DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
tony10000
KVRian
549 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Tue May 14, 2019 6:58 pm

I think the secrets of Dune's great sound are the EQs, the filters, and especially the effects.

C-quence
KVRist
128 posts since 27 Sep, 2004

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Tue May 14, 2019 10:12 pm

That’s why I will buy Dune3 when it contains an fx version of it so I can apply the eq’s, filters and fx to my other instruments. Is it on the roadmap?

tony10000
KVRian
549 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Tue May 14, 2019 10:55 pm

C-quence wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:12 pm
That’s why I will buy Dune3 when it contains an fx version of it so I can apply the eq’s, filters and fx to my other instruments. Is it on the roadmap?
Best place to post is here:

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... 7b8f74b892

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3589 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Sun May 19, 2019 4:24 pm

This is a PSA: you will pull Dune out of my cold, dead, hands, and all you billions of EDM kids need to stop f**king with it.

User avatar
Hemmick Reef
KVRian
1488 posts since 10 Jan, 2005 from UK

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 am

Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
I tend to lean towards emulations of old classic synths (just my preference), but how do seasoned users find it when it comes to old school retro type sounds. Does it cover everything well as the sound demos seem to sit in the Trance genre?

User avatar
nachenko
KVRist
287 posts since 13 Mar, 2018

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am

Hemmick Reef wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 am
Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
I tend to lean towards emulations of old classic synths (just my preference), but how do seasoned users find it when it comes to old school retro type sounds. Does it cover everything well as the sound demos seem to sit in the Trance genre?
If you know how to program it, the retro stuff is no big deal for Dune 3. As a "general purpose" synth, it's unbeatable. Besides the already known sound quality, there are a few features that will help you get that retro sound: fine control on unison, polyphonic LFOs, and a distorsion / process unit that can operate before, after or between filters, giving you fine grain control over the output.

I would not dare to say it's the best of its class, but it for sure is on the top five.
Half music, half random ramblings by a MAN FROM SPACE
https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

User avatar
Hemmick Reef
KVRian
1488 posts since 10 Jan, 2005 from UK

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 am

nachenko wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am
Hemmick Reef wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 am
Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
I tend to lean towards emulations of old classic synths (just my preference), but how do seasoned users find it when it comes to old school retro type sounds. Does it cover everything well as the sound demos seem to sit in the Trance genre?
If you know how to program it, the retro stuff is no big deal for Dune 3. As a "general purpose" synth, it's unbeatable. Besides the already known sound quality, there are a few features that will help you get that retro sound: fine control on unison, polyphonic LFOs, and a distorsion / process unit that can operate before, after or between filters, giving you fine grain control over the output.

I would not dare to say it's the best of its class, but it for sure is on the top five.
Thanks. I'll give it a test run.

Danilo Villanova
KVRist
237 posts since 30 Apr, 2018

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 3:36 am

Hemmick Reef wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 am
nachenko wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am
Hemmick Reef wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 am
Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
I tend to lean towards emulations of old classic synths (just my preference), but how do seasoned users find it when it comes to old school retro type sounds. Does it cover everything well as the sound demos seem to sit in the Trance genre?
If you know how to program it, the retro stuff is no big deal for Dune 3. As a "general purpose" synth, it's unbeatable. Besides the already known sound quality, there are a few features that will help you get that retro sound: fine control on unison, polyphonic LFOs, and a distorsion / process unit that can operate before, after or between filters, giving you fine grain control over the output.

I would not dare to say it's the best of its class, but it for sure is on the top five.
Thanks. I'll give it a test run.
Also, try the vintage saw and pulse waveforms located in the wavetable oscillators in combination with the vintage synth fikters. I do think Dune is best of its class ;)

Danilo Villanova
KVRist
237 posts since 30 Apr, 2018

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 3:37 am

Danilo Villanova wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:36 am
Hemmick Reef wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 am
nachenko wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am
Hemmick Reef wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 am
Dune3 looks like a nice synth... I need to give it another test run as it seems so popular.
I tend to lean towards emulations of old classic synths (just my preference), but how do seasoned users find it when it comes to old school retro type sounds. Does it cover everything well as the sound demos seem to sit in the Trance genre?
If you know how to program it, the retro stuff is no big deal for Dune 3. As a "general purpose" synth, it's unbeatable. Besides the already known sound quality, there are a few features that will help you get that retro sound: fine control on unison, polyphonic LFOs, and a distorsion / process unit that can operate before, after or between filters, giving you fine grain control over the output.

I would not dare to say it's the best of its class, but it for sure is on the top five.
Thanks. I'll give it a test run.
Also, try the vintage saw and pulse waveforms located in the wavetable oscillators in combination with the vintage synth filters. I do think Dune is best of its class ;)

_ZzaJ_
KVRer
15 posts since 5 May, 2019 from Shanghai

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 am

Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?

AnX
KVRAF
5587 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 am

_ZzaJ_ wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 am
Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?
phaseplant isnt out yet, so no idea how you can make a decision like that

v1o
KVRAF
1930 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 2:07 pm

_ZzaJ_ wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 am
Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?
We will see when Phaseplant comes out. Massive X is also around the corner.

But I will say Synapse Audio have been making AAA quality software synths for longer than pretty much everyone else except a few like NI, Uhe, Arturia etc etc. It’s possible that Dune 3 will be the EDM synth to beat for years to come. Honestly I just don’t see how Dune 3 can be topped at the moment.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
17436 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Mon May 20, 2019 2:42 pm

_ZzaJ_ wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 am
Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?
And exactly what do you base this on?

This should be good.

omiroad
KVRist
366 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri May 31, 2019 1:28 am

I still hope to see a fix for the Cubase crackling issue when multi-threading is enabled.

AnX
KVRAF
5587 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri May 31, 2019 3:03 am

omiroad wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:28 am
I still hope to see a fix for the Cubase crackling issue when multi-threading is enabled.
turn it off and let the host handle multi

Return to “Instruments”