FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

dionenoid wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:08 am About the envelope drawing :

In so much stuff nowadays you don't need anything but your mouse to draw, directly in the envelope window. Look how it's done in for example Kontakt, Battery, Serum, Avenger, Falcon, Fabfilter, DMG, Cableguys, Izotope and so on. Even in lots of freeware and in all major daw's. You can draw the craziest of envelopes without any pop-ups, menu's, commands or other workarounds.
Don't understand why Melda doesn't get with the times and modernizes this part, would be so much quicker and easier, especially because it's such a big part of this synth and i use it a lot.
Is true that there is a lot of options and we can find some pop-ups for a lot of things, but that is the melda way and maybe because of the big amount of options many people might feel overwelmed, including myself at the beginning when understanding why an EQ has modulators and multiparameters, customization for the bands In such a way I have never seen inside an Eq, and a lot of stuffs I have never seen in many others products, and maybe that's what make melda kind of complex at times but special. The idea for a simpler work flow is good, I like it, however that sometimes would mean remove possibilities and versatility possible only in this way, and I couldn't imagine the idea of remove features just because is deep.

So I think that I agree if there is a way to simplify a little bit things would be nice if possible of course, but never, absolutely never would be in favor of get rid of features and possibilities because makes the products complex and deep, (some people suggested that and is one of the biggest nonsense [respectfully] I have seen because that is what gives value to the product); in that case I never would buy Msoundfactory, really is the reason I like it, even when is challenging me to learn a little bit if needed, is rewarding at the end; this is why I think that msf is more than a synth with very different work flow compared to anything.

How do I make Lfo´s free running - not triggered by anything - Dubstyle ya know? :) :?:

Let me say this:

MSF is awesome!
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:02 am How do I make Lfo´s free running - not triggered by anything - Dubstyle ya know? :) :?:

Let me say this:

MSF is awesome!
Use a global LFO, located at the lower right of the interface.

In so much stuff nowadays you don't need anything but your mouse to draw, directly in the envelope window. Look how it's done in for example Kontakt, Battery, Serum, Avenger, Falcon, Fabfilter, DMG, Cableguys, Izotope and so on. Even in lots of freeware and in all major daw's. You can draw the craziest of envelopes without any pop-ups, menu's, commands or other workarounds.
Don't understand why Melda doesn't get with the times and modernizes this part, would be so much quicker and easier, especially because it's such a big part of this synth and i use it a lot.
So does melda , double click to insert a point..easy as that
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:24 am

So does melda , double click to insert a point..easy as that
No it doesn't. You first have to open the "Custom Shape" window before you can draw anything. That's my point.
More BPM please

So ?
Yes in MSF you click on ''çustom shape''to go into mseg mode , and in any other synth you would click on a tab that opens a mseg .
Basically the same thing
I personally find this a non issue
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

So after testing MSF some time and having quite some issues with the UI, workflow or processing, I of course decided to not buy in. There so far isn't anything that was too awesome to not buy it. And just because it's currently cheap is no reason for me as I buy products for what they are and not what they might become. I experienced to get the usual sounds much faster with more conventional synths. The physical modelling or all-to-modulate approach didn't have that much impact on my sound design. I mean it's cool to have these option but I didn't experience any patch where it was necessary to do so or where it could have lead to something non-chaotic. :shrug:

But then, as a side note, how often are the craziest of envelopes needed in sound design and mixing ?

The capabilities in MSF for modifying envelopes are offering quite a good variety of options. It's even possible to load wav files to modify envelopes. There are at least two Melda audio processing plugins that are offering free form drawing, so if there's a need for this it most likely can be inherited.

I feel like being able to directly draw in the envelope can be more immediate for the purpose of doing "custom shape" alone, but not nearly as flexible as it is donw right now, where you can apply and blend together (even modulated) different amounts of basic shape, custom shape and sequencer shape.
Right now it gives a much organized way to address each component individually.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:14 pm So ?
Yes in MSF you click on ''çustom shape''to go into mseg mode , and in any other synth you would click on a tab that opens a mseg .
Basically the same thing
I personally find this a non issue
And i DO find this an issue, because i'm using envelopes all over the place, having to open unneccessary pop-ups and taking these extra steps all the time. It's just time consuming and serves no purpose IMO.
More BPM please

RobinWood wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:23 pm So after testing MSF some time and having quite some issues with the UI, workflow or processing, I of course decided to not buy in. There so far isn't anything that was too awesome to not buy it. And just because it's currently cheap is no reason for me as I buy products for what they are and not what they might become. I experienced to get the usual sounds much faster with more conventional synths. The physical modelling or all-to-modulate approach didn't have that much impact on my sound design. I mean it's cool to have these option but I didn't experience any patch where it was necessary to do so or where it could have lead to something non-chaotic. :shrug:
Ok different tastes, what I don't know is why your account (created the last year) goes to a lot of melda's threads, the delays, about MXXX and more just to show how much you dont like the products from melda and need to talk negatively about it. I mean with all politeness, if you know how melda's synths and effects are, the UI and you don't have interest (again all your comments demonstrate this, you don't like anything from melda) in this synth or have something against anything from melda just let it go, why to insist if you know you don't like it or never will enjoy it? of course would be at least better to understand why you do this, but is your business.

dionenoid wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:26 pm And i DO find this an issue, because i'm using envelopes all over the place, having to open unneccessary pop-ups and taking these extra steps all the time. It's just time consuming and serves no purpose IMO.
In a live performance this time consuming could be obstructive but then, for a live performance, spending a proper setup time beforehand using multi parameters, and assigning them to MIDI controllers would be in order, IMHO.

JunSev wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:33 pm
RobinWood wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:23 pm So after testing MSF some time and having quite some issues with the UI, workflow or processing, I of course decided to not buy in. There so far isn't anything that was too awesome to not buy it. And just because it's currently cheap is no reason for me as I buy products for what they are and not what they might become. I experienced to get the usual sounds much faster with more conventional synths. The physical modelling or all-to-modulate approach didn't have that much impact on my sound design. I mean it's cool to have these option but I didn't experience any patch where it was necessary to do so or where it could have lead to something non-chaotic. :shrug:
Ok different tastes, what I don't know is why your account (created the last year) goes to a lot of melda's threads, the delays, about MXXX and more just to show how much you dont like the products from melda and need to talk negatively about it. I mean with all politeness, if you know how melda's synths and effects are, the UI and you don't have interest (again all your comments demonstrate this, you don't like anything from melda) in this synth or have something against anything from melda just let it go, why to insist if you know you don't like it or never will enjoy it? of course would be at least better to understand why you do this, but is your business.
Going to report you and your conspiracy theories buddy since you don't even consider to stop. I don't know your relationship to melda but I meanwhile have some own theories.

You're right, why or why not I'm going to test plugins is my business, not yours.

and he really didn't have to, JunSev unfortunately I have to get notifications on this thread so I'm not missing a post...I was serious about you statements as they just take it odd topic. Everyone else has done a great job turning this into a decent and informative thread, so your post wont be in this thread from this point on.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

RobinWood wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:23 pm I experienced to get the usual sounds much faster with more conventional synths.
shouldn't be a surprise, but if you build out a specific instrument architecture using the components on offer and strap an easy gui to it, then you get ongoing fast patch creation that way too - but with an instrument that is built however you wanted it: usual or not.

the beauty is that we get to design the instrument and not just the patch. in that context it's a pretty rapid development environment with an exponential learning curve.

Return to “Instruments”