FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:17 am What do we have to do to get the update?
Can't you see the version here?

https://www.meldaproduction.com/download/plugins

13.01 beta.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:17 am What do we have to do to get the update?
It's tempting to be joking about this, ... although have you tried the provided link ?

So I have to go through the whole installation procedure again and make sure I install every plugin I own by them?

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 am So I have to go through the whole installation procedure again and make sure I install every plugin I own by them?
It's not a whole installation procedure. It's done in less than a minute (after downloading).

mevla wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 am So I have to go through the whole installation procedure again and make sure I install every plugin I own by them?
It's not a whole installation procedure. It's done in less than a minute (after downloading).
When I installed JUST MSF, it uninstalled all my other Melda plugins. So please don't tell me it's less than a minute.

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 am When I installed JUST MSF, it uninstalled all my other Melda plugins. So please don't tell me it's less than a minute.
It is less than a minute. Here I do a quick delete option and it deletes 234 plugins, then proceeds to install the new version, of all the plugins. Less than a minute. i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Linux Xubuntu 18.04 LTS - 16 GB RAM.

really happy to see the turbofilter beta module added - looking forward to seeing how that grows.

wagtunes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
I may have your intention wrong, but here's how I map a drum kit in one instance of MSF

(it's less annoying and convoluted than it appears, honest...)

1. Don't use the Generator tab (as you can't set the note range of individual Generators)
2. In the FX tab, place a Modular16 (or other modular, if you need more/less slots)
3. Enable MIDI Input for the Modular16 (right-click)
4. In each column of Modular16, place an instance of MSF
5. Set the note range of each MSF (by right-clicking the MSF you placed in Modular16)
6. In each MSF, build your sound!

If you don't need more than 6 slots, you can place MSF directly in the FX tab columns, rather than use a Modular (but you lose the ability to set oversampling individually for each instance)

So in beta 13.01 only adds turbofilter as a stereo filter , not a polyphonic one

ALso , the character and complexity parameters don't change anything ..I must be missing something
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

It looks to work like turboreverb in that those controls provide variables for the algorithms to use - seems the default "lowpass" algorithm doesn't use them.

it's still beta and the number of building blocks for creating your own filters is very small at the minute - click the "?" to the right of algorithm to see what's there to use currently.

I will add that playing with building algorithms has killed ableton live a couple of times for me now, so use with caution if you have anything you don't want to lose unsaved in your DAW.

Not sure what you means about it not being polyphonic as it's definitely running per-voice for me. Are you using the global turbofilter in FX rather than the one in the per-voice-fx section of generators?

n9research wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 pm Is there any way to map a drum kit using MDrummer? I'm not seeing anything?
I may have your intention wrong, but here's how I map a drum kit in one instance of MSF

(it's less annoying and convoluted than it appears, honest...)

1. Don't use the Generator tab (as you can't set the note range of individual Generators)
2. In the FX tab, place a Modular16 (or other modular, if you need more/less slots)
3. Enable MIDI Input for the Modular16 (right-click)
4. In each column of Modular16, place an instance of MSF
5. Set the note range of each MSF (by right-clicking the MSF you placed in Modular16)
6. In each MSF, build your sound!

If you don't need more than 6 slots, you can place MSF directly in the FX tab columns, rather than use a Modular (but you lose the ability to set oversampling individually for each instance)
Thanks. There is still one very big problem. Assigning a sound over a note range, there is no pitch follow. So my toms are all the same pitch from F2 to B2. So, the only way to get each tom at a separate pitch is to assign a single tom to each note and tune each by hand.

In any other sampler, assigning over a note range, each note would have a different pitch.

This is still not an ideal solution.

O.K. I missed it
I was looking under synthesis ( where the other filters reside ) ,found it under per voice fx
Eyeball exchanging

Hmmm . the turbofilter is exactly the same as a 12db bandpasspassfilter , when the saturation stage is not used and hp is bypassed
I can get them to cancel each other out ( when phase inverted )
So it seems that the same biquad filter blocks are used for every filter
Eyeball exchanging

Is that surprising to you? this is a beta and there are a few basic filter types in the algorithm section that we can use - but they all looked to be based on the filters we had before (lp/hp/allpass/shelving/peak/peak analog/notch/comb). We do get the analog control now which adds a different flavor of non-linearities over the saturation.

I expect we'll see more options added for building out algorithms over time.

Return to “Instruments”