discovered that the VST 3 x64 version doesn't save any settings in Reaper (TinyQ v1.5.1).

heavymetalmixer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 pm Yesterday I discovered that the VST 3 x64 version doesn't save any settings in Reaper (TinyQ v1.5.1).
I just tried that (new project, add TinyQ, change something, save, reload) and it works fine for me. Could you give more details?
You didn't mention which Reaper version you used and whether it is 32 or 64 bit. The bitbridge might cause some problems but I never tested the bitbridge as it isn't needed.

Return to “Effects”