Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sacer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:03 am
nathanj wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am Any idea of why samplitude’s not on that list?

because it's an competitive update
And in what way is Samplitude not in direct competition to Cubase? Enlighten us please. :-)
Last edited by jens on Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

sacer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:03 am
nathanj wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am Any idea of why samplitude’s not on that list?

because it's an competitive update
Shots fired :lol:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

by a blind person, obviously...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I found an old DVD of Cubase LE 6 that came with an audio interface. So I am tempted to get Cubase Elements 10 upgrade.

1. Is anyone else selling the upgrade to Elements 10? A quick search tells me no.

2. How does the authorization work? I mean I just have the DVD, haven't installed it and not sure what's the serial number is. Any suggestions?

Thank you! :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 pm I found an old DVD of Cubase LE 6 that came with an audio interface. So I am tempted to get Cubase Elements 10 upgrade.

1. Is anyone else selling the upgrade to Elements 10? A quick search tells me no.

2. How does the authorization work? I mean I just have the DVD, haven't installed it and not sure what's the serial number is. Any suggestions?

you have to register it. there should be a serial # on the cardboad cover.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 pm I found an old DVD of Cubase LE 6 that came with an audio interface. So I am tempted to get Cubase Elements 10 upgrade.

you have to register it. there should be a serial # on the cardvoad cover.
Okay, but it is the OEM version. Will it work?
I am unable to locate the serial however. I just have the DVD in a paper cover.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 pm

As long as there is an LE license on your (soft-)eLicenser it will work. But you need to register LE first. And for that you need the serial.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:27 pm

As long as there is an LE license on your (soft-)eLicenser it will work. But you need to register LE first. And for that you need the serial.
Thank you for the tip. I am checking my emails now. It was way back in 2012 or 2013, so might be difficult to recall some things.

Okay, so I am all set. Just installed LE 6 from the DVD and followed the registration process to activate it. Got the product activated on the soft e-licenser. I now recall that I was never able to install LE 6 on my old computer due to some NET Framework issues in e-licenser installation.

Now, how and where to get Cubase Elements 10 upgrade?

In my account I am only seeing the option to get Cubase LE 10 at a discount. Any suggestions? :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Go here:

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/celebr ... nniversary

macmuse wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:28 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Go here:

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/celebr ... nniversary
Thanks, just ordered it. I wanted to make sure I order through the proper channel so that the upgrade reflects in my account, as the store is not very clear with this. :tu:

I think this was the cheapest way for me to explore another DAW for this first time, so why not.

felis wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:19 am https://pluginalley.com/?s=cubase+10&post_type=product

10 crossgrade shows out of stock.
Artist 10 and Elements 10 Educational versions are available

sircuit wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:56 pm Pluginalley seems to have removed Cubase 10 Pro from their store :?:
If you make a statement as fact, you should post a link.
I have no link because I have nothing to link. From Europe (at least) no Steinberg products are available. i had Cubase 10 added i cart few days ago and yesterday when I visited the site, a pop-up popped-up to let me know that “we removed items from your cart because they are not available in tour shop anymore” - or something along the lines of this text.

I think it should. but better check with Stein. Thats what I used but I also upgraded from 6 to 8 and 9.5 over the years. I think LE is just LE. And AI comes with Stein hardware. But they are same thing -- stripped down Cubase.

FWIW.. One thing I just noticed which *might* entice me to jump on the BS USB dongle pro version. No batch export in Elements. I may not use the fancy features but Its going to be a real major pain in the ass to manually export 50 tracks in my projects. :-(
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:18 pm

I think it should. but better check with Stein. Thats what I used but I also upgraded from 6 to 8 and 9.5 over the years. I think LE is just LE. And AI comes with Stein hardware. But they are same thing -- stripped down Cubase.
You are late buddy. I am almost done with the download of Cubase Elements 10! ;)

Thanks for your help. :)

telecode wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:18 pm I think LE is just LE. And AI comes with Stein hardware. But they are same thing -- stripped down Cubase.
Cubase LE has fewer features than Cubase AI - see the comparison chart for details. Both Cubase LE and Cubase AI have fewer features than Cubase Elements, the cheapest retail edition of Cubase.

Be careful when purchasing upgrade licenses, as Steinberg upgrades are strict about the licences they will upgrade. If your existing licence is valid for a higher edition of Cubase or a later version than you remember (perhaps via a grace period upgrade that you did not realise had been granted), you could inadvertently buy an activation code that will not apply.

The best way ahead is to open eLicenser Control Center and run the Maintenance procedure, then buy based on what the existing licence displays as in eLicenser Control Center.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”