DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SiliconDeath wrote:I think it would be nice if there'd be option to scale the UI a little bit larger. I run Equilibrium on "Large", the TrackComp UI scale looks pretty small in relation to that (not that I want trackcomp to be exact size of large equilibrium , but I mention it just to give an idea what sort of UI size I'm used to).
I’m with you on that. And the overall coldness of the GUI, they can go a little Goodhertz for a while.

DMG has been pretty quiet for a while, wondering what they are up to. Still
wish they would make a track EQ for the Track Range myself.

pekbro wrote:DMG has been pretty quiet for a while, wondering what they are up to. Still
wish they would make a track EQ for the Track Range myself.
Dave Gamble of DMG Audio posted on Facebook this week he's been rebuilding his office.

I'm Ant wrote:
Dave Gamble of DMG Audio posted on Facebook this week he's been rebuilding his office.
Ok thanks, I am not on Facebook.

-cheers

pekbro wrote:
I'm Ant wrote:
Ok thanks, I am not on Facebook.

-cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Excellent! Definitely one of the best beards in DSP :clap:

Just an FYI - a new version of TrackComp was just released with a completely redesigned 1176 model amongst other things. Existing projects will load the old model for compatibility, but new ones will use the new model.

https://dmgaudio.com/trackcomp#history

I'm hoping they reset demos. Would love to check it out now.

Thx! Love this thing :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 am Just an FYI - a new version of TrackComp was just released with a completely redesigned 1176 model amongst other things. Existing projects will load the old model for compatibility, but new ones will use the new model.

Just write them an email, should be no problem.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 am Just an FYI - a new version of TrackComp was just released with a completely redesigned 1176 model amongst other things. Existing projects will load the old model for compatibility, but new ones will use the new model.

Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Anybody tried the new model yet? I can't find much information about it other than "new and improved"

Had a quick test. Too early to say how different it is. But what's slightly frustrating is that there's still no sidechain hpf setting (not that you get one on the hardware, of course).

Afaik there was some clicking /distortion on some settings. Read the GS thread for more info.

dermage wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:17 am Afaik there was some clicking /distortion on some settings. Read the GS thread for more info.
Yes, the old 1176 model would crackle and distort with Q-bias settings greater than -2% (by greater than, I mean I'm the direction of positive numbers). The initial release didn't even include that control, with Q-bias at zero by default. Once it was added in 1.01, decreasing the Q-bias below -2 would result in less gain reduction and a less aggressive sound in general. It was a bummer that the model just didn't work as well as I had hoped.

I look forward to digging into the new one!

Wrong Post.

Return to “Effects”