Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 am Give us Rent To Own option!!!
Have you contacted them directly about that? It seems a bit counterproductive to post it in every Spire thread here, as it is not very likely that the developers will read it, with all the other posts in those threads.

Yes. I bomb them with that request with every possible way.

Ok, then it might be something they don't strive for, i guess.

I'm patient.. I have time to wait.. It's their loss after all since losing sales :P

Have you thought about saving $20 a week in a piggy bank for a few months?
If you really want it, it should be easy to forgo a couple of starbucks or big mac combos every pay day.

:tu:

Comes out the same way doesn't it?

No?

Maybe you can see if it is for sale 2nd hand:

viewforum.php?f=43

chk071 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 am
v1o wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 am
anoise wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:00 pm
Kian Russell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:29 pm It almost feels like yesterday when Spire first hit the market.
A fantastic Synth with a huge catalog of quality presets.
I purchased it a couple of years ago and have not a single regret.
Same, I feel like (yeah, it's subjective) it was the first "next-gen" VST synth, in terms of sound quality. Back then, when I first heard it, I was impressed. Suddenly a VST VA that sounded like a Hardware VA.
Happy Birthday! :party:
I thought Sylenth1 was the first.
IMO, Spire is the much more "hardware" sounding synth, think punchy, solid, big sweet spot, beefy (Sylenth1 doesn't have much bass compared) - like some good hardware. Of course not everything hardware sounds like that.

TBH, i never quite got that massive hype around Sylenth1. I assume it rather stems from its popularity and use in EDM music, than having to do with its base sound. As i sound, good sounding synth, and, at that time, probably one of the best, but, there have been many soft synths after it which have surpassed it, IMO.
The hype is real with Sylenth1. It was the first VST competitive with hardware, well at least in the eyes of DJs and dance music producers (i'm sure other genres would point to Omnishpere, Zebra or Z3ta). It's no accident that Sylenth1 is still very popular even today despite the lack of development. Some people even prefer it to Spire.

Here's one of the earliest Sylenth1 videos that showed up on the internet. At the time people were amazed at how phat and punchy it was.
https://youtu.be/XOyAUN2PTkg?t=97
Last edited by v1o on Mon May 27, 2019 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I actually watched that vid before, and, yeah, the sounds are very good. :) Well, maybe i sounded a bit too negative, it's a nice synth, but, as with all hypes, it may be a tad too much.

If anyone is interested, Spire is 30% off at Plugin Boutique at the moment -

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products ... 3796322220
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Anyone be so kind as to explain the appeal of this synth? I have the demo..sure some sounds are cool but overall I jut don't get it compared to many other digital synths out there. What's with these violin etc waveforms really? Thanks

Aliens wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:40 pm Have you thought about saving $20 a week in a piggy bank for a few months?
If you really want it, it should be easy to forgo a couple of starbucks or big mac combos every pay day.
Goes to my lunch fund eventually :hihi:

yul wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:42 am Anyone be so kind as to explain the appeal of this synth? I have the demo..sure some sounds are cool but overall I jut don't get it compared to many other digital synths out there. What's with these violin etc waveforms really? Thanks
I like its in your face sound, easy to use GUI, the responsiveness of the controls, the added features with updates, the insane number of sound banks available. For me it's a strong desert island soft synth contender. Proper preset browser and lock option for controls would make it my favorite synth ever. If you don't get it, it's really not a tragedy. There are lots of options out there... :wink:

MuzikFreq wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:15 am Goes to my lunch fund eventually :hihi:
Make sandwiches and save, save, save :lol:

Return to “Instruments”