Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 am
telecode wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 am So with massive X coming out, what are the odds of NI running a sale for Komplete updates/upgrades this summer? Id guess slim. Im on K8 atm, have been contemplating going for K12U instead of regular K12 to get some of the compressors as well, 1176, LA2A, mostly for vocal needs, trying to minimize my waves footprint.
I am pretty sure you will see a Sale starting june 1. It happens every year. Basically 50% off whatever the prices is of K12 . It adds up to about$20 more than last year's upgrade price but you get more stuff and Massive X . Seems a decent deal..
The current price to update from K11 to K12 is $199.
So for $99.50 on June 1!
I have no real use for Kontakt 6 nor for MassiveX.
But the price is low enough that I may just get it anyway. :)

Edit: So far I have only seen one instrument that requires K6.
Are there others?
NI Noire Piano needs K6 or the K6 Player

if you own UA specops and byome, and all the glitchmachines plugins, is it worth taking dive into UA sandman pro or fault.

reason:

3 plugin alliance/unfiltered audio effects are on sale today; dent 2, fault and sandman pro.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 am
telecode wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 am So with massive X coming out, what are the odds of NI running a sale for Komplete updates/upgrades this summer? Id guess slim. Im on K8 atm, have been contemplating going for K12U instead of regular K12 to get some of the compressors as well, 1176, LA2A, mostly for vocal needs, trying to minimize my waves footprint.
I am pretty sure you will see a Sale starting june 1. It happens every year. Basically 50% off whatever the prices is of K12 . It adds up to about$20 more than last year's upgrade price but you get more stuff and Massive X . Seems a decent deal..
The current price to update from K11 to K12 is $199.
So for $99.50 on June 1!
I have no real use for Kontakt 6 nor for MassiveX.
But the price is low enough that I may just get it anyway. :)

Edit: So far I have only seen one instrument that requires K6.
Are there others?
Might as well start on 30th May itself, which is Thursday. I have observed NI making some big announcements, releases and sales usually on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Also, last time it started around 30th May IIRC. Fingers crossed. :pray:

So far, Mallet Flux, Noire Piano and Play Series instruments need K6/K6 Player.

There are some Kontakt libraries that require the full version of Kontakt 6 popping up at kontakthub.com. Pyro by Ecliptiq Audio is one of them. I think I have seen at least one or two more.

Edit: Heavyocity NOVO Essentials is another one that requires K6/K6 Player. I think the anticipated sale is probably the time to go for the upgrade if you use Kontakt frequently.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Soundiron - Voice Of Wind - Adey requires K6 if I'm not mistaken.

WasteLand wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 am if you own UA specops and byome, and all the glitchmachines plugins, is it worth taking dive into UA sandman pro or fault.

reason:

3 plugin alliance/unfiltered audio effects are on sale today; dent 2, fault and sandman pro.
This question can be answered a few different ways - probably better by others than me! Ha!

I like both Sandman Pro and Fault because I got used to using them a bit before BYOME came out. Perhaps there is some / total overlap with BYOME but I am not sure how much as I haven't used BYOME much in a project. I can try and test later - hopefully someone else can chime in.

I love Sandman Pro. It places several modules of BYOME on one module instead of have to scroll through modules. Pretty much all the BYOME delay modules are in Sandman Pro, but easier to get to on Sandman. I guess an advantage of Byome is you can run, for example, Multitap and Instant Delay at same time, whereas in Sandman Pro you would have to choose one or the other. But personally I wouldn’t want to use several delays at same time any way.

The thing for me about Sandman Pro is that it’s easier to experiment with the delay just because how accessible everything is at once. Plus the sleep feature is so well done and easy to use compared to other plugins. If I were you, I’d buy (or demo) Sandman Pro, turn off all of your other delay plugins for a few days and really dive into it. It didn’t click for me how great of a plugin it is until I really explored it. That said, I don’t feel the sound of the plugin has much “character.” But if you want a glitchy, granular sort of delay, it’s great and easy to use. I have several GlichMachines plugins and the GUIs are not user-friendly in my opinion, except for Fracture XT, which means they just sit on my computer unused.
Last edited by yehboy1 on Mon May 20, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The new GUIs on some GlitchMachine plugins are mucho nicer! Convex and Subvert maybe? I cannot remember.

yehboy1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:50 pm I love Sandman Pro. It places several modules of BYOME on one module instead of have to scroll through modules. Pretty much all the BYOME delay modules are in Sandman Pro, but easier to get to on Sandman. I guess an advantage of Byome is you can run, for example, Multitap and Instant Delay at same time, whereas in Sandman Pro you would have to choose one or the other. But personally I wouldn’t want to use several delays at same time any way.

