Studio One Pro 4.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

justin3am wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:42 pm T-series
Ace! :tu:

justin3am wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:42 pm Final testing is underway (mostly complete) and we are getting documentation ready for release. We hope to have Studio One support installers posted to the website for the Panorama P-series, T-series and Pacer very soon. I won't give an exact date, as I'm always hesitant to do so, but it shouldn't be long now.

Usually Niels will send out a newsletter when a new release is ready.

If you have any specific questions, please contact us via the support page on the Nektar website.

- Justin
Awesome Justin! Thank you so much :)

Proken wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 am I feel like such an outsider, I'm perfectly fine with the way Studio One looks :shrug:
Me too. It has something unique the way it is. :clown:
No, I don't think you - or we - are outsiders in regards to this. Much rather I assume that it's a small but vocal fraction of the userbase that dislikes the current GUI for one or the other reason.

Personally I really like it. It's not as pretty and inspiring as Reason yet on the other hand it supports HDPI, is scalable and fully supports multitouch (and using it on a touchscreen in general) - unlike most DAWs, I hasten to add.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

justin3am wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:42 pm Final testing is underway (mostly complete) and we are getting documentation ready for release. We hope to have Studio One support installers posted to the website for the Panorama P-series, T-series and Pacer very soon. I won't give an exact date, as I'm always hesitant to do so, but it shouldn't be long now.

If you have any specific questions, please contact us via the support page on the Nektar website.

- Justin
Sounds very promising, thanks! :tu:

I'm all happy now, because no Sonar support is a lot better than no Sonar support and no Studio One support. :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

- Justin
That's fantastic news, Justin! P-Series support for Studio One will be incredibly appreciated (and help squeeze a little more life out of my embarrassingly antiquated P-6). :D :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

As a P6 and Nektar user.....thanks :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EnochLight wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 pm

- Justin
That's fantastic news, Justin! P-Series support for Studio One will be incredibly appreciated (and help squeeze a little more life out of my embarrassingly antiquated P-6). :D :party:

Antiquated? Those things still rock. I'm a lowly LX user :scared:

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:24 pm
EnochLight wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 pm That's fantastic news, Justin! P-Series support for Studio One will be incredibly appreciated (and help squeeze a little more life out of my embarrassingly antiquated P-6). :D :party:

Antiquated? Those things still rock. I'm a lowly LX user :scared:
Well, it's antiquated in the sense that there was never a proper follow-up. It's been out for 7 solid years and absolutely unchanged: the pads suck ass compared to most controllers, the LCD screen is low res and dated, and the build-quality is arguably pretty cheap. Meanwhile, your LX pads are leagues ahead as far as pad controller quality goes, and supposedly even the keybed is nicer.

The P-Series is supposed to be their premium line. It deserves a modern hardware update, IMHO.

But I digress - this is a Studio One 4.5 thread. Yay Studio One! :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

- Justin
hey Justin,

I wonder why you dont allow on studio one audio samples to be resampled when pitch or tempo has been changed but instead timestretching it? In forum this feature request if im not mistaken has been for 2 years and is one of those feature requests that has a big number of votes (last time i checked it had way over 100 votes).

I mean its a such a primitive most basic feature like draging, cuting/slicing.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm

- Justin
hey Justin,

I wonder why you dont allow on studio one audio samples to be resampled when pitch or tempo has been changed but instead timestretching it? In forum this feature request if im not mistaken has been for 2 years and is one of those feature requests that has a big number of votes (last time i checked it had way over 100 votes).

Justin isn't from PreSonus; he's from Nektar Tech (regarding the Panorama MIDI controller support)...

rageix wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:09 am The only other DAW I've use extensively is Live. I've been playing around with the 4.5 demo for a few hours and have a more positive experience than when I demoed it a year a go. Some of these features are good and where really needed. Snap to 0 crossings is a no brainier. Randomly generating notes is way easier than doing it in Live. The new side-chain controls make it really easy to side chain things together, even third party VSTs. Those are the most useful things I've found so far.

I don't really understand how the new grouping system is useful. Seems useful on the surface, but not in all practicality. The group/folder system in Live is just easier in my opinion. I'd love to see folder tracks just become bus tracks automatically and when you add a new track it's sent to the bus like in Live.

One question I do have is that I see lots of people say that Studio One is better for mixing than Live. What about Studio One is that much better for mixing?
S1 has a workflow similar to Ableton already in terms of folder etc. You have to use Pack Folder. Once you pack a folder you create a bus for that folder and if you have Link expand turned on then it works pretty much like Live except imo far more flexible.

Before this version I would agree with your that grouping wasn't;t very useful, but S1 also has VCAs so it really wasn't a big deal. Grouping in this version is different, you can things like add/remove an insert to all tracks in a group, Pan multiple tracks, etc. One really useful one is to be able record arm multiple tracks if you have band or something to record. Just group them and you hit record arm on one of the tracks. You can also layer groups so you can have a track in multiple groups. Really useful for guitars or drums.

S1 is really great for mixing. They've done a lot work to make entice Pro Tools users over to the DAW so a lot of PT features are there and are more often than not even better. You can mix in Live for sure, you can mix in anything, but imo Live is not great for mixing. No VCAs, no real metering tools. If I were doing a large mix Live would be my last choice.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

EnochLight wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm

- Justin
hey Justin,

Justin isn't from PreSonus; he's from Nektar Tech (regarding the Panorama MIDI controller support)...
Ah sorry, thought he was from Presonus. My bad :-(

I must admit that I don't get it anyway - you can send it to both Sample One and Impact with just a single click (or shortcut) and there you can resample away with it to your heart's content - so what is it that you are missing?

jens wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:26 am I must admit that I don't get it anyway - you can send it to both Sample One and Impact with just a single click (or shortcut) and there you can resample away with it to your heart's content - so what is it that you are missing?
I understand that you dont get it if you dont do certain work that requires this option and because of that resampling in Sample one is not a solution for a long samples wich you want to slice up and edit (fade ins, pitch/tempo changes on a various degree,). For example vocal line, accapella, recorded synth line for post editing. Or even if you are making premixed dj set. Its not without a reason every major daw has this feature since the beginning :)

There are some things that producers of certain genres prefer, and it is quite literally true that in some cases unless you can actually see what they're doing in realtime it may be hard to understand. For me personally, I don't understand a lot of some electronic or sampling workflows or preferences until I see people doing them.

I'd personally resist any DAW trying to be all things to all people or genres though. They should cover some of it sure, but I wouldn't want to see Cubase or Studio One turn into Bitwig or Live, or vice versa. Their paths or workflows vary for a good reason, to give people different choices.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”