2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ooo Qubit prism... *drool...
Too bad I gotta buy a case now so I can has more hp first.

*The Divkid thing too, gotta look into learning about electronics so I can do the DIY thing as well. No classes for that here either, gotta get a book.

Thinking about getting a custom case from this guy in Russia. I like fancy stuff like that. mdr.modular

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

^ Ooo yeah, I like that too. Interestingly, shipping from Russia is cheaper than shipping from California.

Is it just me or does the stand remind you of these things?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Nope not just you. Good call. That’s just one design of his anyway. I am on my phone, so it’s hard to snag a photo url off da net. That was just a handy one.

pekbro wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:14 pm *The Divkid thing too, gotta look into learning about electronics so I can do the DIY thing as well. No classes for that here either, gotta get a book.
The main skill is soldering, and being meticulous. Really, where a knowledge of electronics comes in is if something goes wrong, but if you're careful with the soldering and making sure the parts are in the right place, oriented properly etc that's rare. And its not much 'electronics theory' (as it were) that's needed, more just a familiarity with parts, how to do basic testing etc.

The main board on the Mutes is actually partially prebuilt (that's all SMT parts, which are tiny and much harder to solder and outside my skills) so it should be relatively straightforward.
There are actually kits which are aimed at folk learning to build stuff, which is helpful. Music Thing have a couple, for example, including their new Start module.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:09 am
The main skill is soldering, and being meticulous. Really, where a knowledge of electronics comes in is if something goes wrong, but if you're careful with the soldering and making sure the parts are in the right place, oriented properly etc that's rare. And its not much 'electronics theory' (as it were) that's needed, more just a familiarity with parts, how to do basic testing etc.

The main board on the Mutes is actually partially prebuilt (that's all SMT parts, which are tiny and much harder to solder and outside my skills) so it should be relatively straightforward.
There are actually kits which are aimed at folk learning to build stuff, which is helpful. Music Thing have a couple, for example, including their new Start module.
Thanks, that all sounds like something I should try. Definitely I want to get a good soldering
station and give it a go. Now that I have the modular bug, there's certainly a huge pull in that
direction. Especially with all the cool DIY projects we get to read about around here :tu:

yay! prism is here!

laters!

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm Image
nice!

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:53 pm
vurt wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:47 pm toon, not you.

qubit prism module, nicely demoed by toon in the cafe, along with a divkid video, so it's all connected i guess :ud:
Aaaah, QuBit... too many modules, not enough properly caffeinated braincells. Lemme know how it is...
so far so good!
especially the freeze function. after years ago blowing my teaspoon and it costing too much to send back considering it was 70 quid to buy...
it looks like ive finally found a replacement that actually sounds and works the same :woohoo!:
not to mention the additional functions.

got a simple bit of warped audio going through morphagene, straight in to the prism. that alone is like a samplists wet dream :o
everything triggering at odd times so the repeats are off :hihi:
awesome!

back to it!

Spotted this little doodad at Superbooth. 8-point patchbay with pinmatrix. It's still in the prototype stage so not sure when it will be shipping but it looks great for someone like me who uses desktop units.

WP_20190510_19_13_04_Rich.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image

id hope it stays looking like that!
looks cool just the way it is.

Oops! I didn't really mean to but somehow I accidentally bought a new mixer on Saturday. I'm still not sure how it happened. One minute I was driving down the road and the next thing I remember, I am putting a Yamaha MG10XU into the boot of the car, outside a music shop. It's the damnedest thing.

It's a bit bigger and much heavier than I thought it would be. I've had to reinforce the polycarbonate sheeting I use as a shelf with some strips of aluminium to stop it sagging. The mixer also has a big bloody PSU, so the package isn't anywhere near as portable as I'd hoped. But I need the extra channels so I will just have to wear it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

sprnva wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:31 pm Spotted this little doodad at Superbooth. 8-point patchbay with pinmatrix. It's still in the prototype stage so not sure when it will be shipping but it looks great for someone like me who uses desktop units.

WP_20190510_19_13_04_Rich.jpg
They do a version of that as a 9x9 matrix module (MTX9). Still prevaricating between that and the SSSR Matrixarchate.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”