Studio One Pro 4.5

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
killmaster
KVRian
1118 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Thu May 23, 2019 4:58 am

I don't know if this was mentioned by anyone else, but I'm getting a ton of plugins that are blacklisted. Nearly all of my Native Instruments plugins for instance that were fine before the 4.5 update. Is this happening for anyone else?

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
6568 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 5:10 am

Trancit wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:28 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm
Trancit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:41 am
chk071 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:12 am
Trancit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:52 am
Only the plugin manager doesn´t do anything for me... not sure what it is supposed to do different...
"Out of the box" i can only see that you can easily manage your blacklisted plugins now, and also that you can hide plugins by vendor X now.
Can you rename plugins in it? Plugin aliases seem like a no-brainer type of enhancement, but Studio One would only let you rename a single instance of a plugin, and Cubase doesn't do it at all. I'd like to get rid of all the stupid prefixes on things like "Universal Audio Urei LA-2A Silver" and change that to "LA2A Silver." Same for "T-Racks 5 Precision Limiter/Bus Compressor" or whatever.
I expected this too, but I didn´t see any way for that...
Nevertheless I don´t know, if I tell you something new, that renaming of plugins is already available since many years...
All you have to do are to change the entries in the Plugins-en.settings file...which is editable with a normal text editor...
On Windows it´s located in: C:\Users\"Your user name"\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64\
Every scanned plugin has an indepth entry in there including "name: ..."
I just tried that with the UAD plugins. It didn't work. Here's what I did:

1. Opened vstplugins.settings
2. Located the UAD plugins - checked out the layout
3. Did a find and replace on: name="UAD_ to name="

Result: the settings file now had entries that looked like this: name="4k Channel Strip"

4. Launched Studio One

Result: Every single UAD was rescanned on launch. The new plugin names included the UAD prefix again. So this basically had no effect and I ended up back where I started.

Let me know if I messed up the procedure, but I was optimistic for a moment and ultimately didn't get the results I was looking for.
Hombre...!!! Not the vstplugins.settings... :dog:

Have a look again for a file called Plugins-XX.settings
"XX" stands language short name... en= english, de= german etc...

If you use english as language in S1 your file is called "Plugins-en.settings" and this is the one to edit!!!
That was the first thing I tried but the plugins-en.settings only covers Presonus internal plugins and VST3 plugins. It doesn't include VST2 plugins. Those are located in the vstplugins.settings file, which is why I tried there.

dellboy
KVRian
983 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 5:26 am

LawrenceF wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 am


I'd personally resist any DAW trying to be all things to all people or genres though. They should cover some of it sure, but I wouldn't want to see Cubase or Studio One turn into Bitwig or Live, or vice versa. Their paths or workflows vary for a good reason, to give people different choices.
I have never understood why a linear based DAW cannot just simply loop clips along the timeline.

Record a clip of any length, right clip "loop", and that clip then loops independent of the other tracks.

Add the ability to right click and assign a midi key to trigger the clip, and the DAW remains single window.

Maybe there is a technical reason stopping it that is obvious to someone who understands this stuff.

jens
KVRAF
19608 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 6:08 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:26 am
jens wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:26 am
I must admit that I don't get it anyway - you can send it to both Sample One and Impact with just a single click (or shortcut) and there you can resample away with it to your heart's content - so what is it that you are missing?
I understand that you dont get it if you dont do certain work that requires this option and because of that resampling in Sample one is not a solution for a long samples wich you want to slice up and edit (fade ins, pitch/tempo changes on a various degree,). For example vocal line, accapella, recorded synth line for post editing. Or even if you are making premixed dj set. Its not without a reason every major daw has this feature since the beginning :)
I see - thanks for the explanation! :tu:

jens
KVRAF
19608 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 6:09 am

killmaster wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:58 am
I don't know if this was mentioned by anyone else, but I'm getting a ton of plugins that are blacklisted. Nearly all of my Native Instruments plugins for instance that were fine before the 4.5 update. Is this happening for anyone else?
Yes, expecially most of the shells on my system had gotten blacklisted. But once I removed them from the blacklist all was fine again.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
1910 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 6:12 am

dellboy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:26 am
LawrenceF wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 am


I'd personally resist any DAW trying to be all things to all people or genres though. They should cover some of it sure, but I wouldn't want to see Cubase or Studio One turn into Bitwig or Live, or vice versa. Their paths or workflows vary for a good reason, to give people different choices.
I have never understood why a linear based DAW cannot just simply loop clips along the timeline.

Record a clip of any length, right clip "loop", and that clip then loops independent of the other tracks.

