kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_ZzaJ_ wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:18 pm Really insane, def gonna buy it.
Is it out?

No

_Zzaj_ is actually communicating with us from a month in the future when both Phase Plant and MASSIVE X have been released
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:27 pm _Zzaj_ is actually communicating with us from a month in the future when both Phase Plant and MASSIVE X have been released
Arggghhhhhh.... which is better Zzaj?

simmo75 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 pm
Is it out?
Yes

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:55 pm
simmo75 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 pm
Is it out?
Yes
Thanks lightening! :lol:

Oy! PhasePlant is a beast. I was checking out Venus Theory's delicious psybient patch for it. I wouldn't have been able to construct it myself. 21 modules? 9 effects? Waaaaaay out of my league. It is fun deconstructing patches, though. Some are just so complex.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

My only complaint is that the oscillators can’t be mod sources. I mean, if you’re going to call yourself a modular synth…
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:25 am My only complaint is that the oscillators can’t be mod sources. I mean, if you’re going to call yourself a modular synth…
You can use the oscs as audio rate modulators in the voice structure.

Prediction: Somewhere along the way Kilohearts will add an arp/seq like Diversion or Thorn to Phaseplant. (I was going to say like Pigments but their arp/seq is lacking in features).
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:59 am Prediction: Somewhere along the way Kilohearts will add an arp/seq like Diversion or Thorn to Phaseplant. (I was going to say like Pigments but their arp/seq is lacking in features).
I'd say Pigments arpeggiator is pretty sweet, and it can output MIDI to other plugins.

Boy Wonder wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:59 am Prediction: Somewhere along the way Kilohearts will add an arp/seq like Diversion or Thorn to Phaseplant. (I was going to say like Pigments but their arp/seq is lacking in features).
Yes that's the obvious next step and many users have been asking for it.

Personally I would love a whole MIDI layer with sequencers, MIDI effects, etc.

Pierb's reply appeared as I was typing mine this morning. If anyone is still confused, here's a screenshot of the Oscillator in the top group showing the PLUS icon and link modulating cutoff in the group below.
Even so, it's still confusing that you can also make an OSC VCO modulate itself too; e.g. Harmonic, Shift, Phase but unlike an LFO (and the other modulators) you can not make your phaseplant voice oscillators modulate Envelope parameters :?
pierb wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:07 am
zerocrossing wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:25 am My only complaint is that the oscillators can’t be mod sources. I mean, if you’re going to call yourself a modular synth…
You can use the oscs as audio rate modulators in the voice structure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have a serious problem and I don't understand it as I have purchased Kiloheartz products before. The installer won't run. It opens and then immediately closes. It won't even run as administrator. Plus, I can't even find a support email to write to.

Help!

wagtunes wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:26 pm I have a serious problem and I don't understand it as I have purchased Kiloheartz products before. The installer won't run. It opens and then immediately closes. It won't even run as administrator. Plus, I can't even find a support email to write to.

Help!
Windows, right? I had a similar problem with the installer once and I believe what I did is delete the Kilohearts folder in ProgramData and that fixed it. It's possible I'm misremembering and there is additional Kilohearts installer data somewhere else that I deleted, but it's worth a shot. You could always move that folder somewhere else and put it back if it doesn't help.

edit: Also info@kilohearts.com if you can't get it sorted on your own
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Instruments”