Eventide H3000 Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:28 am
jens wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am
jochicago wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 pm I have the UltraReverb (great plugin) that has the reverbs from the H8000.
To be honest I am not a huge fan of the UltraReverb - it's certainly doing its job, but it somehow tends to sound a little boring/bland to me - hard to describe - I think it's that it neither sounds very realistic nor very characterful to me but rather somehow seems to sit in the dull middle that is neither fish nor flesh.
All a matter of taste, i guess. I think it sounds very good. What it doesn't do though is preserve the highs very well. It's generally a pretty dark reverb, maybe that's why you think it's bland/boring. You can help with that a bit by boosting the highs. I surely wouldn't use it on everything, but, it certainly has a specific sound (which is going a bit in the Blackhole direction), and character.
I tend to like dark - my suspicion is rather that I neither much like the Lo-Fi nor the Modulation.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

What on earth?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

seangm wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:20 am
plopseaw wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 am Had the same problem. Contacted Eventide and they said AudioDeluxe had generated an UltraReverb code by mistake. Eventide were able to exchange the code for the H3000 in my ilock account and all went well.
Yes I see that I have an Ultra Reverb license in my account now that I didn't notice so it looks like AudioDeluxe is sending out the wrong license. I haven't heard anything back from Eventide yet, glad you got yours straightened out.
I just received the following mail:

Hey Martin,
I apologize for the issue! It appears Eventide loaded the wrong serials into their portal, we’ve reached out to them and will get you a replacement ASAP.
Thanks!
audiodeluxe.com
Phone: 615-807-1953
Email: cs@audiodeluxe.com

OK .. so dumb question? In order to use this with my OTB setup - would I have to run my audio through a DAW/Host? Or.. can these effects somehow play ball as part of an effects BUS off a mixer? Sorry for the convoluted question - I currently run effects off my mixer effects bus, and haven't looked at integrating software based effects. If this has to be run off Logic Pro, it's going to be a PITA for me...

thx

Joe

jdoo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm would I have to run my audio through a DAW/Host?
This is a plugin, so yeah.

if u don't wanna get a v-machine, there's tobybear minihost, simple program, hosts 1 vst. if u can find it, its donationware so maybe not on an illicit website.

jdoo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm OK .. so dumb question? In order to use this with my OTB setup - would I have to run my audio through a DAW/Host? Or.. can these effects somehow play ball as part of an effects BUS off a mixer? Sorry for the convoluted question - I currently run effects off my mixer effects bus, and haven't looked at integrating software based effects. If this has to be run off Logic Pro, it's going to be a PITA for me...

thx

Joe
I was going to say get a hardware one off eBay, but they're still over a grand. Have you looked at getting a cheap, small PC and fitting it out with an audio interface so it can act as a headless effect unit? H3000 doesn't use a lot of CPU so you're not looking at anything fast - a really old Mac Mini would do the job. You can use a simple host app like minihost to run the plugin and use VNC to get the UI onto the main computer for programming.

Now Eventide sorted out the mess:

Hello,
It appears that there was an issue with one of our dealer purchasing systems that was giving out UltraReverb serial numbers, instead of H3000 Factory serial numbers. I just revoked the UltraReverb license and generated an H3000 Factory license to your iLok account, so you're all set. Sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know if you need anything else.
Best regards,
Jerome Hyman
Audio Support Manager

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:05 pm
jdoo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm OK .. so dumb question? In order to use this with my OTB setup - would I have to run my audio through a DAW/Host? Or.. can these effects somehow play ball as part of an effects BUS off a mixer? Sorry for the convoluted question - I currently run effects off my mixer effects bus, and haven't looked at integrating software based effects. If this has to be run off Logic Pro, it's going to be a PITA for me...

thx

Joe
I was going to say get a hardware one off eBay, but they're still over a grand. Have you looked at getting a cheap, small PC and fitting it out with an audio interface so it can act as a headless effect unit? H3000 doesn't use a lot of CPU so you're not looking at anything fast - a really old Mac Mini would do the job. You can use a simple host app like minihost to run the plugin and use VNC to get the UI onto the main computer for programming.
Thanks for that. I definitely have access to PC/Mac systems I can pull into my rig. Just hoping for some alternative to having to have Logic Pro (DAW of choice in the studio) available for live play. I'll stick with OTB effects for that. Cheers -

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm Now Eventide sorted out the mess:

Hello,
It appears that there was an issue with one of our dealer purchasing systems that was giving out UltraReverb serial numbers, instead of H3000 Factory serial numbers. I just revoked the UltraReverb license and generated an H3000 Factory license to your iLok account, so you're all set. Sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know if you need anything else.
Best regards,
Jerome Hyman
Audio Support Manager
Yes Eventide sorted it out for me also, hopefully the same for everyone else who had the issue.

tampacct wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 pm if u don't wanna get a v-machine, there's tobybear minihost, simple program, hosts 1 vst. if u can find it, its donationware so maybe not on an illicit website.
I have a V-Machine somewhere in a drawer or something that I haven't been using for like seven years or so... what do they go for these days? Can't be a lot I would guess?

But then again I don't think it's possible to use plugins on it which require iLok, even if it's "just" soft iLok...?

Saw it in my email. Instant purchase.

Re: UltraReverb
Can't comment vs the H8000 since no experience, all I know in that regard is what's on the GS thread, the dev commenting that it's basically the same algos line for line.

Sound-wise, it's my go-to. Every time I A/B with my other reverbs I end up liking the UltraReverb, to the point that I stopped trying and just use the Eventide for most projects. Beyond the sound, I think the functionality of the plugin is a joy, allowing me to do the touchups I normally want on a single screen without having to add additional plugins and routing.

a gentle reminder that this (H3000 Factory) is NOT "H3000 in a plugin." Do your research, play with the demo. The algorithms that you can use within the Factory program are not the same ones as the full versions and there are A.) a lot of the standard presets that are missing and cannot be replicated and B.) Several (MicroPitchShift) that are here that are NOT the original patches.

Frankly I think that it is shameful that Eventide markets this plugin the way that they do. This is ONE of many programs that were available on an H3000 and it is NOT the program that people are thinking of when they remember using an H3000 in a studio or by reputation.

google it before you buy. I bought at full price and it still stings.

Return to “Effects”