Studio One Pro 4.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 am No reason a DAW couldn't quietly split up stereo signals behind the scenes
That's been possible in Studio One since 3.5 with the channel splitter.

Ouch! I updated to 4.5, and Studio One has not crashed so much and so often for years in a couple of minutes....

Ryan99 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 am Ouch! I updated to 4.5, and Studio One has not crashed so much and so often for years in a couple of minutes....
Oh no! And you were 4.14 before?

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:17 am
Ryan99 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 am Ouch! I updated to 4.5, and Studio One has not crashed so much and so often for years in a couple of minutes....
Oh no! And you were 4.14 before?
I was with the previous latest version.

Something is wrong with your computer if not your installation / setup of Studio One and what you're using with it. Because it's been working here fine without issue for the past 8 hours without a hitch.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am
Something is wrong with your computer if not your installation / setup of Studio One and what you're using with it. Because it's been working here fine without issue for the past 8 hours without a hitch.
Maybe it's working fine on some configuration, and not on some others. My computer is fine, and my installation is the same for Studio One for years...

bundoo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 pm Randomize notes
Fill notes
Mirror
Plus chord track
Massive time saver and creative generative tool
+1

For the looks, well, I prefer now S1 than Cubase! The layout is cleaner and the starting/closing time is without a hassle! Cubase 6 was the peak IMO. It was great, but after that, Cubase is just annoying in Windows. Maybe on the Mac it is the opposite, but in Windows, S1 is much better for me overall :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 am
SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:12 pm
rodanmusic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 pm The only thing left i can think of to add to the mixer (that I want) is the ability to have dual pan pots for stereo panning instead of a single pot. At that point I believe it'll be the best mixer out there.
That's one I'm surprised about. Pro Tools treats stereo like Dual Mono allowing much greater stereo panning flexibility. And it can run effects in dual-mono mode too from what I understand, which seems super cool. You'd think with all the updates geared towards enticing Pro Tools user, dual pan pots would be an obvious one.
I dont think VST supports multi mono and if you want dual pan pots, you can use the included dual pan plugin for now.
... Sonar has oversampling on render. Will literally upsample audio going into the channel, tell the plugins they're running at higher sample rate, then downsample on the way out.
I really like this idea, I wonder if anyone has sent this as a feature request in the answers.presonus website

Someone has, but only 10 votes so far:

https://answers.presonus.com/4089/plugi ... 4089#q4089

Was hoping they'd modify the chord selector to be able to work like Cubases chord pads. V5 I guess.

I’m still waiting to see that nektar support

?

When I last used it my nektar was supported. Can you elaborate?

The only other DAW I've use extensively is Live. I've been playing around with the 4.5 demo for a few hours and have a more positive experience than when I demoed it a year a go. Some of these features are good and where really needed. Snap to 0 crossings is a no brainier. Randomly generating notes is way easier than doing it in Live. The new side-chain controls make it really easy to side chain things together, even third party VSTs. Those are the most useful things I've found so far.

I don't really understand how the new grouping system is useful. Seems useful on the surface, but not in all practicality. The group/folder system in Live is just easier in my opinion. I'd love to see folder tracks just become bus tracks automatically and when you add a new track it's sent to the bus like in Live.

One question I do have is that I see lots of people say that Studio One is better for mixing than Live. What about Studio One is that much better for mixing?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 pm
Trancit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:35 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm
Trancit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 pm Only the plugin manager doesn´t do anything for me... not sure what it is supposed to do different...
"Out of the box" i can only see that you can easily manage your blacklisted plugins now, and also that you can hide plugins by vendor X now.
Can you rename plugins in it? Plugin aliases seem like a no-brainer type of enhancement, but Studio One would only let you rename a single instance of a plugin, and Cubase doesn't do it at all. I'd like to get rid of all the stupid prefixes on things like "Universal Audio Urei LA-2A Silver" and change that to "LA2A Silver." Same for "T-Racks 5 Precision Limiter/Bus Compressor" or whatever.
I expected this too, but I didn´t see any way for that...
Nevertheless I don´t know, if I tell you something new, that renaming of plugins is already available since many years...
All you have to do are to change the entries in the Plugins-en.settings file...which is editable with a normal text editor...
On Windows it´s located in: C:\Users\"Your user name"\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64\
Every scanned plugin has an indepth entry in there including "name: ..."
I just tried that with the UAD plugins. It didn't work. Here's what I did:

1. Opened vstplugins.settings
2. Located the UAD plugins - checked out the layout
3. Did a find and replace on: name="UAD_ to name="

Result: the settings file now had entries that looked like this: name="4k Channel Strip"

4. Launched Studio One

Result: Every single UAD was rescanned on launch. The new plugin names included the UAD prefix again. So this basically had no effect and I ended up back where I started.

Let me know if I messed up the procedure, but I was optimistic for a moment and ultimately didn't get the results I was looking for.

You can change the plugin names by renaming them on the mixer channel or plugin window, and then saving that as a default preset. Next time you insert that plugin somewhere else, S1 remembers the new name. I have done that to most of my plugins, and have had no issues.

Audio Editor
• Macro Toolbar: custom menus
• Macro Toolbar: direct macro editing
• Macro Toolbar: Duplicate Macro command
• Macro Toolbar: “move to Group” command
• Impact XT: drag more than 16 samples or slices
• Patterns: support for Quintuplets - Septuplets resolution
• Improved swing timing for patterns with individual lanes resolution
• Stem Export: quick drag select tracks-channels
• Stem Export: save selection when closing window
• Song Data Import retains “Disabled” track state when importing
• Fat Channel XT modules retain state when switching
• Instrument list: “disable all” option
• Instrument list: “remove unused” option
• Store Presets with folder selection
• Assignable F13-F24 keys • Recall any Marker with
shortcut
• One-step Audioloop export drag&drop
User Interface
• Smooth audio waveforms option
• Macro Toolbar icons update • Sample One XT - Impact XT:
improved unit readouts
With all those new features added one fundamental that is still being asked in their forum and has been voted by huge amount of numbers has not been added. How is it hard to add something like resample audio with pitch bend on an audio file :dog: Cubase had it, has it, logic has it, ableton has it, bitwig (wich is newer has it), fl studio had this for over a decade :dog:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”