Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:33 am
e@rs wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:00 pm :lol: Ever heard about Ed Rush & Optical before? Legends is not an exaggeration in their case.
It is if you have to ask people if they've heard of them. I certainly haven't so maybe they are legends in a very narrow space, like "local legends", but they are not actual legends.
As I said in the original post about the guys, I meant DNB legends (same caliber as Front 242 or NIN for Industrial). But indeed, DNB is not exactly the most popular genre...
chk071 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 am If you're not into Drum & Bass, chances are high that you never heard of them. :)
Agree, but depends on each individual. I'm not that deep into DNB, yet I heard about them (and quite a few other DNB artists). I don't limit myself to specific genres, like a lot of guys seem to. Their loss...
Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 am I am. Bonham and Jones; Ringo and Paul; Noel and Mitch; Charlie and Bill: Roger and Nick. Keith and John. I love DnB. Just never heard of anything to do with whatever the 'legends' names are.
Looks like you're into an alternative type of DNB... :hihi:

I'd call it 'classic' DnB.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

legends can be idiots though, look at ollie reed!

wild thang!

wogan!

and yeah, ive heard of ed rush.
not a fan of geddy lees voice though :shrug:

Entwhistle was an idiot, too. Doing blow at the age he died was Darwin Award territory.

I liked Oliver Reed, but, then again, I never went pub crawling with him. Alcoholics are, for personal reasons, not my favourite people to be around.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

there is only one legend. George Best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCPf7zzI8Yc
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I took advantage of the Cubase Pro upgrade offer from version 9.5 to 10 about a week ago. For $50, in my opinion, it was a good deal based on my DAW workflow.

With that said, in addition to Digital Performer 10, Cubase Pro is one of the DAWs that I probably should use more often, but I tend to revert to Studio One Professional 4 or Samplitude Pro X3 when starting a new project/song. My primary use of Cubase Pro is related to collaboration projects. However, in the future, I might start using it more as a replacement for Samplitude.

telecode wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:03 pm there is only one legend. George Best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCPf7zzI8Yc
manu fan from toronto...

figures :lol:

Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:19 pm Entwhistle was an idiot, too. Doing blow at the age he died was Darwin Award territory.
was he a legend though?
i know he was in the who, who are legends.
but, is his a household name? does that matter even, if he was part of a legendary act? (which isn't in doubt)
I liked Oliver Reed, but, then again, I never went pub crawling with him. Alcoholics are, for personal reasons, not my favourite people to be around.
yeah, he seemed like a fun guy.
but then you don't tend to tell the anecdotes where you stole from friends or smacked someone for not giving you a drink at 5am, you tend to tell the raucous tales :?
have my own issues with alcoholics...
another thread, another time...

Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm I'd call it 'classic' DnB.
Looks like you're stuck at Jungle...

Bombadil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:19 pm Entwhistle was an idiot, too. Doing blow at the age he died was Darwin Award territory.
Not only blow. But who cares. Probably the greatest bass player in rock history and he went out like a king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dsyo2Ox-0
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Who cares? His family and friends, I'd guess. I've known more than my share of od deaths. There's nothing remotely romantic about them.
-Henry A. Wallace

As good of a deal as this is, I’m not having much luck talking myself into it :lol: I don’t wanna pay, also I have too many DAWs, and I don’t want to buy another dongle. Lastly, I am certain they are planning to disable VST 2 support sooner or later to force the VST 3 issue. Though, mostly I don’t want to pay. :dog:

Good thing I'm patient and almost never need official support, because the impatient might bust a vein trying to get support with Steinberg:

Order Cubase Pro10 crossgrade download. Steinberg shop automatically adds USB e-licenser to the order.
Pay, thanks. Excitement!
Wait for shipping info. none.
Check website and email every day, for 4 days, nothing.
Submit Steinberg support ticket. Receive autoresponse it will be 2 business days. 2 days later, nothing.
Web Chat from Steinberg website support. "Joel" says "How can I help you?" I state my issue, no response. State it over and over for 20 minutes while I hear nothing from Joel, chat ends.
Register in Forum, state my issue. Autoresponse says mods "approve" first. 2 hours later, nothing.
Call Steinberg, state my issue, get told Asknet is who I need to speak with as they run the online shop.
Call Asknet, goes to voicemail and I leave a message with my info. 3 hours later (now), nothing.
Email Asknet opening a ticket. Receive autoresponse it will be 2 business days. Waiting.

Pitiful. Seriously.

Edit: finally spoke to Asknet - Steinberg is out of usb e-licensers, might be week or two. Neat.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”