Studio One Pro 4.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

tommijk wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:21 amYou can change the plugin names by renaming them on the mixer channel or plugin window, and then saving that as a default preset. Next time you insert that plugin somewhere else, S1 remembers the new name. I have done that to most of my plugins, and have had no issues.
Have you tried sorting and searching the plugins with that custom name? How does that work?

Ryan99 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am
Ryan99 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 am Ouch! I updated to 4.5, and Studio One has not crashed so much and so often for years in a couple of minutes....
Something is wrong with your computer if not your installation / setup of Studio One and what you're using with it. Because it's been working here fine without issue for the past 8 hours without a hitch.
Maybe it's working fine on some configuration, and not on some others. My computer is fine, and my installation is the same for Studio One for years...
I also put about 6 hours strait in last night testing all the new features and had no crashes...that’s on Windows, I haven seem any reports of crashes either, so it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling - the magic reboot!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

daw.one wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:26 am
tommijk wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:21 amYou can change the plugin names by renaming them on the mixer channel or plugin window, and then saving that as a default preset. Next time you insert that plugin somewhere else, S1 remembers the new name. I have done that to most of my plugins, and have had no issues.
Have you tried sorting and searching the plugins with that custom name? How does that work?
Method I talked about only changes the name displayed in mixer/plugin window. It doesn't change the name displayed in plugin browser

rodanmusic wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 am I’m still waiting to see that nektar support
I thought that it was just for the newer keyboards, but upon watching the Superbooth video again he definitely says the P-series. There does not appear to have been a P-series mark 2, so one can only assume that the older P-series is capable of receiving this update, but as you say, it is not in the accounts yet.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 pm
Trancit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:35 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm
Trancit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 pm Only the plugin manager doesn´t do anything for me... not sure what it is supposed to do different...
"Out of the box" i can only see that you can easily manage your blacklisted plugins now, and also that you can hide plugins by vendor X now.
Can you rename plugins in it? Plugin aliases seem like a no-brainer type of enhancement, but Studio One would only let you rename a single instance of a plugin, and Cubase doesn't do it at all. I'd like to get rid of all the stupid prefixes on things like "Universal Audio Urei LA-2A Silver" and change that to "LA2A Silver." Same for "T-Racks 5 Precision Limiter/Bus Compressor" or whatever.
I expected this too, but I didn´t see any way for that...
Nevertheless I don´t know, if I tell you something new, that renaming of plugins is already available since many years...
All you have to do are to change the entries in the Plugins-en.settings file...which is editable with a normal text editor...
On Windows it´s located in: C:\Users\"Your user name"\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64\
Every scanned plugin has an indepth entry in there including "name: ..."
I just tried that with the UAD plugins. It didn't work. Here's what I did:

1. Opened vstplugins.settings
2. Located the UAD plugins - checked out the layout
3. Did a find and replace on: name="UAD_ to name="

Result: the settings file now had entries that looked like this: name="4k Channel Strip"

4. Launched Studio One

Result: Every single UAD was rescanned on launch. The new plugin names included the UAD prefix again. So this basically had no effect and I ended up back where I started.

Let me know if I messed up the procedure, but I was optimistic for a moment and ultimately didn't get the results I was looking for.
Hombre...!!! Not the vstplugins.settings... :dog:

Have a look again for a file called Plugins-XX.settings
"XX" stands language short name... en= english, de= german etc...

If you use english as language in S1 your file is called "Plugins-en.settings" and this is the one to edit!!!

rodanmusic wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 am I’m still waiting to see that nektar support
Yes me too! I mean I want it the same level like with Bitwig (especially P4/P6).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 pm
steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 pm Can you rename plugins in it?
No, which DAW can do that?
Sonar had this years ago, Reaper lets you "Rename FX," Logic has Custom Name and Short Name options....
Would love to have that in SO. :hyper:
Well, I can see a big possibility that this get added in the future. I see the present plugin manager more as a starting point for now, they can enhance it later on (hopefully not so far in the future).

Overall I like this update very much! I’m not sure if it’s worth the x.5 name, but I think this might be a way to counter the Cubase sale and fish for some attention.

Sadly, still no retrospective recording, still no tapestyle pitch... :(

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:18 am ?

When I last used it my nektar was supported. Can you elaborate?
Assuming you refer to the Panorama you are actually both wrong - the Panorama doesn't yet fully support Studio One and it is really this way around, meaning there's nothing Presonus could do about it.

Given how slow they are at Nektar (for whatever reason) I think it's weird that they did not release a tool yet where the users could at least help themselves.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Assuming you refer to the Panorama you are actually both wrong - the Panorama doesn't yet fully support Studio One and it is really this way around, meaning there's nothing Presonus could do about it.

Given how slow they are at Nektar (for whatever reason) I think it's weird that they did not release a tool yet where the users could at least help themselves.

Unless I am listening wrong, at the end of this video Tim says that its for the Panorama T and P series. Perhaps some else could listen to his comments at the end to confirm or deny this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxOT5kgwtxs

dellboy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:49 pm
jens wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Unless I am listening wrong, at the end of this video Tim says that its for the Panorama T and P series. Perhaps some else could listen to his comments at the end to confirm or deny this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxOT5kgwtxs
He says all their controllers will get full Studio One support now... that's great news indeed!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

May 21st he said! That was yesterday! Brb

no, not there on my account yet.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 am I feel like such an outsider, I'm perfectly fine with the way Studio One looks :shrug:
Me too. It has something unique the way it is. :clown:

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:18 am ?

When I last used it my nektar was supported. Can you elaborate?
See the videos posted above. They were supposed to be adding full integration into S1 for the impact controllers and from the video I "think" for panorama as well.

They said it'd be in your nektar account by the 21st of May, but I do not see it for my panorama, and they haven't seen or ignored my message on Facebook as well.

Does anyone with an impact controller see it in their account on nektartech?

Final testing is underway (mostly complete) and we are getting documentation ready for release. We hope to have Studio One support installers posted to the website for the Panorama P-series, T-series and Pacer very soon. I won't give an exact date, as I'm always hesitant to do so, but it shouldn't be long now.

Usually Niels will send out a newsletter when a new release is ready.

If you have any specific questions, please contact us via the support page on the Nektar website.

- Justin

The fonts in Studio One is really the main issue, they are really small or just too tiny. They honestly are a garbled mess to be frank... They are functional in being read, but then, I could read fonts on my Atari 800 XL computer in the 1980's and just learn to identify and accept them after a while so I didn't notice so much. You can see an immediate different when you swicth to the white theme levels. Everything looks sharper and more clearly defined, but using the white GUI as it currently stands makes things look washed out and for most people, undesirable. If the kerning of the fonts was better, the fonts wouldn't look so squashed together, that would help. Making the fonts bigger, changing the background colour so it's lighter (transport bar in particular), would make a big difference. Studio One doesn't use any font antialiasing, but really the issue originates in the way the OS handles fonts, such as the pink fringing you see around the edges. Studio One really needs better options that can allow users of it more control over how text and the colour is displayed, and that's really going come down to allowing a better control of what fonts and colours are user calibrated to compensate for the GUI text quality issues.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed May 22, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”