Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm Who cares? His family and friends, I'd guess. I've known more than my share of od deaths. There's nothing remotely romantic about them.
Didn't he die with a hooker? That's a hell of a lot more fun way to go than slipping, breaking your hip and dying in a plain white lysol smelling hospital room surrounded by hospital staff to whom you are just another meaningless number in the screwed up hospital system. Nothing romantic about that either.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 pm
Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm Who cares? His family and friends, I'd guess. I've known more than my share of od deaths. There's nothing remotely romantic about them.
Didn't he die with a hooker? That's a hell of a lot more fun way to go than slipping, breaking your hip and dying in a plain white lysol smelling hospital room surrounded by hospital staff to whom you are just another meaningless number in the screwed up hospital system. Nothing romantic about that either.
He died of a heart attack induced by coke.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 pm
And an unidentified female companion at 3am. No?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

It doesn't really matter to me. And the thought of a wealthy rock star dying in the way you describe is a bit silly. Again, I wonder how his family reacted to the news, especially since he was, as you say, occupied.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Psuper wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 pm Good thing I'm patient and almost never need official support, because the impatient might bust a vein trying to get support with Steinberg:

Order Cubase Pro10 crossgrade download. Steinberg shop automatically adds USB e-licenser to the order.
Pay, thanks. Excitement!
Wait for shipping info. none.
Check website and email every day, for 4 days, nothing.
Submit Steinberg support ticket. Receive autoresponse it will be 2 business days. 2 days later, nothing.
Web Chat from Steinberg website support. "Joel" says "How can I help you?" I state my issue, no response. State it over and over for 20 minutes while I hear nothing from Joel, chat ends.
Register in Forum, state my issue. Autoresponse says mods "approve" first. 2 hours later, nothing.
Call Steinberg, state my issue, get told Asknet is who I need to speak with as they run the online shop.
Call Asknet, goes to voicemail and I leave a message with my info. 3 hours later (now), nothing.
Email Asknet opening a ticket. Receive autoresponse it will be 2 business days. Waiting.

Pitiful. Seriously.

Edit: finally spoke to Asknet - Steinberg is out of usb e-licensers, might be week or two. Neat.
I got my dongle and licence within 24 hours of ordering last week. I ordered mine from Music Matter.

Anyway that’s some pretty poor customer service. Imagine if you were in the middle of a time critical mega bucks production for Netflix and you needed urgently support for an issue. And they were making you go round in circles like that.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Psuper wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 pm Edit: finally spoke to Asknet - Steinberg is out of usb e-licensers, might be week or two. Neat.
Annoying, I'm in the same boat. It would be nice with at least some status notifications.

you can buy one anywhere, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, all the outlets. Probably Amazon for that matter.
Last one I bought was from Sweetwater, they were out of the Steinberg - 27 bucks - but had the Vienna Key which is the exact same product, costing like 2 dollars more with a little soft coffin for the thing. And since they were out of the former they sold me the latter for the same price.

lengro wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 pm
Psuper wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 pm Edit: finally spoke to Asknet - Steinberg is out of usb e-licensers, might be week or two. Neat.
Annoying, I'm in the same boat. It would be nice with at least some status notifications.
Update:

Look at Amazon prime, no USB keys. Shipping in one week minimum.
Call local Guitar Center. No keys.
Go back to Amazon, order key arriving sometime next week.
Eat.
Asknet Email arrives, key ships, likely also next week arrival.

This is where I mention it's not always about the journey.
Have you tried Vital?

telecode wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 pm
Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 pm
And an unidentified female companion at 3am. No?
No, she was a stripper who was a groupie and who teamed up with him whenever they were in town - so not a prostitute and not unidentified but instead rather something akin to a friend with benefits.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Wait, I think I've lost the train of the conversation. Is Steinberg including Hookers and Blow with Cubase Pro now? Haven't installed my update yet, I better get on it.

e@rs wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:03 pmAs I said in the original post about the guys, I meant DNB legends (same caliber as Front 242 or NIN for Industrial). But indeed, DNB is not exactly the most popular genre...
NIN have had two no. 1 albums in the US and have sold over 10 million albums in total. They are actual legends. These days F242 are just a bit sad which has tarnished their status a little.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I could crossgrade from Reason as I own V7.01 to get Cubase Pro 10 for £164, but honestly... I can't see the justification to have yet another commercial DAW to pay to keep up to date which really isn't too dissimilar to the angle that Studio One takes. Overall, I found Cubase when I did trial it some months ago, for it to be really quite long in the tooth, i.e dated, clunky in GUI terms and workflow wise as I recall from memory. Call me sceptical, but I can't help feeling that there's catch coming with Steinberg doing this half price offer...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

There's no catch. Just be aware of their update schedule and pricing and you won't have any surprises.

usually the 'catch' is a major update is in the works so it is a money grab at the end of cycle and the lot that buy in will be up for a new 'bill' to upgrade their product to current. not saying steinberg is playing this game and it is only speculation on my part but this has happened many times with software of all types (not just audio) and their respective companies. actually quite a common business practice across the board with the advent of computers and software based product to boost revenue and recover costs of development.

but then again... if you have noticed all the plugin companies (even the ones that don't have support plans) have been selling things really dirt cheap... for example Waves and Plugin Alliance and their $29 deals lol kinda makes me wonder if the wave of new young 'producers' is tapering off and retail sales have dwindled. it is quite absurd for a product that has been selling for say $199 for years and no sales are all of a sudden pennies on the dollar and offered at this low price over and over.

remember companies are in it to make money and they need that money to continue and to spread among investors... i have had a feeling for a year or so now that the market is saturated with home producers and many have what they need and are not spending as they did. these dirt cheap sales bring in new clients and new money.

again this is just my opinion and merely speculation but food for thought. none the less i am debating on biting on the bait lol cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

It looks to me like everybody is scrambling for cash flow. VSL just put a 'SHOP' link in Synchron Player.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”