Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 pm
jens wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:06 pm

lol

If I was in the minority they wouldn't do it like this. They are not the salvation army, you know? :dog:
You seem to be the only one carrying a pitchfork, it must be you?
"Carrying a pitchfork"??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a hopelessly pathetic fanboi could come up with that in the context of the reality of this thread and I don't waste my precious time on these so bye. :-)

Just one last thing: it's pure gold how you sing a completely different song over in the Propellerheads thread where your apparent angst made me fear you might end up harming yourself or something... I bet you have a lot of friends.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:15 pm
ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 pm
jens wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:06 pm

lol

If I was in the minority they wouldn't do it like this. They are not the salvation army, you know? :dog:
You seem to be the only one carrying a pitchfork, it must be you?
"Carrying a pitchfork"??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a hopelessly pathetic fanboi could come up with that in the context of the reality of this thread and I don't waste my precious time on these so bye. :-)

Just one last thing: it's pure gold how you sing a completely different song over in the Propellerheads thread where your apparent angst made me fear you might end up harming yourself or something... I bet you have a lot of friends.
Whining about free updates, doesn't get any more pathetic then that. I believe most of us appreciate free incremental updates.

mgw38 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:53 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:55 pm Bitwig is NOT a paid subscription model.
The by far most impressive thing about Bitwig is that they actually managed that their core user base believes that spin. ;) :lol: It does not auto renew, but other than that it actually is a paid maintenance subscription very similar to the Pro Tools model.

If you take out the DAWs with free lifetime upgrades, Studio One has one of the lowest costs of ownership. I am not using it much as it does not have any stand out features that I need. But it is one of the nicest and most complete DAWs and I am really looking forward to what is being announced tomorrow.
Facts are not spin, you are simply incorrect and spreading misinformation which isn’t helpful to other KVR users. The version you buy is yours forever, includes a years updates and all bug fixes (and small updates) after that their is no subscription, you update/pay when you want. You don’t pay for maintenance....it is nothing like pro tools, it is not subscription which requires you to keep paying to use you software.

From the Bitwig site

What happens when my Upgrade Plan runs out?
You own a perpetual Bitwig Studio license, meaning that your license will never expire and you can continue using the software in its current state for all eternity

https://www.bitwig.com/en/shop/renew
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

reggie1979 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:10 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:03 pm :shock:

Not my experience.
What isn't?
Nothing against you, but I don't believe they have been very progressive when it comes to updates. It was years ago that I bought a copy and they never had significant updates but presonus has been busy since they released 3.
I use Studio One and Bitwig as my main DAws (switched from Cubase and Live which I still own and use occasionally) and I can honestly say in my 20 years of using DAws the most impressive and most frequent updates have come from Bitwig - every 3 or 4 months we have had pretty impressive updates with significant new features, check the change log from V2 to V3, it’s pretty impressive! That said, it totally depends on if the features introduced are useful to you! I find Bitwig compliments Studio One perfectly for modular, clips, experimental, sound design etc, but it certainly doesn’t replace a fully featured linear DAW (but it comprehensively replaced Live for me)

There have been 22 released updates since V2, We are now on V3 beta which is a massive update (the grid), I have paid for only update since buying Bitwig (sale price 130 USD) and have had all 22 updates and if V3 comes our before July I will get that free as well. I consider that good value. I also consider Studio One good value, Cubase paid .5 updates not so much and I didn’t bother paying for the Live 10 update (I have 9 suite) but willlook again when they release 11 (hopefully not In 5 years!)

https://www.bitwig.com/en/previous_releases
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I hope the new plugin manager doesn't replace the existing one forcing me to start again with organising plugins - took me ages to set it up how I like it. I think the current one is one of the best in any host already, not sure why a new one was needed.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 am I hope the new plugin manager doesn't replace the existing one forcing me to start again with organising plugins - took me ages to set it up how I like it. I think the current one is one of the best in any host already, not sure why a new one was needed.
No idea, I guess we'll find out in a few hours. But there's a file in the settings folder named PluginPresentation.settings that you can backup to prevent losing your tedious work in that regard. Just make sure to quit Studio One before copying it back there. Same with RecentDocuments.settings for the recent files lists.

I hope the plugin manager isn's as much work as the one in Cubase.

SLiC wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 am Facts are not spin, you are simply incorrect and spreading misinformation which isn’t helpful to other KVR users. The version you buy is yours forever, includes a years updates and all bug fixes (and small updates) after that their is no subscription, you update/pay when you want. You don’t pay for maintenance....it is nothing like pro tools, it is not subscription which requires you to keep paying to use you software.
It is exactly like the Pro Tools maintenance plan. You also do not lose your perpetual license if you cancel that subscription. Only difference is that Pro-Tools charges you a penalty if you restart an expired maintenance plan. And they have a full software subscription model as well. But that is not what I was talking about.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:56 am
SLiC wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 am Facts are not spin, you are simply incorrect and spreading misinformation which isn’t helpful to other KVR users. The version you buy is yours forever, includes a years updates and all bug fixes (and small updates) after that their is no subscription, you update/pay when you want. You don’t pay for maintenance....it is nothing like pro tools, it is not subscription which requires you to keep paying to use you software.
It is exactly like the Pro Tools maintenance plan. You also do not lose your perpetual license if you cancel that subscription. Only difference is that Pro-Tools charges you a penalty if you restart an expired maintenance plan. And they have a full software subscription model as well. But that is not what I was talking about.
So you own the product witout paying or needing any type of subscription- there is nothing more to pay 'ever' unless you want to pay to buy new features.

Its an 'optional' upgrade plan that can be taken (or not) anytime. So by definition, its not a subscription that is required to use the product and you can use it like any other DAW just buying upgrades when you want them.

Unlike Pro tools You do not pay for maintenance updates/bug fixes for any version, ever and there is no penelty for not upgrading for 3 years and then buy the plan and get everying + 1 year in the future.

Seems like a good deal to me and more like NI Komplete updates than subscription (I am still on Komplete 9 and dont feel like updating yet and I went 6 months witout upgrading Bitwig before they relased new features that wwere worth the update to me- as it happems I will alos get V3 free which is a hell of a bonus considering I was only paying for waht was already available to use at the time)

ricknaqvi wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:54 pm We have a full webcast planned tomorrow at 10am CST.

Hope you can join us!

Tuesday, May 21
10am CST
https://www.facebook.com/PreSonus/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7W...gp0QI9R61RWz0w

Thank you Rick :tu:

If my math is correct, less than 2 hours left...

Don't remember from the past, the update was available immediately or after a few days?

ricknaqvi wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:54 pm We have a full webcast planned tomorrow at 10am CST.

Hope you can join us!

Tuesday, May 21
10am CST
https://www.facebook.com/PreSonus/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7W...gp0QI9R61RWz0w

That youtube link is busted.

I think this is the correct link: https://youtu.be/AClroPUVv_w

jens wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:40 am I certainly hope that's not the real complete changelog for V4.5. This looks a lot like one of those Reaper update-lists, where with the majority of entries you don't even have a clue what the heck it all means (except with Reaper you get one of these mystery-lists every few days).

I had high hopes that they would finally implement the long overdue and much requested mixer-snapshots in V4.5 - that would a feature worthy of a .5 designation.
We're about to find out...

Studio One version 4.5. You asked for it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”