Would you buy a (korg gadget style VST) collection of Reason 10s devices?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

Would you buy a (korg gadget style VST) collection of Reason 10s devices?

Yes!
43%
No..
57%

Total votes: 30

RELATED
PRODUCTS

So lets say Propellerhead release a VST collection of their Rack devices as VST Form, similar to what they did with Europa.

This could contain..

- Dr OctoRex
- Europa
- Grain
- Thor
- Subtractor
- Maelstrom
etc

Would you buy it?
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon May 20, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

No, because I have equivalents of all that stuff in my DAW already and they’d lack all the interconnection goodness of Reason outside of Reason.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

No, because I love them in Reason and I like to keep it that way.

Though they could/should make a vst version of Grain..

xfyjjkhjhiolmkllllll
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewire is great as is - a new adopter of Reason can plunk down $300 or so and get more devices and effects than they could ever want, have one of the best pitch adjusting tools instantly, and learn a bit about about hardware at the same time. There's always been a lot to love about Reason as-is, its always had the greatest appeal to new purchasers.

I've never felt Propellerhead needed to add VSTs to Reason, nor do I feel they need to release their devices as VSTs (or focus their future efforts on 4k or scaling assets, or updating devices) - in fact I feel that hurt more than helped as that time could have been better spend on what I outlined below -- it would have cemented RE devs and long-time customers to the cause. I'd take an RE over a VST any day. There's still time...
Have you tried Vital?

I didn't buy Korg Gadget, nor will I ever. That would be a clear answer. When I buy a VST device, I want a fully developed device, not some kind of "light" version of something.
Fernando (FMR)

Jace-BeOS wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 am No, because I have equivalents of all that stuff in my DAW already and they’d lack all the interconnection goodness of Reason outside of Reason.
What's your equivalents for Malstrom and Dr OctaRex, out of interest?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

No. Although I wouldn't mind receiving the VST versions of REs I already own for use in Bitwig or Cubase 😉
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I would definitely pick up Scream4

Grain for sure as vst and also Scales/Chords and Dual Arpeggio Player. I can see as a benefit for RE to have a vst version.

I would prefer if Reason just included a Rack or Combinator VST that could host all their devices and REs.

But if they released all the devices as individual VSTs I'd get that as the second best option.

ReWire doesn't work for audio effects, only synths. There's no way to use a rewired Neptune or Alligator on an audio track in Ableton.
Last edited by PeterP_swe on Tue May 21, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterP_swe wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 am I would prefer if Reason just included a Rack or Combinator VST that could host all their devices and REs.

But if they released all the devices as individual VSTs I'd get that as the second best option.

ReWire doesn't work for audio effects, only synths. There's no way to use a rewired Nepture or Alligator on an audio track in Ableton.
Same - just release them as VST

^^^ +1 would look like as SerumFX (one single rack) just with cables
at its back, or as Plugmon Massive Modular

I really like cables :D and miss them in other hosts
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:48 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 am No, because I have equivalents of all that stuff in my DAW already and they’d lack all the interconnection goodness of Reason outside of Reason.
What's your equivalents for Malstrom and Dr OctaRex, out of interest?
Actually, nothing directly comparable, but several Reaktor ensembles handle wavetable synthesis and loop mangling. I should’ve mentioned Reaktor, rather than my DAW alone.

Since I have Reason, I can use all of its devices alongside my DAW when desired. My key interest in Reason devices is their modular routability, and a plug-in version of them in my DAW wouldn’t be nearly as interesting as their native Reason versions. Reason is still very unique in this way and VST/AudioUnit formats don’t provide that modularity in DAWs (even with a modular plugin chainer, the connections are simplistic: MIDI, L/R audio in/output, sidechain, if you’re lucky).

I wish Logic had a modular workflow (that doesn’t mean the primitive GUI of the Environment), but again, I have other stuff for that.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Having the whole rack as a VST would be useful though, so I can take all my CV wired Combinators with some of the high end Rack Extension into another DAW. Would make it smoother than Rewire, especially if they added 2-way Midi.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”