VST/Sampler that mimics the characteristics of another signal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What I'm looking to do is take one sound and apply these envelope and EQ curves to another sound.

For example I'd like to have, say, a dog barking followed by a car engine. However, for the second sound I'd like it resemble the envelope of the dog and be EQ'd similarly.

Why? Why not. Could be rather trippy.

BTW, no I'm not drunk :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Melodyne is my favorite for that sort of thing. Also, there are various curve matching EQs out there... Fabfilter for example. I think Melda has something too.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

MSpectralDynamics all I can think of

Mmm... have you thought about morphing ? This can take you pretty close from what you're trying to achieve.
I use morphing all the time to get, for example, the envelope of one drum on another drum (and not only this), and so on...
Prosoniq Morph may help you to make your car engine bark.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Consider Zynaptiq Morph.

Why did I say "Prosoniq" ? Of course I meant Zynaptiq... Prosoniq doesn't exist anymore...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check them out shortly.

BTW the dog/car examples were just the first two sounds that came to mind. They will change once the track gains momentum.

You want to apply the amplitude envelope and frequency spectrum of one source to another? Sounds like an exact description of a vocoder!

imrae wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 am You want to apply the amplitude envelope and frequency spectrum of one source to another? Sounds like an exact description of a vocoder!
And pitch I guess.

You could be right with this suggestion. I dismissed a vocoder because I associate them with synthy types of sounds but I guess that’s because of the carrier input. It could work if I fed it something different.

Hmmmmm, do I even own a vocoder?! :scratch head:

You do want your carrier to be somewhat consistent, but plenty of looping/freezing/limiting options there!

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:54 am
imrae wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 am You want to apply the amplitude envelope and frequency spectrum of one source to another? Sounds like an exact description of a vocoder!
Hmmmmm, do I even own a vocoder?! :scratch head:
TAL - Vocoder (FREE)
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-vocoder

Return to “Instruments”