Add the ability to right click and assign a midi key to trigger the clip, and the DAW remains single window.

Maybe there is a technical reason stopping it that is obvious to someone who understands this stuff.
Zenaud.io ALK2 does that. It's one of their main selling points.

Blaster
KVRist
353 posts since 22 Apr, 2004 from Ireland

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 am

All of my plugins get blacklisted when I have a VPN connection active. Also read about the same with some anti-virus applications.

Trancit
KVRAF
2251 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:10 am

That was the first thing I tried but the plugins-en.settings only covers Presonus internal plugins and VST3 plugins. It doesn't include VST2 plugins. Those are located in the vstplugins.settings file, which is why I tried there.
I don´t know what happens on your machine...
This is a part of my file... created after a new installation with 4.5... these are all VST2 plugins...
Settings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jens
KVRAF
19608 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 am

Here they rather broke the thing, it seems...

I can only monitor through a track which has already been recorded to if the low-latency monitoring is switched off - can't remember this having been like that before?

and at least with Amplitube (didn't try many plugins yet) in low-latency mode I have to disable and then re-enable the low-latency for parameter changes within Amplitube to become active...

What did they do?

dellboy
KVRian
983 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 6:49 am

mgw38 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:12 am



Zenaud.io ALK2 does that. It's one of their main selling points.
The drawback with that idea is that he sets the loop length beforehand with the mouse.

I am thinking of something along the line of Bitwig or Live, where you do not predetermine the loop length. Just for fun I often do a quick drum-loop in Live, hit the keyboard for the bass for a few bars, and then play along with that for as long as you like.

In Studio One, or any linear DAW, you could play a clip,maybe hit "L" for "loop, and drop down to the next track. This can already be done in Studio One by hitting the "D" for duplicate, but the other way could be a fun alternative.

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
6568 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 7:00 am

Trancit wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:10 am

That was the first thing I tried but the plugins-en.settings only covers Presonus internal plugins and VST3 plugins. It doesn't include VST2 plugins. Those are located in the vstplugins.settings file, which is why I tried there.
I don´t know what happens on your machine...
This is a part of my file... created after a new installation with 4.5... these are all VST2 plugins...

Settings.png
I just triple checked. That's not the case here at all. VST3 plugins appear in that file, but not their VST2 counterparts. So not a single UAD plugin for example. Note on big distinction: I'm still using 3.6.4.

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
6568 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 am

tommijk wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 pm
You can change the plugin names by renaming them on the mixer channel or plugin window, and then saving that as a default preset. Next time you insert that plugin somewhere else, S1 remembers the new name. I have done that to most of my plugins, and have had no issues.
Just tried this and it worked. What a great trick! Doesn't change their names in the browser, but it does for the mixer channels. Thanks! I

jinotsuh
KVRist
345 posts since 31 May, 2008 from Australia

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 1:23 pm

jens wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 am

and at least with Amplitube (didn't try many plugins yet) in low-latency mode I have to disable and then re-enable the low-latency for parameter changes within Amplitube to become active...

What did they do?
People have reported this issue with Amplitube prior to 4.5.0, so not neccessarily introduced with 4.5.0 as it has existed previously. I have never encountered it personally.
Last edited by jinotsuh on Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneway
KVRist
92 posts since 11 Dec, 2017

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 1:30 pm

jens wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 am
Here they rather broke the thing, it seems...

I can only monitor through a track which has already been recorded to if the low-latency monitoring is switched off - can't remember this having been like that before?

and at least with Amplitube (didn't try many plugins yet) in low-latency mode I have to disable and then re-enable the low-latency for parameter changes within Amplitube to become active...

What did they do?
I dont know about amplitube but with the first point... Are you using Tape mode for punch ins? Or did that setting accidentally get engaged when upgrading? It's in the wrench icon in the upper left of the arrange view. That mode requires a slightly different order of operations when monitoring with Low Latency Monitoring I think.

Passing Bye
KVRian
805 posts since 5 Nov, 2014

Re: Studio One Pro 4.5

Post Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 pm

LawrenceF wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 am
I'd personally resist any DAW trying to be all things to all people or genres though. They should cover some of it sure, but I wouldn't want to see Cubase or Studio One turn into Bitwig or Live, or vice versa. Their paths or workflows vary for a good reason, to give people different choices.
Personally I hope they include clip launching and easy sampling from them, that would make Bitwig and Live quite redundant to me for studio use, know I'm not alone there, plenty of people I know actually just use those DAW's next to their main linear ones for quickly sketching stuff out and because of those few features, so bring it on.
Googly Smythe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:39 am
Somedays it seems like we're not allowed to dislike anything.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”