Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Much success for you and your customers.

I have two motherboards in service, with six operating systems
on various drives used at some point every week.
A Fathom Pro folder is on three of those systems.

Protection based on the motherboard is fine by me.

In the age of sailing the seas to discover new worlds,
a Captain heard the lookout yell, "Land ho!"
Soon thereafter, they sailed into debris from another explorers ship.
The captain immediately ordered extra watches covering all directions,
and readied their weapons and defenses.

Fathom is at the 'Land ho' moment, on the virge of offering
serious gpu power, excellent optimizations, and flexible sound system,
that will set it apart from many competitors, bringing a powerhouse synth
to computers of more modest specs, but having a supported graphics card.

Vigilance and defense are called for. I believe
the quality of the synth as it is now, portends well to the quality
of the next copy-protections. The developer communicates with us,
listening, discussing, and informing. Very few such people are left.
Support them while you can, and enjoy the Fathom synth as it
gains capabilities rare in the marketplace.
Cheers

BBFG# wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:47 pm Much success for you and your customers.
Same for Starbucks customers! I know several who buy a morning coffee
every workday. Easily $100 a month, not counting the biscotti!
That is what the earlier morning coffee post was referencing. Fathom
and most quality synths are a bargain for all who love making music :hyper:
Cheers

FathomSynth wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 pm Yes, I realize everyone gets punished, and so do I because now I have to maintain a licensing system instead of zipping up release.

So my own time suffers a hundred times more than any one else's.

But, guess what, life is not fair. Seriously, it really isn't.

Do we all, honest people, suffer because a small percentage of people use hacked software, and so we have to contend with licence managers, yes we do, absolutely I agree with you. And I agree software licensing is complete and utter agony, and would not life be great if it was not necessary.

The problem is (I have discovered the hard way) that it is necessary.

The problem is that outside of KVR people that use software for free is not a small percentage.

Does it make sense to cancel the project because we are afraid of machine locked licenses? No! that would be crazy.

Just count your blessings that I will not be using a hardware USB system!
Sorry to write that, but these quotes are simple truisms for people who don't want to see and deny, that something is deeply wrong with the salesman customer relation in this business. I know there are a lot simple minds who swallow this junk
But you continue offending my and the common sense of equity.

If you think you must not be fair in a contract (Nothing else is the business between you and me) we signed due to selling and paying the software you and your allies withdraw the basis of lawful business.

mgw38 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:27 pm
FathomSynth wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 pm Please don't forget that I'm a musician myself and I have installed fifty plugins on my own system, and I know better then anyone the pain and agony of a licensing system which is either too complex or too restrictive or only allows one license.
That is almost cute. Try 2800. :lol:
Ring that liberty bell :hyper:
Not many in Caracas have 2800, 50, 5, or even a decent breakfast :scared:

As others have said, do whatever you feel you need to do to keep going.

As a Fathom Pro customer I have absolutely no problem with anything you have proposed, and I look forward to seeing the next chapter unfold :tu:

I only had Fathom mono on one system. Was planning to buy by the 29th as long as everything was going as smoothly as it seemed.
I'm sure this will be a great synth. Unfortunately the proposed system is one that I've had with others that always worked great on the install and then somehow gets lost by the system over time. (I'm assuming this is similar to the Korg and Karma methods?) Eventually, I end up not using them because of that. Not even on any of my systems anymore. So I'll just stop and delete mono now and wish you all the best.
And yes, we drink Starbucks almost daily and it runs me about $12 a month.

I'm out, but need to say that this new method is unnecessary and many companies are already doing well without these measures, with all respect, if you want to stop the crackers and think that this will create more legit users, that is questionable, The pirates will just go and continue doing their activities getting others even.

BBFG# wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 pm And yes, we drink Starbucks almost daily and it runs me about $12 a month.
Plain SB coffee in U.S. runs around $2 a cup, 21 workdays a month,
almost daily = 16? = $32 Maybe you're buying packages of
starbucks coffee grounds at Costco, or a drive-thru in Egypt?
That might (wisely) be around $12

The SB non-plain-coffee menu items are in the $3, $4, or $5 range.
To be fair, I try and get the tastiest deluxe synths at the
plain caffeine bean prices. The future Fathom 'coffee' will have
caramel, stawberry puree', creme from a live cow, and enough caffeine
to power a i9 laptop for two years :hyper: :-o :hyper:

JunSev wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 pm I'm out, but need to say that this new method is unnecessary and many companies are already doing well without these measures, with all respect, if you want to stop the crackers and think that this will create more legit users, that is questionable, The pirates will just go and continue doing their activities getting others even.
There are code pirates that are more problematic than license pirates.

glokraw wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:48 pm
BBFG# wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 pm And yes, we drink Starbucks almost daily and it runs me about $12 a month.
Plain SB coffee in U.S. runs around $2 a cup, 21 workdays a month,
almost daily = 16? = $32 Maybe you're buying packages of
starbucks coffee grounds at Costco, or a drive-thru in Egypt?
That might (wisely) be around $12

The SB non-plain-coffee menu items are in the $3, $4, or $5 range.
To be fair, I try and get the tastiest deluxe synths at the
plain caffeine bean prices. The future Fathom 'coffee' will have
caramel, stawberry puree', creme from a live cow, and enough caffeine
to power a i9 laptop for two years :hyper: :-o :hyper:
Yes, Starbucks Sumatra is about $4 a bag on sale at our local grocery store. Anyone that buys the daily brew from their store isn't very bright or at the very least, extremely lazy. I mean, what's easier than making coffee?

It's just a bad analogy however it gets poured.

I might have missed the answer but I'll asked again does the new system require connecting every time the plugin or a project containing the plugin is loaded ? Or is it a simple one time connection for license authorization ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:36 am I might have missed the answer but I'll asked again does the new system require connecting every time the plugin or a project containing the plugin is loaded ? Or is it a simple one time connection for license authorization ?
No, it looks like it's a one-time connection, or if you do the C/R though the email method, no connection needed at all.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

No offense but I'd like to hear it from the developer to be sure but if that's the case I'm fine with a one time connection if that's what has to be done. I don't do email on my studio computer so rather than transfer files just letting it connect one time would be easier.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Issue resolved by refund. Thank you FathomSynth.
Last edited by jbarish on Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”