The thing for me about Sandman Pro is that it’s easier to experiment with the delay just because how accessible everything is at once. Plus the sleep feature is so well done and easy to use compared to other plugins. If I were you, I’d buy (or demo) Sandman Pro, turn off all of your other delay plugins for a few days and really dive into it. It didn’t click for me how great of a plugin it is until I really explored it. That said, I don’t feel the sound of the plugin has much “character.” But if you want a glitchy, granular sort of delay, it’s great and easy to use. I have several GlichMachines plugins and the GUIs are not user-friendly in my opinion, except for Fracture XT, which means they just sit on my computer unused.
thank you for answer, based on my own dabbling around with byome and glitchmachines, and i have reaktor too..., i could do the things i want... i see the plus signs for fault or dent 2 or sandman pro, but, in my case, too much overlap, or i could make it in byome or specops or reaktor...

your answer, especially as you say, all modules are in byome, and i have great "normal" delays, and for sounddesign, again byome/specops/reaktor.

yes glitchmachines aren't that user friendly i agree, but there very mappable, via automap, so they very useable for me (the big matrix, of which one was what it?, can't be mapped, and quadrant is quasi-mappable, but stil). they are converting there GUI's, resizeable, which is a great, palindrome and convex i believe, the others will follow.

your answer helps me decide, no, i will not, maybe a next time. they are cheap now, but i already bought in bulk.... the last months...

yes, the sleep function is great, but i think it can be mimicked. i think, it can, i only must do it, and in a way, one of the glitchmachines plugins can also do it, little bit different. i am not in my studio so... there are one or 2 things that are great about sandman, and as whole or extension, it is great, but ow i am repeating myself, too much overlap.

for me the glitchmachines plugins do work, although they must be tamed...

again, thank you!
dandezebra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:53 pm The new GUIs on some GlitchMachine plugins are mucho nicer! Convex and Subvert maybe? I cannot remember.
yes i agree, i have 3 screens, two with lower than FHD resolution, especially for native instruments and korg, and more small GUI's, still it is hard to read. but they are in the process of transforming every plugin. convex, yes, if i remember correctly and palindrome. most of the plugins i can use quite well, some, even with maps, are sometimes difficult, to look for the right routing, or modulation.

and there will be new plugin, triad, it can take a long time, that is more interesting for me i think.

EDIT: i think the 3 plugins are great, but i have reaktor on my laptop, with the toybox audio packs and euro reakt pack, with those you can mimic it your own way. not as easy and perhaps some features will work differently, but for me no prob. the basic things they can do, i have soft-modular fx for.

still tempting, i get that you love sandman pro, another time perhaps for now, it is a challenge to do it in reaktor for example.

Modern Analog - new VPS AVENGER Expansion

- -= Intro Sale Ending Today =- -

Last chance to save 50% on this new VPS Avenger expansion pack.
In a few hours time it will go up to its regular price.

Here is what Modern Analog sounds like:
http://y2u.be/yDWJw41H5B0

Modern Analog and Sapphire saver bundle - two VPS AVENGER expansions saver bundle - sale ending today

KVR review of the Sapphire expansion:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=467127&p=7125410&hi ... n#p7125410
Links to reviews in the description of the Youtube walkthrough video for Sapphire:
http://y2u.be/YKteSG3Brrs
(More demos of expansion on the Youtube channel).

available here: www.BansawCrown.com

Uncle E when will end the Rob Papen sale ?

hivkorn wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 pm Uncle E when will end the Rob Papen sale ?
It’s scheduled to end May 31, although I am going to check on that because I saw dealers in Europe advertising it as ending June 11.

Uncle E wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 pm
hivkorn wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 pm Uncle E when will end the Rob Papen sale ?
It’s scheduled to end May 31, although I am going to check on that because I saw dealers in Europe advertising it as ending June 11.
How many plug-ins have been added since version 4?

Ryan99 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 pm How many plug-ins have been added since version 4?
It currently consists of 20 plugins:

Go2, RAW-Kick, MasterMagic, RP-EQ, BLUE-II, Predator 2, Predator-FX, RG, RAW, SubBoomBass 2, RP-Verb 2, RP-Delay, RP-Distort, AMOD, Punch, Punch-BD, Blade, RP-Reverse, Vecto, Prisma

Also, I think I saw something about another plugin being added this summer.

Ryan99 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 pm How many plug-ins have been added since version 4?
The additions since v4 are: Go2, MasterMagic, Raw-Kick (derived from Raw), Vecto, RP-Reverse (derived from a module in RP-Verb 2).

Then there will be the new VA synth sometime next month.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”