Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:16 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:00 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am Well the udpate made me want to try the demo so I downloaded and installed it. Oh sorry, your 30 day demo period is over. Oh I guess I demoed it at some point in the past. What a stupid f'n demo policy. They really don't want to make a sale huh? Apparently not if you can never ever try it again.
Just buy it. Trust me. It’s so worth it. 8)
Thing is I already have Monark. I'm always sort of on the fence about maybe buying Diva again as well. And I don't remember being blown away by the Legend when I first tried it. But I've changed my mind plenty of times about synths. I do sort of have an issue with a product that doesn't even give you the chance to take a second look at some point though. I mean it's just a stupid strategy for trying to sell something.
I demoed it already 2 times (but at the end i still prefer another Minimoog emulation....could change now with 8 voices).
Maybe the demo is not updated yet?

Loving dune 3 so obviously the comparisons will come up. The moog filters in dune and the legend are the same no? If not being more flexible in dune.

I often max out on the 16 voices in dune, 8 may not be enough to warrant another purchase

If you don't know what's the Legend, then you don't need it.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 am Seeing as Dune 3 has 3 virtual analog oscillators and a 24 dB Transistor Ladder filter model, is there anything sonically that The Legend can do that Dune 3 can't?
The filter doesn’t sound identical to the one in the Legend. The filter was implemented differently in Dune 3 by losing some of the quirks of the Model D version. This was confirmed by Rich earlier on this thread.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:16 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:00 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am Well the udpate made me want to try the demo so I downloaded and installed it. Oh sorry, your 30 day demo period is over. Oh I guess I demoed it at some point in the past. What a stupid f'n demo policy. They really don't want to make a sale huh? Apparently not if you can never ever try it again.
Just buy it. Trust me. It’s so worth it. 8)
Thing is I already have Monark. I'm always sort of on the fence about maybe buying Diva again as well. And I don't remember being blown away by the Legend when I first tried it. But I've changed my mind plenty of times about synths. I do sort of have an issue with a product that doesn't even give you the chance to take a second look at some point though. I mean it's just a stupid strategy for trying to sell something.
Other than the 8 voices, Legend is much more full featured than Monark. I never use Monark, except as Blocks instead Reaktor. Legend sounds a bit more detailed. TBH, they’re both very good, but when you make a pad in Legend... it’s something else. Definitely on par with RePro.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:16 pmI don't remember being blown away by the Legend when I first tried it.
Of course not, it's a Minimoog emulation so it's a given that it won't sound great.
I do sort of have an issue with a product that doesn't even give you the chance to take a second look at some point though. I mean it's just a stupid strategy for trying to sell something.
Right because there is nobody out there who would take advantage of that, is there? I've done it myself - used VSTs that do something random after 10 minutes to render out finished tracks - you just put up with it while you work, then close the project and re-open it to render. For the record, when I had the money I bought the plugins but when I needed them I was a bit poor.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It sounds great to me! It depends on what you expect it to sound!

Of course not, it's a Minimoog emulation so it's a given that it won't sound great.
catching the sarcasm here.

personally, I'm a Minimoog fan to the point I'm waiting on Moog Music to release another Minimoog D VSTi, meaning porting of their iOS app to desktop formats. and would gladly pay them as much as 99 for the job.

but I admit, I'm an overly nostalgic ass when it comes to synths. I'm still waiting for people to make ARP Quadra emulation, ARP Omni MK2, Moog Taurus, stuff like that.

hardly anyone needs those now, except for Joy Division and Genesis fans covered with cobweb and mold.
Last edited by Stringzy on Tue May 21, 2019 8:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

It's the best sounding VSTi to me, having it together with Dune 3 reminds me of the combo of Waldorf MicrowaveXT and Pulse+. One is a great sounding poly synth with a flexible engine and the other is a dedicated analog synth, both sounds amazing and complimenting each other nicely.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Waldorf Wavetables are great. I love the Blofield and still got my original PULSE :)

Thank you all for helping out with my questions :)

Stringzy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:59 am
There is no sarcasm I'm afraid! He meant it ;)
but I admit, I'm an overly nostalgic ass when it comes to synths. I'm still waiting for people to make ARP Quadra emulation, ARP Omni MK2, Moog Taurus, stuff like that.

hardly anyone needs those now, except for Joy Division and Genesis fans covered with cobweb and mold.
From the other vintage synths that I have except the Legend:
- Korg ARP Odyssey sounds great. I was playing with it yesterday and the first thing is lower the unison in some patches to about 3. It is really a great synth.
- RePro 5 and RePro 1 (monophonic) are great synths as well. They are completely different from Korg ARP and the Legend in character of course.

Now, I'm waiting for a Jupiter 8/10 and OB-X(a) from u-he or SA. I'm not sure if Urs is working on Jupiter but I heard that Richard is working on OB-X(a) from this thread or another one :D

EnGee wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 am
Stringzy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:59 am
There is no sarcasm I'm afraid! He meant it ;)

From the other vintage synths that I have except the Legend:
- Korg ARP Odyssey sounds great. I was playing with it yesterday and the first thing is lower the unison in some patches to about 3. It is really a great synth.
- RePro 5 and RePro 1 (monophonic) are great synths as well. They are completely different from Korg ARP and the Legend in character of course.

Now, I'm waiting for a Jupiter 8/10 and OB-X(a) from u-he or SA. I'm not sure if Urs is working on Jupiter but I heard that Richard is working on OB-X(a) from this thread or another one :D
Uhe isnt working on Jupiter and dont think he will ever will because there is Diva wich is sort of an emu of few vintage synths (including jupiter osc and filters). And seeing you for a long time here you should know that already? :-D sorry for shattering your dreams :-(

No Jupiter 8 from Urs, except maybe an updated module in Diva 2, when Diva 2 happens, if it happens.

But Jup-8 may come from Richard at some point.

Yes you both are right! Diva has some Jupiter elements, but I hoped for a complete emulation like the one Arturia did.

Roland did it already, and it's quite a lot better than Arturia's. :)

Return to “Instruments”