Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am
perfumer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 am
perfumer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 am Does it bite? Do I have to take out life insurance before using it?

Questions, questions.......
It’s modelled after Simba not Mustafa.
So we can go hunting daisies together!

Then daisy chaining them in a semi modular way!

:love: is the answer, one with mother nature and all that erm.... stuff.
I’ll let you deflower Simba.
Do I have to buy an Ilok for that?!

So does anyone actually have some sort of idea what this synth is going to bring? It's going up against Massive x and Phase Plant in the "advanced" category and Hive 2.0 and whatever Rob Papen is cooking up in the "simple" (simple in a good way, imo) category. So yeah, stiff competition!

Breach The Sky wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:08 am So does anyone actually have some sort of idea what this synth is going to bring? It's going up against Massive x and Phase Plant in the "advanced" category and Hive 2.0 and whatever Rob Papen is cooking up in the "simple" (simple in a good way, imo) category. So yeah, stiff competition!
Given the thread direction I think it’s safe to assume nobody knows anything.

Seriously though does anybody even care? We have soooo many synths at our disposal now so does anybody still get excited when a new one is announced?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:23 am Given the thread direction I think it’s safe to assume nobody knows anything.

Seriously though does anybody even care? We have soooo many synths at our disposal now so does anybody still get excited when a new one is announced?
You have a point. I always get exited "just because", but in reality I probably have all the synthesis power I will ever need already. The allure of novelty...

Breach The Sky wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:23 am Given the thread direction I think it’s safe to assume nobody knows anything.

You have a point. I always get exited "just because", but in reality I probably have all the synthesis power I will ever need already. The allure of novelty...
I do feel sorry for the developers now; it must be incredibly hard to develop something unique.

As an example I still haven’t fully explored Albino3 and that is over 10 years old so I definitely don’t need anything new.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Make a limited set of features sound and work really good (Hive excels at this, imo) -or- alternatively make a huge number of features and ways to route audio as intuitive as possible to work with is two ways of designing a synth that interests ME, at least. I have not yet found the perfect synth for the later..
But yeah.. Do I really need it? With a bit of creativity you can make Hive do just about everything, I have found.

thelizard wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:34 pm

I can't share any teasers yet, but I'll share this: it's called LION. It has two oscillators, each with 25+ modes and optional full stereo synthesis. It has a mixer with nine modes. The interface has been designed without pages. The only page not always-visible is the voicing options page (poly/mono/legato/unison, tuning, etc... the type of stuff you only set once).

Ah, the 25 modes! Interesting.

The first lion which likes apples...

Their penchant for modulating everything alone should make this instrument worth a look.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 am The first lion which likes apples...
will it run with snow leopard though?

Give it some wild presets with the challenge for us to tame it.

Return to “Instruments”