DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

This is a PSA: you will pull Dune out of my cold, dead, hands, and all you billions of EDM kids need to stop f**king with it.

Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
I tend to lean towards emulations of old classic synths (just my preference), but how do seasoned users find it when it comes to old school retro type sounds. Does it cover everything well as the sound demos seem to sit in the Trance genre?

Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 am Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
I tend to lean towards emulations of old classic synths (just my preference), but how do seasoned users find it when it comes to old school retro type sounds. Does it cover everything well as the sound demos seem to sit in the Trance genre?
If you know how to program it, the retro stuff is no big deal for Dune 3. As a "general purpose" synth, it's unbeatable. Besides the already known sound quality, there are a few features that will help you get that retro sound: fine control on unison, polyphonic LFOs, and a distorsion / process unit that can operate before, after or between filters, giving you fine grain control over the output.

I would not dare to say it's the best of its class, but it for sure is on the top five.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

nachenko wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 am
Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 am Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
If you know how to program it, the retro stuff is no big deal for Dune 3. As a "general purpose" synth, it's unbeatable. Besides the already known sound quality, there are a few features that will help you get that retro sound: fine control on unison, polyphonic LFOs, and a distorsion / process unit that can operate before, after or between filters, giving you fine grain control over the output.

I would not dare to say it's the best of its class, but it for sure is on the top five.
Thanks. I'll give it a test run.

Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 am

Also, try the vintage saw and pulse waveforms located in the wavetable oscillators in combination with the vintage synth fikters. I do think Dune is best of its class ;)

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 am
Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 am

Also, try the vintage saw and pulse waveforms located in the wavetable oscillators in combination with the vintage synth filters. I do think Dune is best of its class ;)

Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?

_ZzaJ_ wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?
phaseplant isnt out yet, so no idea how you can make a decision like that

_ZzaJ_ wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?
We will see when Phaseplant comes out. Massive X is also around the corner.

But I will say Synapse Audio have been making AAA quality software synths for longer than pretty much everyone else except a few like NI, Uhe, Arturia etc etc. It’s possible that Dune 3 will be the EDM synth to beat for years to come. Honestly I just don’t see how Dune 3 can be topped at the moment.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

And exactly what do you base this on?

This should be good.

I still hope to see a fix for the Cubase crackling issue when multi-threading is enabled.

omiroad wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:28 am I still hope to see a fix for the Cubase crackling issue when multi-threading is enabled.
turn it off and let the host handle multi

AnX wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:03 am
omiroad wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:28 am I still hope to see a fix for the Cubase crackling issue when multi-threading is enabled.
turn it off and let the host handle multi
That's not unreasonable, but I just like everything working perfectly :p

AnX wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:39 pm
phaseplant isnt out yet, so no idea how you can make a decision like that
It is out now. It is a completely different beast from Dune. They are both very good synths. Just wish Dune had up to date modulation like all the other new synths, that's from a sound design point of view though.

Just got Dune 3 a few days ago. What a beast! Best sounding synth on the market imo. So thick, warm and lush. I do wish it had a right click option to modulate a parameter or drag and drop like Hive does. That's about the only nitpick though. The oscillators, filters, effects all sound superb to me. And 2 arpeggiators are cool to have :)

This is my definitely my go-to now and makes me not care about any other synth out there, as sound wise for my taste, I find it trumps them all.

Return to “Instruments”