FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

Damn, i cannot edit some of the sounds i saved in MSF anymore. I can however edit them when i open them from Cubase, where i saved the EXACT same sounds. (only some of them unfortunately)

Is this to do with the 13.01 update or something else ?
More BPM please

I've seen that with some of mine too after the update.

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 am
n9research wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
I may have your intention wrong, but here's how I map a drum kit in one instance of MSF

(it's less annoying and convoluted than it appears, honest...)

1. Don't use the Generator tab (as you can't set the note range of individual Generators)
2. In the FX tab, place a Modular16 (or other modular, if you need more/less slots)
3. Enable MIDI Input for the Modular16 (right-click)
4. In each column of Modular16, place an instance of MSF
5. Set the note range of each MSF (by right-clicking the MSF you placed in Modular16)
6. In each MSF, build your sound!

If you don't need more than 6 slots, you can place MSF directly in the FX tab columns, rather than use a Modular (but you lose the ability to set oversampling individually for each instance)
Thanks. There is still one very big problem. Assigning a sound over a note range, there is no pitch follow. So my toms are all the same pitch from F2 to B2. So, the only way to get each tom at a separate pitch is to assign a single tom to each note and tune each by hand.

In any other sampler, assigning over a note range, each note would have a different pitch.

This is still not an ideal solution.
For your MDrummer generators, look inside the Triggering tab. "Pitch Shift Per Semitone" will vary the pitch across a range of keys.

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 am
mevla wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 am So I have to go through the whole installation procedure again and make sure I install every plugin I own by them?
It's not a whole installation procedure. It's done in less than a minute (after downloading).
When I installed JUST MSF, it uninstalled all my other Melda plugins. So please don't tell me it's less than a minute.
In the installer, you need to select ALL the plug-ins that you want. But I thought that the last selection was remembered? I've got a file in AppData named DefaultInstallerItems.xml
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:04 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 am
mevla wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 am So I have to go through the whole installation procedure again and make sure I install every plugin I own by them?
It's not a whole installation procedure. It's done in less than a minute (after downloading).
When I installed JUST MSF, it uninstalled all my other Melda plugins. So please don't tell me it's less than a minute.
In the installer, you need to select ALL the plug-ins that you want. But I thought that the last selection was remembered? I've got a file in AppData named DefaultInstallerItems.xml
the last selection is remembered, in my case, which seems to me normal.

n9research wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:59 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 am
n9research wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
I may have your intention wrong, but here's how I map a drum kit in one instance of MSF

(it's less annoying and convoluted than it appears, honest...)

1. Don't use the Generator tab (as you can't set the note range of individual Generators)
2. In the FX tab, place a Modular16 (or other modular, if you need more/less slots)
3. Enable MIDI Input for the Modular16 (right-click)
4. In each column of Modular16, place an instance of MSF
5. Set the note range of each MSF (by right-clicking the MSF you placed in Modular16)
6. In each MSF, build your sound!

If you don't need more than 6 slots, you can place MSF directly in the FX tab columns, rather than use a Modular (but you lose the ability to set oversampling individually for each instance)
Thanks. There is still one very big problem. Assigning a sound over a note range, there is no pitch follow. So my toms are all the same pitch from F2 to B2. So, the only way to get each tom at a separate pitch is to assign a single tom to each note and tune each by hand.

In any other sampler, assigning over a note range, each note would have a different pitch.

This is still not an ideal solution.
For your MDrummer generators, look inside the Triggering tab. "Pitch Shift Per Semitone" will vary the pitch across a range of keys.
That parameter does not exist when using MDrummer within MSF.

NVM. Found it.

This is just an fyi if some of you have bought in for the first time (not trying to argue here). Melda literally releases an update almost every month. its continually updated.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:34 pm This is just an fyi if some of you have bought in for the first time (not trying to argue here). Melda literally releases an update almost every month. its continually updated.
Indeed. The plugins are already being updated on a regularly basis. Not all plugins are updated every time, but the updates happens often. That on top of that MSF is officially described as "will most likely be a never-ending project" reinforces substantially that notion.

About assigning MIDI notes to drum samples, the status at the moment is, quoting Vojtech:

The center note is NOT a MIDI filter. The MIDI filters aren't ready yet. Check the help ;). Center note only means which note will have no pitch shifting effect ;)

Some of you guys should follow the Melda forum. It's not that far away.

dionenoid wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 pm Damn, i cannot edit some of the sounds i saved in MSF anymore. I can however edit them when i open them from Cubase, where i saved the EXACT same sounds. (only some of them unfortunately)

Thats not good.

Musicisbest wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:30 pm
dionenoid wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 pm Damn, i cannot edit some of the sounds i saved in MSF anymore. I can however edit them when i open them from Cubase, where i saved the EXACT same sounds. (only some of them unfortunately)

Thats not good.
I would be concerned with this, although I tried and could edit presets I made with the previous version. This said, there was a mention of an 'Edit' option that could be enabled or not which is offered so that sound set designers can prevent editing their patches. or something akin to that. You will definitively get more info about that in the Melda forum.

Couldn't try any further today. Only quickly tried the same thing again, edit the same sound i started with, saved it and i could still edit. But not the variations i made before with version 13.00.

It's no biggy, because i saved the best version in Cubase itself and when i open that i can still edit. But yeah, worth investigating further...i had some other save problems too, MSF didn't save all the settings for mix amount of the fx, but that seems to be okay with the new version.

I will do some more testing tomorrow...
More BPM please

Version 13.01 of the Melda plugins is now officially released. See in the Melda KVR forum for details.

mevla wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:22 pm Version 13.01 of the Melda plugins is now officially released. See in the Melda KVR forum for details.
Nice update

First online review for MSF has just appeared, here:

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2019/0 ... ta-review/

Quite a good one, I thought…

Return to “Instruments”