hey lets eat out grandma!!!!

commas, commas.....

hey, lets eat out, grandma!
Roland cloud, 2 instruments for life.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Trying to decide whether to take the plunge. I wish their synths were NKS.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

acid alex wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:57 pm Trying to decide whether to take the plunge. I wish their synths were NKS.
I honestly can't imagine that ever happening. Not from Roland. They want you to buy their hardware to control their plugins.

If you're on the fence, demo it. I have a System-8 and love that engine/plug-in (though I think the effects are dreadful). On top of the sub-par effects, I think the Roland filters are generally a bit bland (the 303 filter has a nice squelch though). That said, the System-8 is great, the Juno is solid, the TB-303, 808, 909, and D-50 are also excellent. The SH-101 is pretty good. Sadly, I find the Jupiter-8 incredibly boring. Some people really like the JV, but I that's one I just don't connect with. I should also mention that some of the mono synths sound damn good too if you can tolerate no polyphony and low-note priority. If you're like me and find yourself really enjoying a number of instruments, a sub might be worth it. Especially if you get 2 instruments per year.

What is the latest?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Has anybody got experience with Juno 106 Cloud? Does it sound any better than Tal Audio's take on Junos?

For anyone interested, my cloud subscription expired in March, I picked 2 instruments but I can still use them all.....

Not complaining!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pbr985 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:09 am Has anybody got experience with Juno 106 Cloud? Does it sound any better than Tal Audio's take on Junos?
They are both really good, but if you're only after the Juno sound, and don't need or want the rest of the subscription instruments, then go TAL.
TAL is more 6/60 than 106 though, if that matters to you.

Imo Roland Cloud has the best emulations. There are some nice third party emulations for the Jupiter, 106, 303 but the Roland emulations are better imo. If you really want THAT sound.

You can subscribe to Roland Cloud one month for free by the way. Just try them out.

Stefken wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:31 am You can subscribe to Roland Cloud one month for free by the way. Just try them out.
Thank you. I'll do that. I'm also just demoing Tal but the white noise (demo limitation) gives me brain f**k. It's literally impossible to test properly.

Does the Jupiter 8 emulation have dual and split modes like the original Jupiter 8? I can't find it anywhere in the plugin's GUI.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:18 pmI think the Roland filters are generally a bit bland (the 303 filter has a nice squelch though). That said, the System-8 is great, the Juno is solid, the TB-303, 808, 909, and D-50 are also excellent. The SH-101 is pretty good. Sadly, I find the Jupiter-8 incredibly boring. Some people really like the JV, but I that's one I just don't connect with. I should also mention that some of the mono synths sound damn good too if you can tolerate no polyphony and low-note priority. If you're like me and find yourself really enjoying a number of instruments, a sub might be worth it. Especially if you get 2 instruments per year.
I’d say this about their hardware as well as their software. Still, there’s something about the software Jupiter 8 that I really like. It’s just so smooth and rich sounding. You need to pair it with something spicier, that’s all.

Oh, and the low note priority thing is super annoying. Come on, Roland! It’s 2019. Let’s kill that part of our past. BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Last edited by zerocrossing on Sun May 19, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

pbr985 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:09 am Has anybody got experience with Juno 106 Cloud? Does it sound any better than Tal Audio's take on Junos?
I personally like the Roland emulation more. I don’t know if that’s because I like the 60 more than the 106, but that’s my feeling. (Note: my first synth was a Juno 106.)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

layzer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:39 pm hey lets eat out grandma!!!!

commas, commas.....

hey, lets eat out, grandma!
Roland cloud, 2 instruments for life.
let's
:hihi:

I have both and don't really prefer one over the other. They are different, since the originals were different. I do find the Tal is punchier, better for bass and arps I'd say, probably like the original 60. THe 106 is a bit creamier or something. THe 106 has the advantage of having sliders for the waveforms rather than just the on/off buttons of the original (not including the sub), which is how Tal does it. THe Roland 106 also has an additional envelope so you can have a separate one for the amp and filter. Tal just has the one like the original.

Return to “Instruments”