Propellerhead Software Names Niklas Agevik as CEO

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Psuper wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 pm
ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:13 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:05 pm Do you think this smells as Gibson?
The reason Presonus and Studio One are so successful is because they're run by musicians first.

Not video game connoisseurs or business entrepreneurs.
I'm a musician (semi-serious), business entrepreneur (can retire when I want to), and video game connoisseur (semi-serious) and highly successful in all 3 -- as I'm sure anyone could be if they have the aptitude, desire, and follow-through.

Many people wear many hats for the job, sometimes all of them at once due to overlapping skills - their 'background' doesn't dictate success, their passion, ability to learn from failures, and future assessments do.
It's all about where the heart is, something real musicians understand deeply.

To me it doesn't smell like Gibson. Who knows, it might be a good thing.

I am worried about a bunch of icrap coming out though.

Psuper wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 pm
ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:13 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:05 pm Do you think this smells as Gibson?
The reason Presonus and Studio One are so successful is because they're run by musicians first.

I'm a musician (semi-serious), business entrepreneur (can retire when I want to), and video game connoisseur (semi-serious) and highly successful in all 3 -- as I'm sure anyone could be if they have the aptitude, desire, and follow-through.

Many people wear many hats for the job, sometimes all of them at once due to overlapping skills - their 'background' doesn't dictate success, their passion, ability to learn from failures, and future assessments do.
I am a highly unsuccessful musician, business entrepreneur, video game connoisseur and big time IT guy. However, I am a highly successful beer, tequila and wine connoisseur and plan to retire and drink all day. Many people wear many hats, but I wear one very very well. :party:
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Stop it, I'm trying to quit drinking!

ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:13 pm The reason Presonus and Studio One are so successful is because they're run by musicians first.

It's just as likely you're making a gross mischaracterization. Don't think for a second that Presonus aren't run by people who know how to run a business first. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:22 pm
ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:13 pm The reason Presonus and Studio One are so successful is because they're run by musicians first.

It's just as likely you're making a gross mischaracterization. Don't think for a second that Presonus aren't run by people who know how to run a business first. ;)
That's odd, because if you visit their website or read any of their literature it speaks of completely opposite of your view.

Here's just an example, you'll find plenty more.

"Music is our life. PreSonus is our day job."

Have you not heard of "spin". Maybe they do like music (find me anyone who says they don't) but that doesn't mean that PreSonus isn't run like a business. Some businesses do well at keeping focused on a higher ideal - like making the world a better place for users. Sadly many fall for making their house a better place for themselves - in the short term as sooner or later the world realize that there are better options.

:-)

Benedict wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:11 pm Have you not heard of "spin". Maybe they do like music (find me anyone who says they don't) but that doesn't mean that PreSonus isn't run like a business. Some businesses do well at keeping focused on a higher ideal - like making the world a better place for users. Sadly many fall for making their house a better place for themselves - in the short term as sooner or later the world realize that there are better options.

Pretty bold statement calling them out as liars. You might want to actually research their backgrounds.

Seems silly to argue about such things.

Wait, it's KVR! :lol:

ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:43 pm
Benedict wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:11 pm Have you not heard of "spin". Maybe they do like music (find me anyone who says they don't) but that doesn't mean that PreSonus isn't run like a business. Some businesses do well at keeping focused on a higher ideal - like making the world a better place for users. Sadly many fall for making their house a better place for themselves - in the short term as sooner or later the world realize that there are better options.

Pretty bold statement calling them out as liars.
Pretty stupid to believe every advertising slogan.

Not that i think they're not enthusiastic about what they're doing, but... it's surely a business, like everywhere else.

ictools wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Pretty bold statement calling them out as liars. You might want to actually research their backgrounds.
I didn't call anyone a liar (but you seem pretty forward with accusations).

Spin does not have to mean lies. It merely means putting things in the best/most relevant light. Probably they are/were musicians or DAW users but it doesn't mean that they don't run their business practically. Most people seem happy with their DAW so perhaps they do keep users in mind more than short-term profits that lead to corporate face-plant.

I'm with Reggie tho, this is all really silly as we know not what is about to happen and already people are acting like they are being ripped off and the world is ending. KVR or not it is not building anything (except perhaps some unnecessary DAW purchases - which may explain why this happens - stool pigeons! :scared: )

Interestingly, I own and use Studio One. I like it, It has lots of Innovative features, and it does some old tricks in interesting ways. I gotta tell you though, when I have it up in front of me, It does not strike me particularly as the sort of software that was created by folks who are "musicians first". In fact I would say that it strikes me as software designed by people who are "engineers first". Not always a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination, but if you tell me that one of the 2 DAWs is designed by a corporate bureaucracy, and the other by musicians, I'm gonna pick Reason as the one designed by musicians, with all that is both good and bad with that eventuality.

But whatever, It's not like we're having a rational discussion or anything. players gonna play, haters gonna hate (God, did I just paraphrase a Taylor Swift song, I need a drink)

ShawnG wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:52 pm Interestingly, I own and use Studio One. I like it, It has lots of Innovative features, and it does some old tricks in interesting ways. I gotta tell you though, when I have it up in front of me, It does not strike me particularly as the sort of software that was created by folks who are "musicians first". In fact I would say that it strikes me as software designed by people who are "engineers first". Not always a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination, but if you tell me that one of the 2 DAWs is designed by a corporate bureaucracy, and the other by musicians, I'm gonna pick Reason as the one designed by musicians, with all that is both good and bad with that eventuality.

But whatever, It's not like we're having a rational discussion or anything. players gonna play, haters gonna hate (God, did I just paraphrase a Taylor Swift song, I need a drink)
Yep. And since Reason was modeled after hardware, which the vast majority of "musicians" used for decades before DAWs, and professionals still swear by, its the only software that I'd guess was created by musicians.
Have you tried Vital?

S1 has some great features (as most do) but I (obviously) prefer Reason for the fact that it feels like it feels geared to make music instead of by tech people who are grounded in spreadsheets. Bitwig is somewhere between the two. It is a very technical feeling but it has a spark of magic inside that feel. The old Energy-XT was similar.

However you want to try and spin it, it's still designed by musicians for musicians.

The owner and creator of Presonus played in a rock band, doesn't get anymore authentic then that.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”