[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

LawrenceF wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:31 pm He's running the current version in that video so that's likely not a new software feature, just better integration with Nektar with (I assume) a new External Device that takes advantage of it.

I mean, it's obviously working in 4.1.4 in that video.
Yes, that was not made clear in the video, but there was talk on here a while back by "justin3am" about a Nektarine update for Panoramas, so we will have to wait and see. That was supposed to be out before the new year and it seems to have gone awol, so maybe it was for newer models only.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:26 am I remember right before the announcement stream of version 3.0, people were leaking images of 3.0 all over Instagram. A lot of successful producers were sharing glimpses of 3.0 on their feed. I guess Presonus told them to "leak" these photos as part of a marketing strategy.

Does anyone recall who was sharing these images on instagram? Maybe they're doing it again.
Just 3 days brother... patience. :D

This is pretty cool, by the way:
dellboy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 pm One definite new feature which was revealed at Superbooth and will not set the world alight is full integration for Nektar Panorama controller keyboards. It will be in the Nektar account on 21st May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCmxzhWPZBY
Just a shame that that kind of integration always requires cooperation between the hardware manufacturer, and the DAW developers (which usually leads to lack of support after very short time). I want a protocol which allows for that kind of stuff. With any controller.

Bitwig has scripts that do a pretty good job of this....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Have you guys noticed the TV is set on Channel 5? :D

SLiC wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 pm Bitwig has scripts that do a pretty good job of this....
Well... that's why it's nice to have a general protocol which handles this. Because it's available in any host then. ;)

Why no option to change default velocity in drum patterns?

Also selecting, copying and drag pasting note data is not possible.

+ When adjusting e.g. transpose of an impact cell in the mod lane, why do all points beyond what is being adjusted also have to be at the same level as what you are adjusting?

Awesome. :) Thanks for the heads up.

But why do they let them spoil the surprise they were about to reveal tomorrow?

Looks good. They didn't get my pet features (mixer snapshots and a truly integrated notation editor, please!), but they're definitely listening to user requests so it gives me hope that these things will come eventually.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I've really busy recently over the past few weeks, making good progress in the land of 3D, besides custom modding my PC.. ...spending less time posting and reading posts on forums has helped, but anyway... whadda ya know... as I predicted several months ago... it was indeed going to be version 4.5 that was to be released :D, (although I must admit...I had my doubts and that we would be in for another two year journey as it was for 3.0). I've yet to see the above video posted... and I'll probably have some thoughts about it... lol.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

The outstanding features for me seem to be: Plugin manager, new MIDI features, and the improved VST performance. If it's really like they claim in the video (they seem to want to advertise a bit for Studio One, fair enough, as they also want to sell their own stuff), then it should make quite a difference.

Another reason for my wavering on Cubase crossgrade is what S1 brings on the table with their update
(I`m watching v4 in parallel to main daw).

Now that Russ revealed it`s v4.5 and, I believe for the first time,
explicitly the daw performance is adressed, could be the main reason to stay with S1.
I mean vsti`s on a 50-60% boost is quite a house number (cautious of collateral bugs).

May 21 to Jun 3 should give enough time for evaluating how competitive the over 70 new features are.
Then there`s Reaper that goes so cosy with AA plugins ... let`s see what S1 gives then.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Feel like a broken record here but:
Any tape style time stretch / transposition ?

So are we not focusing on work flow and just adding 2 million features each update now? Hope no one complains when Studio One starts crashing or stuff is broken. You'll know why then. Steinberg and Sonar did or continue (Steinberg more).

Great now Studio One is attracting the Pro Tools, Cubase, DP fanboys-Cluttered DAW.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”