Airwindows Deckwrecka: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ibWKA66aE

TL;DW: Deckwrecka fattens and dirties up beats.

Deckwrecka.zip(358k)

Back in the day, I was asked by composer Alan Gold to create a special plugin. How special? To give you some idea, you might recognize the name quicker as Agzilla… or the DECKWRECKA. And so, that became the name of the plugin, appearing on the Deckwrecka blog, then lost to time.

Until now! Hope this sits well with the eponymous Deckwrecka. It was always free and now it's doubly free because it's open source too. Now it's brought up to date with the most recent Airwindows technologies, and it's available in VST form for the first time ever. :D

So what exactly is this thing? It's like a thunderousness overdrive. It's huge, slamming, dirty bass, like spinning records on a turntable run through 1000 watts and a pile of monster bassbins. Technically it's like extra bass plus overdrive plus certain types of dirt and grunge all rolled up together into a pile of funk. Or at least that's the endeavour.

You can use it how you please, but you can throw it on kick drums for EDM and hip-hop, or whatever elements need to be more beefy and sub-rattling. In this case the plugin is extra free as it was always a sort of promo item, so you won't be going to the Patreon to throw in some extra money on account of you're using it on every mix now. Instead, you could go do that because you like me to be still working :)

Simple enough! Hope you like it.

Thanks Chris :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Note to myself to check this one out later today. 8)

:tu:

You're so right about using it for eigthies Hip Hop with electronic kick drums. You remind me of a story in David Toop's book Rap Attack about the first time the track It's Yours by T La Rock was played on a PA in a club.

But it also works very well together with a bit of reverb to make tame acoustic kick drums sound thunderous such as this 2006 track:

https://youtu.be/JbgSnamfoUY

sounds good on a 22 inch tom drum

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 pm You're so right about using it for eigthies Hip Hop with electronic kick drums. You remind me of a story in David Toop's book Rap Attack about the first time the track It's Yours by T La Rock was played on a PA in a club.
`84 moves into '85. Screams. Slashes of
noise. A fat 808 bass drum with a whiplash
snare - dough and breaking concrete -
booms in a New York club called Area.
.It's Yours`, by T La Rock and J~ Jay
is the first release to sport the logo of Rick
Rubin's label, Def Jam, and Rick is in the
DJ booth, waiting to hear it drop.
The results are spectacular. .One of the
best moments I`ve ever had, ` says Rick ,
with a typical lack of restraint. .Some-
one who worked at the club came run-
ning up to the booth and said. ..Turn it
down! Turn it down!" They have these big
Richard Long bass speakers. these huge
door mode! horns. One of the speakers
actually caught on fire. They had to put it
out with fire extinguishers. The best . `
For those who want to read about the origins and early days of Hip Hop, buy the book Rap Attack by David Toop. :tu:

Now I totally want to buy that book :D

That track throws an increasingly huge amount of energy down to 51hz and has some left over at even lower frequencies, I wonder if the giant bass horns cut off a bit higher than that. You'd be getting the most out of 'em, would sound bigger than any other track, but they'd burn up from the energy below their efficiency range that you don't hear. Amazing story :)

Return to “Effects”