The Legend not showing in Logic Pro X?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've installed the plugin, it shows in the plugins folder, registered... but nothing showing in Logic?

Any ideas?

You could try posting at the Synapse Forums:

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/

You can do a search there and see if someone else had the same issue and if there was a suggested solution. I don't own a Mac so can't help but I think Marcin is the Mac expert at Synapse Audio. Post your issue there and he'll be happy to help I'm sure....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Did you log-out/log-in from your account (or restart).
This is needed if you'r under High Sierra or Mojave for AU Manager to check for plug-in status changed.

Yep, I realised after I posted, just a restart.

I don't normally have to do that when installing most plugins. When I open Logic it scans for new plugins at startup,... but it didn't for some reason?

Thanks

This behaviour is new in High Sierra & Mojave (either intentional, or a bug). You need to log out or restart for the au cache to be updated, and thus applications see there are new plugins to scan.

I've just moved to a new iMac so I'm reinstalling my 3rd party plugins and hadn't really noticed this before.
Although I did install the new Cypher 2 demo yesterday and had the same problem. I ended up just using the standalone version for a short test run.

That's freaking annoying. I haven't upgraded OS yet so all I"ve needed to so is restart Logic.

It's often the obvious solution, but easily overlooked if unneeded previously.

I'm using DP 9.52 Sierra
AU crashes DP and VST doesn't show up at all in DP even after reboot @ Synapse wtf?
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

System Preferences, Security & Privacy: under Accessibility add LogicPro to "Allow [] to control your computer."
This is a Mojave Feature.

kgdrum wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 pm I'm using DP 9.52 Sierra
AU crashes DP and VST doesn't show up at all in DP even after reboot @ Synapse wtf?
Use the Legacy version if your computers CPU is not AVX-capable.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 pm
I read on Gearslutz that someone with a non-AVX compatible CPU was able to get a 1.3 update without the AVX code from support. So if someone is in that boat, they may want to try contact Synapse directly. My understanding is that AVX started hitting chips in 2011, so if you're running an older computer, this is likely the cause of problems with the latest updates. If you're running an AVX compatible chip, then contact support anyway if you're getting crashes. Always a good idea to handle tech support via the official channels IMO.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:22 am
woodsdenis wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 pm
I read on Gearslutz that someone with a non-AVX compatible CPU was able to get a 1.3 update without the AVX code from support. So if someone is in that boat, they may want to try contact Synapse directly. My understanding is that AVX started hitting chips in 2011, so if you're running an older computer, this is likely the cause of problems with the latest updates. If you're running an AVX compatible chip, then contact support anyway if you're getting crashes. Always a good idea to handle tech support via the official channels IMO.
The legacy 1.3 is in the downloads area under the AVX 1.3
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

indeed, no need to contact support, it is listed in your download section at the official site after you log in

Open the Plugin Manager in Logic Pro X and rescan manually for Synapse Products

Return to “Instruments”